Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 845
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    You do not have to pay ONE PENNY MORE to TR after this change.

    Run the Sagas.

    This protest is because people that are NOT VIP do not want to have to buy content to TR.

    You can be cheap or you can be lazy, but you can no longer be both.

    I think it is a great idea.
    it takes more then 50 saga completions on just to get the lowest heart

  2. #62
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownGrayeDD View Post
    Is it possible to be more clueless then you are right now?
    Then clue me in, professor....



    They are protesting being told they have to play the game to advance.

    They are protesting because you have to pay for things to get benefits.


    What is unreasonable about Turbine doing that?
    Last edited by uncleblue; 10-19-2013 at 12:39 PM.

  3. #63
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownGrayeDD View Post
    it takes more then 50 saga completions on just to get the lowest heart
    1. That number is subject to change, IT'S ON THE TEST SERVER.

    2. So what? You don't want to do 50 sagas? BUY a heart.

    3. TR is NOT REQUIRED.

  4. #64
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    You do not have to pay ONE PENNY MORE to TR after this change.

    Run the Sagas.

    This protest is because people that are NOT VIP do not want to have to buy content to TR.

    You can be cheap or you can be lazy, but you can no longer be both.

    I think it is a great idea.
    Well, clearly you are not reading my post. We do pay for subscription.

    Like I said, don't worry if grinding is your thing, you can do it all your life! I won't stop you, but I most definitely won't stick around for it. I don't have the time to do something I don't enjoy. And most definitely will not spend $15 extra ontop of my subscription for more gaming that can be done elsewhere for even better gameplay.

  5. #65
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    You do not have to pay ONE PENNY MORE to TR after this change.

    Run the Sagas.

    This protest is because people that are NOT VIP do not want to have to buy content to TR.

    You can be cheap or you can be lazy, but you can no longer be both.

    I think it is a great idea.
    Is this the player account of the dev whose idea this was? because you would literally be the only person who likes this change. More likely though, you are simply a clueless person that thinks they are the ess em are tee -est person around.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

  6. #66
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Then clue me in, professor....



    They are protesting being told they have to play the game to advance.

    They are protesting because you have to pay for things to get benefits.


    What is unreasonable about that?
    Going from ~40 quest completions to ~50 saga completions to Heroic TR is bad. Pay status is not relevant.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  7. #67
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxieDemon View Post
    Well, clearly you are not reading my post. We do pay for subscription.

    Like I said, don't worry if grinding is your thing, you can do it all your life! I won't stop you, but I most definitely won't stick around for it. I don't have the time to do something I don't enjoy. And most definitely will not spend $15 extra ontop of my subscription for more gaming that can be done elsewhere for even better gameplay.
    See... what you call "grinding", I call "playing the game".

    If you do not enjoy playing the game, what are you doing here in the first place?

    If you are VIP, save your TP and BUY the heart, with no grind required at all.

    It's like folks are intentionally ignoring the facts, just to make a scene.

  8. #68
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    1. That number is subject to change, IT'S ON THE TEST SERVER.

    2. So what? You don't want to do 50 sagas? BUY a heart.

    3. TR is NOT REQUIRED.
    You do realize that the majority of people paying for this game do not consider that an option? When no one is paying for the game anymore because of this decision, what will you do? What you do not realize is most of us are leaning towards the third option:
    1 grind your mind into mush for a heart
    2 pay cash for a heart
    3 stop playing DDO.

    People are canceling their subscriptions over this, so your idea that it is only F2P people mad about this, is just plain wrong.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

  9. #69
    Community Member MalkavianX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Not Eberron
    Posts
    567

    Default

    I'm all for a good old fashioned sit in, singing kumbiya (sp?) and passing around the peace pipe and what not. But why have it just on Wayfinder which is easily the lowest population server we have? If we'd want to have any kind of impact (ie get more people informed about what's going on) then there should be an "occupation" on each and every server. Having it just on Wayfinder is akin to putting out an inferno one glass of water at a time.

