Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default Sit-in / Sitzstreik

    With the upcoming U20 Update, true druidic hearts of wood for TR shall be obtainable ingame only by doing sagas or be purchaseable in the ddo store. No challenges, no epic quests anymore. We have to offer resistance: If you don't do token quests to bunker hearts, do nothing, just sit in Korthos Village/ the Marketplace / Harbor / Eveningstar to show your anger. Explain to and invite other players to join.

    ---

    Mit dem U20 Patch ist geplant, das TR Herz nur noch über Sagas oder den Shop zugänglich zu machen. Das ist ungeheuerlich und wir müssen Widerstand leisten! Wenn ihr gerade keine Token Quests macht, setzt euch in Korthos, am Marktplatz, im Hafen oder in Eveningstar irgendwo hin, um damit eurem Widerstand Ausdruck zu verleihen. Erklärt es anderen Spielern und ladet sie ein, sich euch anzuschließen.

    Quelle/Source: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...art-from-store

    Doing nothing in an MMO is the most valuable thing we players can do to show the devs that we do not agree, because doing nothing is the exact opposite af the MMO-concept.
    /
    Nichts zu tun ist für uns als Spieler das beste Argument, um den Entwicklern zu zeigen, dass wir gegenteiliger Auffassung sind, denn in einem MMO nichts zu tun bedeutet das gesamte MMO Konzept ad absurdum zu führen.

    Quitting is not a good option to tell a different opinion, because quitters are away.
    /
    Das Abo zu kündigen oder einfach aufhören ist nicht das richtige Signal. Jede gegenteilige Meinung fehlt im Spiel und im Feedback. Ingame Streik ist angesagt!

    Fight back!
    Wi-der-stand!

    Edit: on Wayfinder it already started. Which Server next?
    Last edited by Lanhelin; 10-19-2013 at 12:46 AM.

  2. #2
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    How does this hurt turbines bottom line with money or how does it show a decrease in log ons to show that people are leaving. It has zero chance to be noticed by the powers that be and effecting things. Real sit ins disrupt day to day operations of a location and get their notice that way.

  3. #3
    Community Member DeKalbSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    174

    Default

    wouldn't it be more effective to not log on at all?
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

    Guild - Orien's Rejects

  4. #4
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    wouldn't it be more effective to not log on at all?
    yup just about anything would be more effective that log in and just sit there.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    wouldn't it be more effective to not log on at all?
    What he said.

    Nothing is more effective than not logging on...and if you don't have the willpower to do that, well, your objections are meaningless and full of hot air.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    How does this hurt turbines bottom line with money or how does it show a decrease in log ons to show that people are leaving. It has zero chance to be noticed by the powers that be and effecting things. Real sit ins disrupt day to day operations of a location and get their notice that way.
    Completely wrong. Sit-ins show players who are unhappy. Quitters don't show anything, they're just away and out of sight. Statistically it's lesser money but no opinion about anything. It won't change anything, because of lesser quantity not quality. The real resistance is a viewable one, a quality one. It's not breaking Turbine's daily economics - but in longer distance it has an impact. Don't think in daily term, think about months and years. Will I be more likely to try a new MMO because of this bs idea regarding TR hearts making me less addicted to DDO, or will I stay and softly eat what the devs are prepairing for me?

  7. #7
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Might I add something to this too: If anybody against this U20 Druidic Hearth prices would roll up a toon on wayfinder and sit in the marketplace, this would be a sign.

    1.) Less population on other servers.
    2.) Peak population on Wayfinder.
    3.) No money for the moneygrabbers at Turbine during this time.
    4.) Nice screenshot to post in the forum, with a really full bridge over the market place on the 5th market instance ^^.

    I think this would get understood even by the MBAs cracking their whips over the devs.

  8. #8
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    Completely wrong. Sit-ins show players who are unhappy. Quitters don't show anything, they're just away and out of sight. Statistically it's lesser money but no opinion about anything. It won't change anything, because of lesser quantity not quality. The real resistance is a viewable one, a quality one. It's not breaking Turbine's daily economics - but in longer distance it has an impact. Don't think in daily term, think about months and years. Will I be more likely to try a new MMO because of this bs idea regarding TR hearts making me less addicted to DDO, or will I stay and softly eat what the devs are prepairing for me?
    If it isn't shown thru a log in metric or cash inflow metric it will not matter one bit to Turbine execs, they only listen when you hurt them.

  9. #9

    Default

    I'm in with new toon:

    UpdateTwenty Is Bad News

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    If it isn't shown thru a log in metric or cash inflow metric it will not matter one bit to Turbine execs, they only listen when you hurt them.
    No. It's a capitalism mythe that it works that way. But it doesn't.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    I'm in with new toon:

    UpdateTwenty Is Bad News
    You're welcome (me=Erz). Join us on the bridge between Bank and Ingredients Traders.

  12. #12
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    No. It's a capitalism mythe that it works that way. But it doesn't.
    That's not a myth it's the way the world works greed is good and only things that hurt the bottom line get changed.

  13. #13
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    No. It's a capitalism mythe that it works that way. But it doesn't.
    Actually, hurting a company by drying up their turnover is a possible way. And your sit-in might be changed into exactly this.

    But this would need to really get as many people to join your sit-in on wayfinder as possible.

    See my reasons above.
    Last edited by Nestroy; 10-19-2013 at 01:12 AM.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    That's not a myth it's the way the world works greed is good and only things that hurt the bottom line get changed.
    No. Remember the ash cloud few months ago? Airplanes had to stop, Trains had to stop, it was a break by nature enforcement. Sure the statistics told us what billion deficits this cloud caused, but it had no impact on every day business.

    So quitting or not logging in is nothing more than a virtual ash cloud for Turbine with maybe hypothetical and statistical effects, but no real effects.

    Logging in and demonstrating the opposite opinion is the only way to make devs change in mind. Join the sit-in, fight back!

  15. #15
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    No. Remember the ash cloud few months ago? Airplanes had to stop, Trains had to stop, it was a break by nature enforcement. Sure the statistics told us what billion deficits this cloud caused, but it had no impact on every day business.

    So quitting or not logging in is nothing more than a virtual ash cloud for Turbine with maybe hypothetical and statistical effects, but no real effects.

    Logging in and demonstrating the opposite opinion is the only way to make devs change in mind. Join the sit-in, fight back!
    What in the world are you talking about with an ash cloud?

    Ok disregarding the specifics of whatever you are talking about. Natural disasters aren't human protests. Natural disasters function completely differently. If you want to get a company to change the only language they hear is money. For myself I'm downloading rift at the moment to try that. I'm speaking with my wallet.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    What in the world are you talking about with an ash cloud?

    Ok disregarding the specifics of whatever you are talking about. Natural disasters aren't human protests. Natural disasters function completely differently. If you want to get a company to change the only language they hear is money. For myself I'm downloading rift at the moment to try that. I'm speaking with my wallet.
    It's all a virtual disaster. For statistics, balance sheets and so on. You cannot measure Quality, you can only measure Quantity. But there is no Quantity in the reasons why we decide this or that. It's Quality what's all about. And logging in and saying NO by joining a Sit-in is a quality, nothing to measure here. On the other side, players who quit or do not log on, can be measured. Nice, you get a nice number. But this number doesn't tell you anything about why they quit or don't log in anymore. But these are the major motives for an MMO company to control or exert influence on: why should I login? Because the game is fun, there are challenges, I want to try out new classes, I like my guild mates, and so on. All these are quality factors. So a complaint on changing a quality factor is much more interesting to them, than cold numbers.

    And that's why you should join the Sit-in on your server and fight back.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    The sit-in is going on. Feel free to join us on Marketplace, bridge or start another one on your server. What is a day? Sitting on a bridge one day is nothing - except a huge ash cloud for Turbine^^

    Fight back. Join the sit-in.

  18. #18
    Community Member TDarkchylde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    KCMO
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Sounds like fun, I'm in. Always up for a protest.
    .:Sarlona - ELH:. Inamorata (TR11 Completionist WIP) / Groundloop (TR2) / Signalmixer (TR) / Serraphiia (TR)
    Angelorum (TR) / Darqchylde / Aetherielle / Rashree / Colordepth / Wintremoon / Tarrynn
    Amarizi / Genozid / Arising / Tenpercenter / Ellixia / Zecele / Harika / Lainiel / Zephale

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Currently there are about 10 players sitting on the bridge, doing nothing but protest. This is about 10% of Wayfinder's total population. You can't ignore that, Turbine :P

  20. #20
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Well, at least this sit-in on the Bridge between market tent and bank leaves me plenty of time (and money, Turbine!) to ponder what to do after canceling the VIP subsription and stop playing DDO.

    + I already signed up for the ESO beta.
    + I already did my pretests for my next courses.

    On the other hand, it also left me with pondering how the devs and their bosses in marketing could make DDO a better place.
    + Making TRing cheaper - 500 TP or 450 TP - this would go a long way for people to invest small money instead of grinding. They would invest the money and run their favored content on levels 1-20.
    + Re-setting the borderline insane level of 900 heroic recommendations to somewhat in the 150 - 200 range. Still a grind, but this wouldbe doable with 10 - 15 sagas.
    + reworking something to make subscriptions worthwile (to subscribe or retain). Like a free TR / months or something like that.

    Well, so muth time to think. Finally... *Sigh*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload