Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    interesting,but fighter ,gets least skill points to distribute,and has low Int, usually.So UMD adding would hurt balance,jump and stuff.I did do lesser TR to boost heal skill(I think that helped incoming a little)Fairly self sufficient;using barbarian regen and heal spring ,in twists.Just wanna be able to buy/or Trade collectables ,some sort of Heal Pot...they only do around 200 pts healing(I have a cove heal potion) ,if u area fighter anyway...Soveriegn potions are The Real Joke,and my Beef w DDO;Super xpensive ,and Quite rude considering a Cure Mod wdns is best a player can buy.Heal scrolls avail.,why not heal potions?
    Honestly, when heal scrolls were introduced, i don't think the devs imagined people who couldn't also cast the spell using them the way they do now. You can get cure serious wounds potions, not just cure moderate. Either from the guild vendor, or one of the vendors in house J.

There are also new healing elixirs, avalable from collectible turn ins. Those will require a lot of collectible farming though. They are better than the healing potions. They also have a fairly long cooldown on them.

There have been lots of threads about this. The way to look at it is, they need to make money somehow. The store potions were introduced as an extra. There have never been better than cure serious available in game.

The hirelings actually do work pretty well, once you know their limitations, and how to work with them. Also, they are not all the same quality or personality.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Yes, my issue isn't that it can't be done, only when people say it is easy.

I also tend not to count ship buffs. Some people might not have them available, some people might not want to keep them refreshed all the time, some people might die and lose them.

P.S. Also a +6 charisma item. At level 11, that would require an entire slot dedicated to it. I won't do that just for umd. Especially on a tr, i already have much better gear that i can't slot.

The bunny hat. Isn't that a store item? My guy has a spyglass, but he wouldn't be wearing that if he didn't also do traps.
    The bunny hat is a store item yes, that doesn't take up a slot at all.

If you say so, I never have trouble slotting +6 cha. And what's more important than self healing? I wear 2 GS items at level 11, a +6 con with a large guild slot (hp), +6 str ring, minos legens, belt of gfl, boots of the innocent (20% striders and +5 saves), which leaves me with a ring, gloves, and bracers. The glvoes and bracers vary, sometimes claw set, sometimes the shocking gloves and hasteguard bracers, sometimes spectral gloves or ethereal bracers...
    But really, with the new deadly items and seeker items, I find putting seeker or deadly on the gloves/bracers works better.

Which still leaves me with a ring - +3 UMD from the cha works well. Staying alive is better than doing a bit more damage.

I'm not saying casters don't have it easier, and most fighters without rogue splashes certainly can't do this. I'm not telling them to. I'm saying WITH a rogue splash, you'll have at least some of those bonuses, which can easily let you get near no fail around level 15.
    On a first life, much more buggered, you'll have to craft your own cha skills item.

And saying I shouldn't count ship buffs because not everyone has them is just as arbitrary as any other item on the list - in fact, I'd say the GS item, tome, and other things are far less common than a cha buff. Without guild decay many guilds easily have the +2 stat shrines by now.

there are WAY to many pots to list,but suffice to say, there enough different ones to fill 2 hotbars,i think. Being an older Dice player ;I pick pure fighter in all my D&D games ,for 1st toon.....He he most heal pots are in DDO store.Gee what a funny deal that is.How About Some buyable ,for platinum/or Cleric comms(Clerics have no heal to trade for?)Heal PotiONS TOO.Ashamed that DDO would Cheese such a basic fundamental.
    Well not sure what you are looking for out of potions. I know that SF pots can be a bit hard with the -10 to all stats (save con), but if you invest in some heal amp items can make CSW pots a decent if not better alternative to store pots (which I think are "meh" at best really).

While Potions are really not that great in DDO, if you don't mind crawling (which I don't like to do) they can be enough for most situations, I am not saying that is the solution, because it's not, but, till something better is done, it is what we have.

there are WAY to many pots to list,but suffice to say, there enough different ones to fill 2 hotbars,i think. Being an older Dice player ;I pick pure fighter in all my D&D games ,for 1st toon.....He he most heal pots are in DDO store.Gee what a funny deal that is.How About Some buyable ,for platinum/or Cleric comms(Clerics have no heal to trade for?)Heal PotiONS TOO.Ashamed that DDO would Cheese such a basic fundamental.
    42. There should be 42 different pots.

That is all.

Default 42 diff potions; and 35 of em are worthless at mid lvl or higher....

42 different Healin Potions ,wow insane in the brain....Pl lower silver flame pot to less favor..didnt even know about that one(I got 3000 favor last life and was way short on patron reqs)
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

Default Too many

There are way too many different types of healing pots. And, too many that is given as daily rewards. Makes me hate the daily reward system.

However, at least they had the common sense to reduce some of the different pots. Think I've only seen the level 15 heroism lately instead of all the different level versions...
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12