Community Member

Default Dear Turbine, lets players explain

Why are we angry. i know I am talking for a lot of players (And, ofc, not for all):

Short version:

There is no relevant end game as of now. I deeply believe that once you start expaning the game in wide, not lenght (adding more content, not adding more levels), there will be an endgame and I will actually enjoy playing on capp. Right now, there is very little reason because of few broken mechanisms and limited selection of worthwile content. Thus, TRing became our end game. And instead of agreeing to that situation and making it easier for us to TR and wait out the time that it will take you to make end game relevant, you decided to make it very, very much harder or paid service. In the situation where TR was reasonably "free" service for years, doing it in situation like this is... unwise and causes what you sees on the forums now.
    That is why people are so angry at you. Even i will, unfortunately, stop playing till next update if this goes live.

Long version:

Why is end game irelevant?
    A year and a half ago, you devaluated most of the epic gear we had that time. Its okay, that how MMOs work. Untill Shadowfell, we had certain amount of balance in game, that was okaish. End game was limited, but there were items, challenges and experience points we all wanted from many different packs.

That changed with Shadowfell.

You added 3 more levels, made our chars stronger via them. You changed random gen loot - its much, much more boring now, but in certain areas, it is also much, much more powerfull than named items. by changing the loot, you made it actually VERY easy to get the "end game gear" - random gen in teh right combination will eventually drop anywhere and since the repertoire of random gen effects became much, much smaller, its only a question of short time.

You Introduced Shadowfell, that many people, me included, arent very happy about. And with it, you introduced New Named items, that are.... garbage. I could you one of those items. One item that I would actually use from the entire expansion (easide from the guaranted sheltering ring) and I am a TR-holic, so I have a use for a lot of flavoured stuff. But not from Shadowfell.

So, why run it? For fun? Shadar-kai are not my idea of fun, they are pain in the back.
    For empowering my character via tomes? +3 tomes are reported to drop in EE stormhorns. I personally havent seen +4 book since Shadowfell went live. People are guessing there are no dropping (outside raids). And no one is reporting dropping any, as far as I know, outside of raid. Untill you fix this, there nothing to drop.
    So what else is to do on capp? Raid? With the release of the raider box, CITW will become ghosttown. That will leave us with FoT... and VoN. Rest of the raids is... rare now. With the raiding scene very quiet, no long term interesting quest loot and a challenge removed from most of pre-shadowfell quests via empowering us with 3 more levels and 3 more feats, what are suppossed to do in the end game?

Very little important gear, very little real challenge, very small raiding scene, there is really not much to do on capp.

So, we TR. And in situation like this, you decide to make it harder, much harder for us.
    That is why we are angry.

(Please, dont be nasty to Turbine here. There are lots of other threads now where you can do that. I did it there. I would like this one to stay)
    Last edited by viktorserak; 10-19-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    (Please, dont be nasty to Turbine here. There are lots of other threads now where you can do that. I did it there. I would like this one to stay)
    Well, Mommy's home now, disappearing many of those threads to the cornfield.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Indeed. Goodbye Charonous.

They never existed.

Still, when even you're like this, things are bad. (Chai/Thurd will tell us things will be okay, I'm sure.)

/Signed

Personally, I always had the gal to completionist eventually. I will perhaps reach my goal before U20. But...

How are we supposed to recommend the game in this state to anybody?
    How can I tell any friend "hey, look into this"?

- broken mechanica
    - lot of bugs
    - outdated graphics
    - p2w
    and now even more p2w...

How shall I recommend getting VIP and buying a subscription? You have to buy packs (named "expansions"), you have to pay for TR, you have to pay for XP, you have to pay for the shard AH... Well, I have a subscription, but with every single invention from the moneygrabbers at Turbine I get less in return. Why should I still pay for my subscription? For 10% better running speed any monk or barb can have?

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    It's taking a fair amount of self control for me not to sabotage my Adventure Pack Reviews thread. Most of that self control is based in the (perhaps naive) belief that they will come to their senses like they did with the "Hard to Kill" mechanic and wiping destiny xp on TR.

If they don't back away from this, I'll have a hard time recommending anyone spend any money on DDO, and that reviews thread is one big love letter to get new players to spend money on the game.

Community Member

/Signed

Personally, I always had the gal to completionist eventually. I will perhaps reach my goal before U20. But...

How can I tell any friend "hey, look into this"?

- broken mechanica
    - lot of bugs
    - outdated graphics
    - p2w
    and now even more p2w...

How shall I recommend getting VIP and buying a subscription? You have to buy packs (named "expansions"), you have to pay for TR, you have to pay for XP, you have to pay for the shard AH... Well, I have a subscription, but with every single invention from the moneygrabbers at Turbine I get less in return. Why should I still pay for my subscription? For 10% better running speed any monk or barb can have?
    Agreed. I have the collector verison of MotU and Shadowfell (I fell kinda bad because of the last one), I bought entire game content with TP points (90% of which I paid for) and I am definitelly willing to pay for the game I enjoy. But not like this. If you offer me some service for "reasonable" free and you keep that service for "reasonable" free for years and then take it away in the moment, where there is nothing else to do but using it... then I will stop playing. And I will stop buying more TP points. And you will earn no more cash from me. And we will be both unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Somehow I'm not banned ... wow.
    Yeah I saw your latest exploit thread during the 45 seconds or so it existed; I can't believe you aren't banned either.

Give it 90 minutes or so. I suspect that a forum monkey with no real power is moving the offending threads to a hidden area for sorting out later when the admins with real authority show up and get their morning coffee. I'd pay a nickel to be a fly on the wall at Turbine around 9am ET.

Community Member

Yeah I saw your latest exploit thread during the 45 seconds or so it existed; I can't believe you aren't banned either.

Give it 90 minutes or so. I suspect that a forum monkey with no real power is moving the offending threads to a hidden area for sorting out later when the admins with real authority show up and get their morning coffee. I'd pay a nickel to be a fly on the wall at Turbine around 9am ET.
    And he is gone. Goodby Charononus.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    And he is gone. Goodby Charononus.
    Well, it was to be expected, but...

Better for Turbine to take his criticisms ats what it was: The cry for help from a fan seeing his well liked DDO going down the tubes.

Community Member

Agreed. Funny thing is; so many threads have been made over time about these issues, and yet turbine thinks they can disregard players wishes and keep doing the same thing, despite dwindling numbers.

I'll be the first to say how much I enjoy this game. I've never been much a a gamer, and never played an MMO before DDO. None of them appealed to me. But this game really got me. I've been playing for a couple of years now. Thing is, I'm getting burned out on the standard quests. The novelty is largely worn off, and none of the new content interests me. Not even remotely. And there's not enough new content to run a character 1-20 without running all the same quests I've ran a dozen and a half times.
    Instead of making the same mistakes over and over again, I'd like to see an update that is based purely around fixing all known bugs, and adding some content between the lvl 9 - 16 range. Nothing drastic, and preferably not some major expansion I need to pay for. Just a few simple quests to break up the monotony.

I like this game, and want to keep playing it, but my DDO days are drawing to an end if Turbine continues down their current path.

Well, it was to be expected, but...

Better for Turbine to take his criticisms ats what it was: The cry for help from a fan seeing his well liked DDO going down the tubes.
    Oddly not yet, my posts just disappear very very rapidly

I'm wondering if it's automated or if I can make more work for someone. hmmm

lol

Hm..

You want to be perm banned?

Go on, brown nose turbine a bit, see if they'll let ya stay.
    I assure you, it'll make my day that much better if it works.

So far this your only post that hasn't been nuked. The "I'm still here" vaporized.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

I like this game. I play D'n'D since 2nd ed. I was really happy when I found Your game (DnD MMO!!!) and I had to wait two years to get a proper internet connection and when I got it the first game I downloaded was DDO.

I LOVE TR-ing. I could TR with GH in the new system but I won't. I just don't like those quests that much to run them hundred times and I don't want to level up to lvl 25-26 to be able to solo them (x100s) as I am in an off-peak timezone.

I planned to buy MOTU from my xmass bonus at DDO market but I'll hold on to that because it will suggest to You (Turbine of WB) that Your new TR scheme works (as a profit maker).

I give silly but fun challenges to myself: become completionist with a certain race or become completionist with playing pure classes. For this I need adventure packs, classes, races etc. from the DDO store. I need other things for convenience (ED, shared bank etc). I do not have too much money but I gladly spend it on a game I enjoy. I would be a VIP (and I want to) as soon as I can afford it.

But without TR (or with a TR system that is just a pain) the game will stop being fun for me as rerolling is not the same (even I could use the same name again, the 32 pts build not much worse then the 36pts build). So I will not spend money but swap to an other game instead.
    And it will not be Turbine or WB.
    Last edited by kanordog; 10-19-2013 at 07:20 AM.

*RAISES AN EYEBROW*

Well sir, it could get very interesting for you in the next couple of hours then!

Might have to find another ddo forum to vent on soon! Take a look around and I am sure you will be able to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    *RAISES AN EYEBROW*

Well sir, it could get very interesting for you in the next couple of hours then!

Might have to find another ddo forum to vent on soon! Take a look around and I am sure you will be able to find one.
    He may or may not've already posted on one.