Community Member

Default Open letter to the developers who are still honest to the game

I know, there are developers who are still loving this game as much as we do. I know they are doing a lot to make DDO even better. But this is the time to step up guys... There are some "rotten" eggs among you, they are killing this game, killing your job as well!! Please, show us you are still on DDO's side, on our side, help the game and do anything you can do to get rid off those heartless, brainless members of your staff! Don't hide in the corner and ignore the problem, it's your problem as well! Help us, and if you need help with the process, I bet all of the players here will do anything they can to stop the madness some of you recently brought to the table.

Thank you!

A player who loves DDO.

What the hell. /signed.

It would be nice if they stopped locking/deleting posts and gave us a d@mn answer when we asked questions, and took our concerns to the table when meeting with 'management'.

Im a VIP, but I have no reason to stay a VIP. My 3rd lifers can open anything on Elite, and I have enough TP's to buy the latest Xpack. They need to prove that they want to make a game to play, and not an habit to pay.

If they really start money-grabbing then I'll just move on. I'll miss the game, but I sometimes miss real life friends who were no good for me.

c'mon devs, talk to us !
    Real join date: Update 7

Community Member

I can't really know what's going on over at Turbine. But I have enough of a business background to recognize the general feel for what we are seeing lately.

I think the Turbine folks are good people who really would like to give us a good product. Unfortunately, they're handcuffed by a lack of resources. It takes money to keep an enterprise like an MMO going, and given DDO's age and niche status, there's probably not a great deal being given to them to work with. There's also an unmistakable feel over the last year or so of a large corporation trying to milk what money it can from an aging product before it is completely unviable.

It's a common pattern in the business world where companies try to cut costs and increase revenues to keep something going as long as possible, but in the process they end up harming the product so that revenues just decrease even more. It's somewhat of a death spiral and it appears DDO is in one now. Which is a shame, because it has the potential to be something really great if it had a parent company behind it that believed in it and was willing to make the necessary investments.

It's starting to remind me a little bit of The Producers.
    Maybe Turbine hired Leo Bloom as their new accountant.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Meanwhile, at Turbine:

- If we were to assume you're a dishonest company...
    - Assume away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnjktXtXxfk
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Meanwhile, at Turbine:

- If we were to assume you're a dishonest company...
    - Assume away!

I prefer the remake. I also prefer Uma Thurman.

If you've got it, flaunt it!
    Real join date: Update 7

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yalinaa View Post
    I know, there are developers who are still loving this game as much as we do. I know they are doing a lot to make DDO even better.
    Name one, please?

If someone approves those silly ideas to go into development he does not love DDO.
    If someone works on those silly ideas, he does not love DDO.

It seems to me they're all on the same boat, named "Sinking Dungeons".
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Nice thought, but grunts can't do anything about their managers really.
    Unless they have some good dirt of they are in violation of their HR agreements.

And as a gaming company, expect many of such grunts to be contract employees which means they hold even less staying power. Or don't you remember Brecca?

BTW as you probably aren't in the business to know, in programming, this is very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    In my tinfoil hat moments, I've considered the same thing. Also have wondered if the new producers for DDO were secretly hired by other companies to destroy DDO from inside. Man, I'm a really paranoid person at times.
    There is no free lunch.