    For anyone who cares, I've been vip for 4-ish years and have yet to TR a single character. Even I think the change over is ridiculous to the extreme. But who knows? Maybe we're jumping the gun here. They could just be testing the waters and have every intention of making it more viable....

    LOL!!! I almost typed that with a straight face.... almost!

    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

  10. #70
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    See... what you call "grinding", I call "playing the game".

    If you do not enjoy playing the game, what are you doing here in the first place?

    If you are VIP, save your TP and BUY the heart, with no grind required at all.

    It's like folks are intentionally ignoring the facts, just to make a scene.
    You are so right. Why the hell should they worry about keeping most of their paying customers happy when they can make you happy...

  11. #71
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Then clue me in, professor....



    They are protesting being told they have to play the game to advance.

    They are protesting because you have to pay for things to get benefits.


    What is unreasonable about Turbine doing that?


    Gianthold saga includes 10 quests, at an average time of around 15 minutes (this is full zerg, Crucible kind of pushes that time limit up). To run it once is around 2 and a half hours. Now, you have to do it around 150 times. 375 hours to get a Heart....15 days of in game time playing gianthold quests. To get one fricken heart.

    Or, force us to spend 20 bucks to buy one, even those of us that pay for two accounts, spend about 7 bucks a week in points for fun stuff, and have bought each expansion around five or six times.....yeah, seems real fair.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  12. #72
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Going from ~40 quest completions to ~50 saga completions to Heroic TR is bad. Pay status is not relevant.
    Please explain to me why slowing down the TR train is bad.

    More variety of quests get run: good.

    Chance of failure occasionally: FUN = good.

    More people at cap, running quests for sagas for hearts: more endgame = good.

    People have to purchase packs to complete sagas to TR: more money for Turbine = good.

  13. #73
    Community Member Havok.cry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sarcasm Inc., Sarlona Branch
    Posts
    3,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    See... what you call "grinding", I call "playing the game".

    If you do not enjoy playing the game, what are you doing here in the first place?

    If you are VIP, save your TP and BUY the heart, with no grind required at all.

    It's like folks are intentionally ignoring the facts, just to make a scene.
    What you call "playing the game," I call "playing only a certain portion of epic content." That is not the game. TRing allows us to play the entirety of the game again and again. We aren't igoring facts, but you don't even seem to have a grasp of what the facts are.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

  14. #74
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    See... what you call "grinding", I call "playing the game".

    If you do not enjoy playing the game, what are you doing here in the first place?

    If you are VIP, save your TP and BUY the heart, with no grind required at all.

    It's like folks are intentionally ignoring the facts, just to make a scene.
    I find it really interesting you simply cannot grasp the concept of someone enjoying DDO by playing Eberron quests (because they are, in my opinion, the best designed quests), TR-ing when that's done, and experimenting with different character and class builds.

    And...

    DDO = Grinding?

    Wow. If I want to grind, I'd play a bazillion other Japanese/Korean MMORPG. This guy clearly don't know what grinding really means.

    But don't you worry, I completely get what makes you enjoy your game completely. And from the sad look of things -- you are in the minority. I hope you are used to playing solo if this update comes live!

  15. #75
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    You do realize that the majority of people paying for this game do not consider that an option? When no one is paying for the game anymore because of this decision, what will you do? What you do not realize is most of us are leaning towards the third option:
    1 grind your mind into mush for a heart
    2 pay cash for a heart
    3 stop playing DDO.

    People are canceling their subscriptions over this, so your idea that it is only F2P people mad about this, is just plain wrong.
    Yeah, cheap or lazy.

    Cancel VIP over this = lazy.

    They do not want to run the more difficult or long quests, because they might die and not feel as uber, possibly in front of others and feel embarrassed.

    You also forgot option 4: Play your video game to have fun.

    How is playing the quests in the game "grinding you mind to mush"? You will have to play a VARIETY of quests to complete sagas, iinstead of the current grind of very few quests with optimal speeds for tokens.

  16. #76
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    If we'd want to have any kind of impact (ie get more people informed about what's going on) then there should be an "occupation" on each and every server. Having it just on Wayfinder is akin to putting out an inferno one glass of water at a time.
    Doing this on Wayfinder is not a bad idea, because it won't bother players who don't join the sit-in (yes, there still are a few of them despite this event), because of nearly no lag issues. But feel free to start a sit-in on your preferred server too. The more people protest, the sooner an impact is probable, no matter on which server they do.

  17. #77
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Yeah, cheap or lazy.

    Cancel VIP over this = lazy.

    They do not want to run the more difficult or long quests, because they might die and not feel as uber, possibly in front of others and feel embarrassed.

    You also forgot option 4: Play your video game to have fun.

    How is playing the quests in the game "grinding you mind to mush"? You will have to play a VARIETY of quests to complete sagas, iinstead of the current grind of very few quests with optimal speeds for tokens.
    You are a special kind of special....

    I have 15 characters on my account and main server. I play them multiple times. I had even though about doing an Epic TR on one of my two mains once my other main hits cap (he is on his second life, and I never planned on TRing him again.). Now, with the previous system, I farmed out a heart of wood in a week. Now, it would take me the better part of a year, and I would get tired of it and want to play my other character's as well, which would lead me to the point of just not even bothering, as the reward isn't worth it.

    To some people, TRing is their endgame. It is what they do. Now, again, this change does not really affect me, as I have only TRed once, and I never planned on doing it again, but I did want to ER at least once. Yeah, I could spend 20 bucks to do it, but I would rather not, as I already spend so much on other things. Having that option there was nice. Taking it away is a stupid business decision.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  18. #78
    Community Member ycheese123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    You can be cheap or you can be lazy, but you can no longer be both.
    Challenge accepted.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

  19. #79
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Gianthold saga includes 10 quests, at an average time of around 15 minutes (this is full zerg, Crucible kind of pushes that time limit up). To run it once is around 2 and a half hours. Now, you have to do it around 150 times. 375 hours to get a Heart....15 days of in game time playing gianthold quests. To get one fricken heart.

    Or, force us to spend 20 bucks to buy one, even those of us that pay for two accounts, spend about 7 bucks a week in points for fun stuff, and have bought each expansion around five or six times.....yeah, seems real fair.
    Doesn't seem like an unreasonable amount of investment to me.

    2 1/2 hours seems like a silly low time investment to TR.

    You make it sound like you do not WANT to play GH. Don't you like GH? Weren't you going to play it anyways?

    Oh and nobody is FORCING you to do anything, because TR IS NOT REQUIRED FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN EGO.

  20. #80
    Community Member djl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    1. That number is subject to change, IT'S ON THE TEST SERVER.

    2. So what? You don't want to do 50 sagas? BUY a heart.

    3. TR is NOT REQUIRED.
    1) LAM IS NOT A BLOODY TEST SERVER. It's a "preview server." Normally, what makes it on Lam is what makes it to live. I'm sure that based off the backlash, they'll adjust it some, but it more-than-likely won't be enough.

    2) Oh, that's just great. If you don't want to spend WEEKS grinding out ONE heart, you're lazy. So just spend real money, instead! That's the perfect solution, said nobody ever. You really, honestly think that implementing such a blatant, forced cash-grab is going to encourage people (who are already disillusioned with the way Turbine has handled the game recently) to spend MORE money on this game? If you do, I've got a bridge to sell you.

    3) "X is not required" is the lamest strawman ever. NOTHING in this game is required. However, currently, there is NOTHING to do at Level 28. Have you gotten any toons to 28? The LFM panel is a barren wasteland, and the expansion quests are not terribly imaginative and offer horrible loot. And with the emphasis this update is putting on TRing, if you do not want to TR the only other option at the moment is to quit the game. Which, by the way, a significant amount of players will probably do if they don't reduce these numbers by AT LEAST 3/4.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload