Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I have school tomorrow... er, today. I leave my character to stand the watch with all of you.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Gah made a new char on wayfinder just to go have a looksy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Erm ........................I don't want to be a joy kill but.................any chance that the powers that be might misconstrue this? Hey this game is still going well, look at all the new log in's on wayfinder!!!!!

Anyway wish i could join in, be nice to protest in the marketplace in my starter rags .

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Erm ........................I don't want to be a joy kill but.................any chance that the powers that be might misconstrue this? Hey this game is still going well, look at all the new log in's on wayfinder!!!!!

Anyway wish i could join in, be nice to protest in the marketplace in my starter rags .
    They do read the forums. I believe they know whats going on but cant say, as much as some might want to.

Also the article at massively is going to draw their attention to it.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10...heart-changes/

Community Member

Default Big warning

Just wanted to get word out there that you need to be careful advertising occupy in game.

Rumor is there are bans, possibly perma-bans being handed out for advertising the movement in the Marketplace.

Figured we should make sure that this gets out. Having said that this is not firsthand knowledge, it's second hand as is I heard if from someone who says they knew someone.

Honestly I would NOT be all that surprised to hear that they were using the Trade channel or something and that was violating the terms of service, and it could easily be BS but on the off chance it's true I figured a heads up was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by AreYouWithMe View Post
    Just wanted to get word out there that you need to be careful advertising occupy in game.

Rumor is there are bans, possibly perma-bans being handed out for advertising the movement in the Marketplace.

Figured we should make sure that this gets out. Having said that this is not firsthand knowledge, it's second hand as is I heard if from someone who says they knew someone.

Honestly I would NOT be all that surprised to hear that they were using the Trade channel or something and that was violating the terms of service, and it could easily be BS but on the off chance it's true I figured a heads up was worth it.
    Oh nice. so now i can be persecuted for having an opinion.

Hmm. reminds me of a war i once heard about. One that was against persecution.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Oh nice. so now i can be persecuted for having an opinion.

Hmm. reminds me of a war i once heard about. One that was against persecution.
    Well, one person was booted from the game for having an LFM and refusing to take it down when prompted by GM.
    At first they thought it was a ban and logged in on an alt to complain, but later it turned out they could log in on their proper account right away (or it was a 5 minute ban).

Community Member

The one I heard about didn't use LFM panel, they were basically in the Marketplace letting everyone know thought the channel. More or less acting like a street crier.

Looks like the GM's are all over the place on this, probably because their business overlords aren't in until tomorrow so they don't have a clear direction on how to handle the situation.

The one I heard about didn't use LFM panel, they were basically in the Marketplace letting everyone know thought the channel. More or less acting like a street crier.

Looks like the GM's are all over the place on this, probably because their business overlords aren't in until tomorrow so they don't have a clear direction on how to handle the situation.
    Well I play on Thelanis and I went over to Wayfinder to join their guild. I will stay logged in from now till I wake up and if I get a ban (even 5 minutes) I will uninstall and go straight to get a copy of GTA 5. Not trying to make threats or sound hard, but this would be crazy to ban people who are doing nothing but standing up for what they think is right.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Awsome job!!!
    I wish i was on this weekend to see it myself, i'll check in after work!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Good morning, Bridge! Good to see so many there still, and the guild is now over 200 accounts
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Any publicity is good publicity. Knowing Turbine they will just readjust the number of commendations needed for heart or up the commendation rate. In the following wave of relief and feelgood the fact that epic tokens will be phased it out is completely forgotten. Afterwards, there will be a heartwarming article on Massively praising ******** for their open ears and attentiveness.

While I support those protesting on Wayfinder, I'm too cynical to join in. This screams of Turbine sneaking in unpopular policies by first scaling it too far.

You think Turbine was never going to change the commendation rate/turn-in?
    You think Turbine actually cares about player opinion? Just look at the lack of dev response on lamania.

If they actually introduced a fair token to commendation mechanic or another use for dungeon tokens I will eat my words gladly.
    Shammrock
    Roshammbo
    Many, many mules...

G'night Bridge Folks.

Great to see more of us now, at the end of the day, then there were at the start of it.

And don't forget - Trivia on the Bridge: Round 2 tomorrow night at 8:00pm EST!

Quote Originally Posted by kazeikan View Post
    Any publicity is good publicity. Knowing Turbine they will just readjust the number of commendations needed for heart or up the commendation rate. In the following wave of relief and feelgood the fact that epic tokens will be phased it out is completely forgotten. Afterwards, there will be a heartwarming article on Massively praising ******** for their open ears and attentiveness.

While I support those protesting on Wayfinder, I'm too cynical to join in. This screams of Turbine sneaking in unpopular policies by first scaling it too far.

You think Turbine was never going to change the commendation rate/turn-in?
    You think Turbine actually cares about player opinion? Just look at the lack of dev response on lamania.

If they actually introduced a fair token to commendation mechanic or another use for dungeon tokens I will eat my words gladly.
    Wouldn't matter how much they adjusted comm turn-ins if the comms remain BtC.

People would still be enraged. It's not just about numbers.
    .:Sarlona - ELH:. Inamorata (TR11 Completionist WIP) / Groundloop (TR2) / Signalmixer (TR) / Serraphiia (TR)
    Angelorum (TR) / Darqchylde / Aetherielle / Rashree / Colordepth / Wintremoon / Tarrynn
    Amarizi / Genozid / Arising / Tenpercenter / Ellixia / Zecele / Harika / Lainiel / Zephale

I apologise for not actually rolling a toon in Wayfinder and participating in this RALLY over the weekend

I would like to express my thanks to all that did and want to say I would add my voice and subscription to the voice of the masses

Turbine please provide an official release at your earliest convenience

Thanks

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

@Kazeikan: I very much fear you are right. But I'm still standing on the bridge, so they can't say they stick to their course because nobody objected. At least we'll have tried.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    G'night Bridge Folks.

Great to see more of us now, at the end of the day, then there were at the start of it.

And don't forget - Trivia on the Bridge: Round 2 tomorrow night at 8:00pm EST!
    hey theres me. nosagas to get a heart

At work now - bah wish I could join yas!

Power to the People!!!! ... and elves and dwarves and half orcs and drow and half elves and BEARS!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lwfloranzo26 View Post
    Why? Because there's a reason they were made earnable by the original developers, and should be kept that way.
    Please state this reason oh wise one. Maybe provide a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10...heart-changes/

Looks like it starting to hit some of the gaming media, can't hurt get soem attention from Turbine. Not convinced it will help but it sure cant' hurt.
    Grats to the players on good thinking for contacting the media before I even had that idea Brief article but very to the point - and heck, if we don't get a good response, I'll be trying to get others to feature Occupy Stormreach as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    Yeah, it's still growing. "Doing nothing" takes quite a time to get noticed by the busy But little strokes fell big oaks. The united staying power is amazing and once more shows the quality of the DDO community. And thanks to the article on massively our protest already starts to get spread around a bit outside in the gaming world. It will also take some more time to get more attention out there, but it certainly is good for us and especially good for the game.
    Actually, surprisingly, many people still don't know about the issue (or didn't as of yesterday). Many also know about the issue but not about the Wayfinder sit-in.

That's why it's useful to go to populated common areas like Marketplace or Eveningstar on other servers and spread the information in /advice or general zone chat. 5 minutes to explain the issue and promote the sit-in could gain a few more supporters.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast