Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Petition to fix the Twist Exploit

The cat is already out of the bag. It is being used in every party I run with. I will never use it, and would prefer that others do not either.

I really hope that they fix it soon.

If you think it should be corrected as soon as possible, type " Yay".

If you think it is inconsequential, or don't want them to fix it, type "Nay".

I vote YAY!

What say you?
    Jyn... Kender... Thelanis

*Insert clever comment here*

/Yay

(don't know how many of these threads I've seen now, but I support raising the issue again.... and again... and again if need be)

Community Member

Not just a fix, but a very heavy penalty for exploiters.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Not just a fix, but a very heavy penalty for exploiters.
    I think..

You've got brown on your nose!

Devs already wrote they will fix it in u20 so this petition is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Devs already wrote they will fix it in u20 so this petition is pointless.
    This.

If it wasn't pointless I would vote M'eh as in "could care less"

I don't actually use it (don't really have a toon that has ED's that I am ready to TR at this point) I honestly don't care if others do. To be honest when Turbine was first talking about ED's and twists it sounded like a twist was something that was meant to be kept active even through a TR.

I wouldn't call this an "exploit" really though. There is no "cost" to the company and no disruption to the game economy nor does it allow for more or better loot. Thus on the whole "M'eh"

Yay, or make it legal.

Either way, do it fast.

I'll go against the "current" on this one and say *NAY* for the following reasons:

1. I enjoy playing DDO more with twists.
    2. It allows my weird builds to have more firepower and survivability.
    3. Content is easy anyway, it really just speeds things up for the most part. Swapped a feat by accident last life-so no twists-and leveled my cleric/ranger/monk up elite streak no problem. But, not as enjoyable.
    4. I can cocoon someone that is going to die.
    5. It rewards those that have EDs without punishing those who don't.
    6. It rewards those that grinded EDs without punishing those that didn't.
    7. Noticeably more people are TRing.
    8. Everyone CAN bring their own heals.
    9. Only 1 person I have met complained about me using twists, someone I cocooned that was near death. I didn't cocoon him again, and we parted ways.
    10. You play the game the way you enjoy, and I'll play it the way I enjoy.
    11. It encourages "TR junkies" to play at 20+ a bit.
    12. I don't expect anyone to have twists-I've seen "TR only" lfms but no "twists only"...clearly TRs are more powerful than twists
    13. Lots of awesome specific situations using different twists that I had a lot of fun. I won't go into details. It's a game. Fun is important.

It's just a game. The way some people sprint to the moral high ground in response to "exploits" I find to be

30% hilarious
    30% sad/pathetic
    40% bewildering

OMG, his pixels are moar uber than my pixels!! That's WRONG!

So in summary, this "bug" brings more overall happiness, more fun, faster TRing, more people TRing, more money for turbine, and on and on and on.

But as someone said, it's being reverted anyway so, pointless discussion. Just wanted to put my 2 copper in anyway .

BTW, there are plenty of people who would also say "NAY", but of course that is a more controversial and tougher position to take. I don't really care what people on the forums think of me, so....again....

Nay.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I don't want to lose 30% striding at lvl1.

Community Member

Coming from a person that doesn't use this. Please stop beating this dead horse. If you don't like it don't group with people that use it that simple.

And read the dev notes ITS GOING TO BE FIXED WITH U 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I don't want to lose 30% striding at lvl1.
    run Abbot for the http://ddowiki.com/page/Quiver_of_Alacrity

Quote Originally Posted by bowwer View Post
    Coming from a person that doesn't use this. Please stop beating this dead horse. If you don't like it don't group with people that use it that simple.
    no its not

I really don't understand why people are so upset over this. With the multitude of bugs in this game, they pick THIS to complain about? It's a harmless bug that people enjoy (remember the mountains of gems we got from that other bug?) and it does not disrupt gameplay.

I'll readily admit to using cocoon on my ranger. It's been a great help and I've saved many lives (and thus exp and time) with it, including my own. All it really is is a speeding up of time. Why do I need to waste 40 seconds wand-curing or spamming cure light wounds on myself hiding behind a rock if I can just put cocoon on myself and go out bow-a-blazin?

I say this should be part of the new TRing system. Just give TR's the ability to use one or two tier 1 twists or something as they TR. That way you limit what people have while leveling but they can still come up with interesting things.

nay

make this WAI in my opinion.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

it's been what? a year and half? and really all they had to do is ... ... .. . ..... ...(cost 11,000 TP. i can learn something from tirdbines book of greed

year and a half..........

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I really don't understand why people are so upset over this. With the multitude of bugs in this game, they pick THIS to complain about? It's a harmless bug that people enjoy (remember the mountains of gems we got from that other bug?) and it does not disrupt .
    thats exactly the reason why some complain because it gives a bit of joy to some individuals.
    Being someone who tr'ed close to 20 times it gave me great joy to use natural shielding i think
    It was +augment summons+3 druid past lives to have hirelings that have

10 plus stats
    50% fort
    Evasion
    100hp
    60pr

Ive always been a big fan of summons and hirelings with those buffs they were beyond awesome
    You can solo quests with those kind of hirelings.. Ive finished elite quest with them while the whole
    Party long perished and wiped. But ofc i had to exchange feat at level 6 and it resetted my ed :*( and now rhey will fix it..

I didnt even wanna have it for my own power i just wanted hirelings that were good..i just wanted another dimension to the game.. I just wanted a summoner class we dont have those so i got 3 druid pl and augment summon but there was still things missing.the ed twist made them great if i cant have that can i have a class that focus purely on hirelings plz and dont you dare say druid ! I want a real summoner class !

It's a harmless bug that people enjoy (remember the mountains of gems we got from that other bug?) and it does not disrupt gameplay.
    I think people who constantly cry about the exploit fail to realize that it is currently keeping the pugging scene very active. Not only very active but a lot more likely to bring along pugs who cannot as easily keep themselves alive even when the party supposedly asks for everyone to bring their own healing. When Cocoon and other means of easy healing are no longer available I wouldn't be shocked if the party leaders stop being so carefree with who they invite.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-20-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

I really don't understand why people are so upset over this. With the multitude of bugs in this game, they pick THIS to complain about? It's a harmless bug that people enjoy (remember the mountains of gems we got from that other bug?) and it does not disrupt gameplay.
    its not just "this". we still do complain about other bugs in the game. there is a difference between using epic abilities on heroic characters in heroic quests and not using them on heroic characters in heroic quests. using them is vastly more powerful than should be intended to use in heroic content on heroic characters.

Community Member

I enjoy the ED and do no consider it an exploit. Not WAI, sure. TR grind is boring and ED spices things. You look at many other video games, you finish the game the first time and it unlocks bonuses and perks the second time you play it. I grinded for the ED, I see it as a perk to use an ED while tr where it's actually useful.

They should let us use 1 level 1 ED for tr by design.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast