Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Epic and Heroic Otto's Irresistable Box in Lamdaland Store

Epic Otto's Irresistible Box - 4995 TP

A jam-packed bundle that contains the following:
    1 Stone of Epic Experience (2 million XP)
    5 Superior Experience Elixirs
    5 Major Slayer Count Boosts
    5 Huge Jewels of Fortune
    5 Siberys Spirit Cakes
    3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes
    1 Complete Reincarnation Timer Reset
    Your choice of either a Red Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion or 65 Astral Shards.

Stone of Experience Information:
    - Grants two million XP to the user
    (Enough to completely fill an empty epic destiny)
    - Granted XP goes toward epic level, active epic destiny, and karma of active destiny’s sphere.
    - Can be used at any time during the epic level range (Level 20+).
    - The XP grant can be increased by using Experience Elixirs or acquiring other XP-boosting effects before using the stone.

IMPORTANT:
    - XP granted caps at epic level cap (Level 28), but if capped stillgoes to active epic destiny and destiny karma (up to their respectivecaps)
    - Minimum Level for Usage: 20
    - Only one Stone of Epic XP can be used per life. (All types of reincarnation reset this except for Lesser Reincarnation.)

NOTE: Otto's box and the Stone of Experience inside are tradable. The other items inside are not.

Heroic Otto's Irresistible Box - 4995 TP

A jam-packed bundle that contains the following:
    1 Stone of Heroic Experience (2 million XP)
    5 Superior Experience Elixirs
    5 Major Slayer Count Boosts
    5 Huge Jewels of Fortune
    5 Siberys Spirit Cakes
    3 Greater Siberys Spirit Cakes
    1 Complete Reincarnation Timer Reset
    Your choice of either a Cyan Gelatinous Cube Creature Companion or 65 Astral Shards.

Stone of Experience Information:
    - Grants two million XP to the user
    (Enough for most characters to reach level 20.)
    (Enough to take 3rd life+ characters from level 1 to 14 or from level 14 to 20.)
    - Can be used at any time during the heroic level range (Levels 1 to 19).
    - The XP grant can be increased by using Experience Elixirs or acquiring other XP-boosting effects before using the stone.

IMPORTANT:
    - XP granted caps at heroic level cap (the start of Level 20)
    - Maximum Level for Usage: 19
    - Only one Stone of Heroic XP can be used per life. (All types of reincarnation reset this except for Lesser Reincarnation.)

NOTE: Otto's box and the Stone of Experience inside are tradable. The other items inside are not.

Good lord, with the new XP curve the new Otto's will take you from 1 to 18 on a third life if you have voice, ship buff and a 50% pot. Not just 18; a third of the way from 18 to 20 with mere 235k left to go.

On a first or second life it takes you straight from 1 to 20. (The second life needs a pot to cap immediately, first life needs no buff at all.)

That's...impressive.

EDIT: I just realized that the epic stone essentially gets you a free off-destiny fully capped. So, let's see how it works for moneybags:

1) Roll up a brand new alt
    ....Heroic otto's to 20
    ....Epic otto's to max a destiny
    ....Buy heroic heart from store
    ....Heroic TR into 2nd life
    2) Buy xp pot
    ....Heroic otto's to 20
    ....Epic otto's to max a second destiny
    ....Use TR timer reset
    ....Heroic TR into 3rd life
    3) Buy xp pot
    ....Heroic otto's to 18

Now, an hour or so into your character's life you're 235k from cap on a legend build with 2 destinies capped without having set foot in either a quest or wilderness area.

Hooray, we can now buy our off destinies for $50 a pop. Everyone that wanted a way to level these up while in your main destiny, Turbine has listened. We should all be happy about this, right?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Too bad it will take 20 years to grind out a heart...oh wait we can buy those in the store too!
    Officer of Renowned

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

Now, an hour or so into your character's life you're 235k from cap on a legend build with 2 destinies capped without having set foot in either a quest or wilderness area.
    Is DDO pay2win yet?

/sarcasm
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I knew this was coming. I'm sure some will buy an off destiny stone from the store, but it doesn't make it any easier. I still won't reward for a failed system.

Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar

I thought original xp stones with motu were fine, get people ready for xpac, then it was ottos box, ok i thought a one off sale but no they just keep coming back, then the bigby's are introduced and now this

Hero

Good lord, with the new XP curve the new Otto's will take you from 1 to 18 on a third life if you have voice, ship buff and a 50% pot. Not just 18; a third of the way from 18 to 20 with mere 235k left to go.
    I wonder since these are "new" if they will work with XP boosters or not.

Turbine likes to reintroduce horrible concepts after having them fail originally (Bigby's boxes).

actually - TR3+ under old curve - with 5% guild, 50% pot, voice/mantle, and VIP ended up about 300K under 20 (from just over 8)

under new curve - well - that's will just about take a toon from 1 - 20 - even a TR3+.

thought I would just post them for information.

just as a fun comparison---

It would take about ~700 gold rolls (with average of 5,000 xp per roll) to be the same amount of xp - and that would be about 10,000 TP.

just saying. its been pay to win for a while... :P

will I use these? Yes every once in a while when I have points just lying around not being used for hearts of wood.

One query: Will existing boxes change to these or will they be grandfathered in?
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 10-19-2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Merged - and my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

merged.

Really the stones are tradeable again?

This just annoys me even more considering the issues with current stones.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-ongoing-saga

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I wonder since these are "new" if they will work with XP boosters or not.
    Says it right in the OP, for both stones, under the bolded "Can be used at any time" lines.

Hero

Indeed it does. Time to give my poor eyes a break. Thanks!

The old otto's xp stones were retroactively fixed. That retroactive fix was not to the benefit of players who had stones and wanted to help their tr group.

With these new stones and boxes, will the old otto's stones and boxes be retroactively fix to become the new ones? Since the new stones are tradeable and i assume Usable by others?

Or will it be a Oh sorry to bad as turbine's usual policy of if it hinders players Yea Change It! and if it Helps players 'No Its left. Refer TOS blah blah' Even for items we Actually have to pay for and Buy off the ddo store.

On a first or second life it takes you straight from 1 to 20. (The second life needs a pot to cap immediately, first life needs no buff at all.)

That's...impressive.

EDIT: I just realized that the epic stone essentially gets you a free off-destiny fully capped. So, let's see how it works for moneybags:

1) Roll up a brand new alt
    ....Heroic otto's to 20
    ....Epic otto's to max a destiny
    ....Heroic TR into 2nd life
    2) Buy xp pot
    ....Heroic otto's to 20
    ....Epic otto's to max a second destiny
    ....Use TR timer reset
    ....Heroic TR into 3rd life
    3) Buy xp pot
    ....Heroic otto's to 18

Yep these stones are a big pile of poo... I see a bundle coming 13 boxes for the price of 12 call in Completionist in a bottle.

say hello to the Newpletionist
    Last edited by Tanngiostr; 10-19-2013 at 05:03 PM.

This is laughable. The stones can be traded again, eh? I guess we'll see how many of these new boxes I buy based on whether or not I get to use the stones I currently have in my possession at all. I am at this moment waiting for a GM to come fix one of the stones for me.

GM wouldn't help me at all. So note to all who might think about purchasing these:

You drop $150 on boxes and open them to look at the pretties inside but don't use the stones yet because you want to save them for third lives on some of your other harder to level characters. then when the time come to use them "Sorry, you can't and that's WAI." Kiss your $150 goodbye.

Thanks for ripping me off Turbine! Much appreciated!

Lol.

Few questions:

1) Will the old and old old Ottos boxes be retroactively changed to the new ones?
    2) Will the old old Ottos Boxes still work with XP buffs?
    3) Will the Stones of Experience of Ottos Boxes usable at level 1 or do we need to be still level 8 to use them?

Btw, they are making a HUGE mistake (in terms of $$$) by letting only 1 Epic Stone of XP per life. People would buy 2-3 of them instantly cap for an Epic Past life when those will be avaible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Btw, they are making a HUGE mistake (in terms of $$$) by letting only 1 Epic Stone of XP per life. People would buy 2-3 of them instantly cap for an Epic Past life when those will be avaible.
    Clearly the devs just want us to run their new epic quests and kick old heroic content to the curb. I find it no coincidence at all that the stones let you skip ALL of your heroic life and only 1/3rd of your epic life. Not obvious at all, devs, really!

God forbid they actually design good content that we want to run because it's good.

I don't have time to play this game, but I haz teh monies! Give me more of this stuff.

Caution: This post is crafted by a mind which uses Irony and Sarcasm. It may contain traces of it.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 10-20-2013 at 03:39 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast