Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

I'm wondering how many images of this scene might get submitted for screenshot of the week.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

I had a reaaaal good one with everyone wearing pumpkin head. But I swear people will just pass it off as a Halloween movement then...

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I'm wondering how many images of this scene might get submitted for screenshot of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    There is not one. At this point, players are showing nothing more then that we can and will 'stop' playing, consider this a final, real warning that next time, we will not be sitting at a bridge in Wayfinder, but at the loading screen of another game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    It may be found here.

Ok, mildly confusing reports but thats easy to excuse. So is Kierg10 the leader/one of the leaders of the protest? Their post is the official manifesto of the protesters?

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Ok, mildly confusing reports but thats easy to excuse. So is Kierg10 the leader/one of the leaders of the protest? Their post is the official manifesto of the protesters?
    I don't know that there is an official leader. We basically do not want Heroic TR changed from what it is, and that includes making it much harder to earn a Heart vs. buying one.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    this is serious business and he means it! now everyone get off the bridge and go spend your money on DDO like good little sheep!
    Ironic statement since I'm willing to bet you have spent more (time and money) on this game than I have. But you misunderstand, I agree with you. Turbine should not charge for anything. The entire game should be free. Their workers and developers should toil for the players enjoyment only with no thought of being paid for their work. Your grasp of how goods and services play a part in an economy is astounding so who am I to disagree. I wish you luck on your climb to 5,000 posts.

No. there exists no leader of the sit-in. There was an initiator (sure because it must have started with at least one player one time), but never was a "leader". The linked thread is just one of the many you'll find in the Lamannia Discussion forum.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

I'd love to call out the idiots in this thread by name. It'd be worth the infraction.

Unfortunately, it'd also get the thread shut down.
    I don't know if it's still going on, but I'd be willing to make a toon over there to protest. These new changes are ridiculous.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    I'd love to call out the idiots in this thread by name. It'd be worth the infraction.

I don't know if it's still going on, but I'd be willing to make a toon over there to protest. These new changes are ridiculous.
    Still going on. Welcome.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

The protest is still going strong on Wayfinder

Attackbeast, Jahon, Serana, Johanus, Vacha, Arcee, Callmebetty, Tanusha - Proud Officer of the Cult of Ryliegh - Khyber

Community Member

Indeed, some of them just really want to sit around and insult while the other is just really adamant on that we should just accept this change without blinking an eye.
    However, pay them no mind and they will go back to doing their own things. XD XD

I am still gobsmacked that these changes are even put on consideration. It is clear that TR is one of the most popular options for a character that hit level 20 -- smacking such a popular option without offering something of equal mechanism is just a really bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scope333 View Post
    Ironic statement since I'm willing to bet you have spent more (time and money) on this game than I have. But you misunderstand, I agree with you. Turbine should not charge for anything. The entire game should be free. Their workers and developers should toil for the players enjoyment only with no thought of being paid for their work. Your grasp of how goods and services play a part in an economy is astounding so who am I to disagree. I wish you luck on your climb to 5,000 posts.
    There's a difference between charging for something and basically forcing people to pay for something they USED TO be able to obtain for free in-game, with a moderate amount of effort.

I've probably spent close to $800 on this game, most of that coming in the last few months. I don't object to paying for things like Boxes or exp potions. They provide optional benefits that enhance your gameplay, but are not necessary to progress.

Hearts ARE necessary to TR. You MUST have them to TR. And they are changing it from requiring around 10 hours of work (a high estimate) to requiring over 100 hours of work (probably a low estimate, for the Epic Hearts), with the only alternative being to spend $15 in the DDO store. Do you not see what's wrong with that?

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

yet another potential alt account disagreeing to disagree and be obnoxious. nothing to see here, move along

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Well, I'm on Wayfinder. Some people have been here protesting for 13+ hours. If you disagree with the changes, come join us.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Hearts ARE necessary to TR. You MUST have them to TR. And they are changing it from requiring around 10 hours of work (a high estimate) to requiring over 100 hours of work (probably a low estimate, for the Epic Hearts), with the only alternative being to spend $15 in the DDO store. Do you not see what's wrong with that?
    Serious post here. I agree the change in hearts is unfair. That said, Turbine has to balance making money with keeping the player base satisfied otherwise the game ceases to exist. The problem is it seems a large majority (or a very vocal minority) seems to think the game exists to just provide them free stuff and gets up in arms anytime Turbine dares to try and make some money. I thoroughly enjoy/enjoyed the game. I find it boring now because the end game is tedious and I am done Tring. I was never an altaholic and basically just ran 2 toons. Have always been VIP, but other than the monthly $9.99, I never purchased anything else from Turbine. The 500 Tp a month along with the points I earned every TR life allowed me to buy most of what I wanted from the DDO store. I had no problem with the monthly subscription because I enjoyed playing. My problem with the game now is more about the boring endgame and terrible loot system.

My posts ridiculing the moronic protest are simply directed at those who are acting all serious while standing on a virtual bridge with virtual toons as if they are Rosa Parks. If their time is so trivial they can stand on a fake bridge with a fake toon doing nothing all day I truly pity them.

Serious post here. I agree the change in hearts is unfair. That said, Turbine has to balance making money with keeping the player base satisfied otherwise the game ceases to exist. The problem is it seems a large majority (or a very vocal minority) seems to think the game exists to just provide them free stuff and gets up in arms anytime Turbine dares to try and make some money. I thoroughly enjoy/enjoyed the game. I find it boring now because the end game is tedious and I am done Tring. I was never an altaholic and basically just ran 2 toons. Have always been VIP, but other than the monthly $9.99, I never purchased anything else from Turbine. The 500 Tp a month along with the points I earned every TR life allowed me to buy most of what I wanted from the DDO store. I had no problem with the monthly subscription because I enjoyed playing. My problem with the game now is more about the boring endgame and terrible loot system.

My posts ridiculing the moronic protest are simply directed at those who are acting all serious while standing on a virtual bridge with virtual toons as if they are Rosa Parks. If their time is so trivial they can stand on a fake bridge with a fake toon doing nothing all day I truly pity them.
    *Shrug*

I created a toon to stand there to show support, but I just minimized the game and am doing other things. Instead of protesting, most of the people who are ticked about this update will simply go to a different game after it goes live. Simple as that. The people who are "protesting" are doing so in last attempt to get through to Turbine, to keep them from ruining a hobby so many people enjoy.

I think most of us understand that Turbine needs to make money. Most of us merely question the need to invalidate what has come before to further finance the continued stagnation of the game's content. They are not asking us to pay for new things only. They want us to pay to redo what we have already done.

To me that's just going a bit too far.

I would note that hitting escape to bring up the exit menu, then minimizing stops the auto-logout-from-afk process, so I actually doubt there are quite so many folks there actively interacting with a toon that's doing nothing but standing in place.

Community Member

Default Insight Hopefully!

Hello! I'd like to clear a couple things if I can for you.

I started the Guild "Update Twenty Is Killing Me".
    I started this Guild about 9am Central time.
    As far as I know this was started with 3 people at 3am Central (?) time.
    Right now the Guild now has more than 75+ people.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    I think most of us understand that Turbine needs to make money. Most of us merely question the need to invalidate what has come before to further finance the continued stagnation of the game's content. They are not asking us to pay for new things only. They want us to pay to redo what we have already done.

To me that's just going a bit too far.
    Agreed. Monetizing new things is expected. Changing existing systems, making the in game free options less viable and promoting store sales is uncool.

This would be like removing all spell components from plat vendors and chests and forcing players to run 100 quests for a stack of bound to character components that previously could be bought unbound for plat. Or they can just buy omnispell components in the store. It's not that they are trying to make money off of omnispell components. This has been the case since they were introduced. The issue is that they are tinkering with the in game way to get them, almost forcing people to pay cash for spell components where plat did the job before.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast