2014 DDO Players Council

Default Thread locations.

Obviously, feedback to the developers about Lamannia content belongs on the Lamannia forums, no argument.

However, general discussion, including of proposed changes, with the general population of DDO, who are not play-testing on Lamannia, rightfully belongs in the General Discussion forum.

Does it not?

If I'm mistaken about forum purposes and rules, please point me to the forum guidelines that prohibit such general discussions in the General Discussion forum, so I will know better where I should post such general discussion in the future. Thanks.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

I'm not against having them moved to the Lammania section, IF it was in a part that is open to everybody...

right now they are moved in the only part of the Lammania section that only the VIPs can see.

Really, instead of hiding the thread here Could you put them in Lammania News & Discussion ? that way everybody would be happy...
    you would get the Thread where you think they belong and we would be able to have the threads seen by everybody.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Obviously, this is done for damage control - so that the information is contained as much as possible. I will never believe that this was done on accident. I'm already seeing people asking "what's the deal? haven't heard of this".

The threads will continue to be moved, but do your part in spreading the info through guilds and in-game, to get a bigger impact.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    I'm not against having them moved to the Lammania section, IF it was in a part that is open to everybody...

right now they are moved in the only part of the Lammania section that only the VIPs can see.

Really, instead of hiding the thread here Could you put them in Lammania News & Discussion ? that way everybody would be happy...
    you would get the Thread where you think they belong and we would be able to have the threads seen by everybody.
    The lama forums shouldn't be VIP only... I will check the settings, as they *should* be visible to VIP, premium, and free accounts. One sec...

Checking should be easy :

On the left, with a F2P account
    On the right, with my main account

You can see that Lammania Discussion is missing from the list on the Left.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The lama forums shouldn't be VIP only... I will check the settings, as they *should* be visible to VIP, premium, and free accounts. One sec...
    I have to log out to view the Lama general forums. So it's slightly annoying having my threads moved their as I can no longer participate in the conversation.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Yup for some reason the free usergroup wasn't set properly for that particular section (I looked through the other Lama areas which all checked out fine). Fixed now, so free players should now be able to see and participate in that forum like normal.

Community Member

Excellant way of answering the second post in here and totally ignoring the 1st post, so either we have to presume 1 of 2 things from this

1. you have a policy of reading forum posts starting with the 2nd post so you never read the 1st post. or
    2. there is no forum guideline preventing people from posting threads about the upcoming proposed changes to the game to the general populace that doesnt read the lama forums. and your just moving them to hide said posts to a smaller less read area by the general public.

Yup for some reason the free usergroup wasn't set properly for that particular section (I looked through the other Lama areas which all checked out fine). Fixed now, so free players should now be able to see and participate in that forum like normal.
    Thanks.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Given the fact that region wasn't set correctly, perhaps you need to make a temp stickied post informing people of the change to wood, and give them a direct link so that they can post their opinions of it?

You would get more feedback in this manner having it also posted in General Discussion to inform people.

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Given the fact that region wasn't set correctly, perhaps you need to make a temp stickied post informing people of the change to wood, and give them a direct link so that they can post their opinions of it?

You would get more feedback in this manner having it also posted in General Discussion to inform people.
    Agreed on this.

The optics aren't good for moving these posts in the first place, and not just to those who like to wear tinfoil hats.

Just as the enhancements change was something that it was very good every player learned about well in advance, the proposed change to heroic TRs is something that every player should know about well in advance so they don't feel blindsided and so they can make their purchase plans accordingly.

I'm not certain you can say that DDO "wins" by letting people know well in advance that plans to scrap the old heroic TR system have been formulated. But, if you blindside the player population with this particular change, then it's difficult to see how DDO comes out better than if you were more up front about what you planned to do.
    Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney; 10-19-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Community Member ComfortablyNumb's Avatar

how long has the nda been removed? ... not telling guildies about upcoming changes was always fun!!!