Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Turbine: You've got some unrest here in the community. How about a response?

Turbine:

You've got some unrest here in the community. How about a response? There have been dozens of tame threads that address concerns with your new TR system. Might you please join us here in the forums, and address the many threads that we have floating about?

We'll even forgive you if you DON'T address all of the more hostile threads that you've already had to make disappear.

Thank you for your response, in advance.

"unrest"

You just made my night a little better. (Charonous made it a lot better.)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    "unrest"

You just made my night a little better. (Charonous made it a lot better.)
    Bom-chicka-wow-wow
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I don't think the last debacle of TR XP wiping had this much of a unanimous, "Ah hehllz naw" response. And that did get a response and change of direction. Not that I expect the same this time or am generally happy to know that yet again a proposed change demonstrates a lack of understanding of player priorities and third rails in this game. But its the weekend, Turbine devs generally take off from responding over the weekend. So I'll wait until then for someone at Turbine to give a response.

Turbine has room to tweak the numbers, do something to keep tokens relevant, and other things to make this system work (though hooray on yet another ingredient). But that tweak needs to happen hella fast and be pretty clear that they realize making TR hearts a cash grab is a no-go for the player community. Be content with having TRing a means of increasing content sells and XP pot sales, because forcing people to always buy hearts will kill those two when people just simply stop playing the game.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Bom-chicka-wow-wow
    Q: What are the sexiest barnyard animals?

A: Brown Chicken, Brown Cow!

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Community Member

Sometime Monday maybe.

Till then you just have the intern on weekend mod duty disappearing threads.

Give it until Monday, because Turbine is completely out of touch with their players our reaction probably caught them by complete surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Sometime Monday maybe.

Till then you just have the intern on weekend mod duty disappearing threads.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Hm.. If clicking on Charononus's name only has 2 options..

Did the big bad turbine finally get him?

Community Member

Hi

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Unfortunately the Devs are unlikely to respond until Monday, which is normal since they too have lives and weekends :P On the other hand why drop something so major on a Friday?

Anyways Civil conversation about the TR system

Honestly I'm fine with Epic HoW and Iconic TRs requiring that we run Epic Sagas because they both require Lvl 28, I really do hope the "17" commendations that are currently showing for Epic Hard is a mistake because some builds just don't work in Elite despite being really fun...Elite should be an option not a requirement (Cordovan mentioned something about "challenging ourselves" in response to the 17 comms complaint I assume he meant do it on elite.)

As for Heroic TR it should ALWAYS be some sort of Heroic content that allows you to get these as its used at Lvl 20, there's no reason to take it from the 12...my friend and I aren't super duper grinders...its takes us months to get to level 20 and would likely take us till the end of the year to get enough tokens to TR but now all those tokens we've gathered are being rendered useless (augments are easy to obtain from any collectable trader)

Leave it alone...leave Heroic TRs in the 12.

A cool idea to add (TR still in 12) following your idea is to add the ability for LR+0s to drop from heroic sagas or have the heroic sagas drop lesser commendation of valour which can be traded for an LR+0.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-19-2013 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Give it until Monday, because Turbine is completely out of touch with their players our reaction probably caught them by complete surprise.
    Nope. They announce these things on Fridays on purpose. They know what the response would be and they think the weekend will let people blow off steam so that by Monday we will have forgotten. They are wrong.

DONT DO IT TURBINE!

Well do reply but don't make the change

Folks make your voices heard!!!

Community Member

This isnt a democracy, your opinions will only be heard when Turbine wants to hear it. All these running around is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Unfortunately the Devs are unlikely to respond until Monday, which is normal since they too have lives and weekends :P On the other hand why drop something so major on a Friday?

Anyways Civil conversation about the TR system

Honestly I'm fine with Epic HoW and Iconic TRs requiring that we run Epic Sagas because they both require Lvl 28, I really do hope the "17" commendations that are currently showing for Epic Hard is a mistake because some builds just don't work in Elite despite being really fun...Elite should be an option not a requirement (Cordovan mentioned something about "challenging ourselves" in response to the 17 comms complaint I assume he meant do it on elite.)

As for Heroic TR it should ALWAYS be some sort of Heroic content that allows you to get these as its used at Lvl 20, there's no reason to take it from the 12...my friend and I aren't super duper grinders...its takes us months to get to level 20 and would likely take us till the end of the year to get enough tokens to TR but now all those tokens we've gathered are being rendered useless (augments are easy to obtain from any collectable trader)

Leave it alone...leave Heroic TRs in the 12.

A cool idea to add (TR still in 12) following your idea is to add the ability for LR+0s to drop from heroic sagas or have the heroic sagas drop lesser commendation of valour which can be traded for an LR+0.
    Actually, my running and posting the saga pic was a response to Cordovan saying to challenge yourself.

I was on Lamma yesterday, with Squeak (who's a really cool individual and not deserving of our ire and derision), and when asked about the vcomms and saga rewards, she didn't know. It was never communicated to her. She went and figured out which object to clone for vcomms so that's how we all found the 900/1150/2000 numbers. She either doesn't know which tool, or if there is a tool to check the saga info though. So, I'd imagine her shouting over the cube wall with "How much do they give?" got a response of "Depends. they scale based on difficulty and saga" and that became all anyone knew.

Squeak didn't know. Lord knows that they probably didn't tell Cordovan either. So the party line was just "Hey! It scales! La la la rainbows and butterflies" and it took someone actually going to find it to document it. The dev that coded it didn't chime in. The designer didn't chime in. The producer didn't chime in.

And this is Turbine's biggest problem. It's not that they're not communicating with us - they're not even communicating with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    all those tokens we've gathered are being rendered useless
    Would be nice if we could convert our old tokens to the new currency.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Would be nice if we could convert our old tokens to the new currency.
    If there was a means to do that, there'd be no reason to code the new currency.

Which, there's no substantial reason for anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    If there was a means to do that, there'd be no reason to code the new currency.

Which, there's no substantial reason for anyway.
    Tokens of the Twelve aren't enough any more. Turibine want everyone and everything to be focused on the Forgotten Realms, where the Twelve have no sway or lore. Any solution we suggest needs to fulfil a "feasible in Faedun" clause, or Turbine will likely reject it totally.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    Any solution we suggest needs to fulfil a "feasible in Faedun" clause, or Turbine will likely reject it totally.
    WotC will, I've heard, although I suspect WotC wont necessarily care that much about the name of the universal questing currency...hell, just go back to calling them Epic Dungeon Tokens again, if that's your only concern.

But yeah, if Epic Sagas just awarded 10/15/20/30 Tokens on completion, I think you'd accomplish the stated goal of making Sagas more valuable. Then just have Iconic and Epic TR hearts available from the Twelve for 30 Tokens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast