Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Are they just cancelling their subs but remaining f2p, leaving game altogether but still haunting the forums, or leaving the game and forums?
    As with all good Pitchforkdiplomacy a good reaction (IE scrapping the Heroic heart changes) can make up a little goodwill. But if they choose to go with this no matter what we players want, then bye bye forums/game. I feel no need to spend time trolling gameforums for a hopeless game developer. Like I said...."Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". And I personaly will be done with DDO forever. I dont accept being treated like a walking wallet they can stick their hand in when they feel like it.

"Whats the difference between Turbine and a pickpocket? The pickpocket picks your pocket from behind". The Coin Lords comes off like charity compared to Turbine.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Eerily quiet from the devs who are supposed to be "reviewing our feedback", which is why these threads were *allegedly* moved here.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Where did you get the idea that I approve of the change?

The change is stupid and ridiculous, BUT it's not on the live servers yet, and the reactions are over the top.
    Are the reactions over the top? People always say "if you don't like it leave" so people are cancelling their subs.

Seems reasonable to me.

The change is stupid and ridiculous, BUT it's not on the live servers yet, and the reactions are over the top.
    So you'd rather the reactions wait to raise hell until after the change is on the live servers?
    Because I'm sure that will go quite well.
    Poor Tolero wouldn't even be able to bury the threads in the Lama forums.

No, regardless if the reactions are over the top or not, I think they're best now and not when the entire community can experience the failure.

Reality: Turbine ONLY responds to torches and pitchforks.

They will only change things if we convince them this will affect the bottom line.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Reality: Turbine ONLY responds to torches and pitchforks.

They will only change things if we convince them this will affect the bottom line.
    I just joined the Wayfinder protest and theres quite a few of us here. name is Saynoto Utwenty. the more people that show up, the more it affects ther bottom line.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Where did you get the idea that I approve of the change?

Many good points have been made why it's a bad idea. The math speaks for itself. One of the reasons they let us preview changes on Lammania is for feedback. The devs will change it.

I'm just amazed at the pathetic TONE of the addicts on these boards.
    If you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, it will of course frantically try to clamber out. But if you place it gently in a pot of tepid water and turn the heat on low, it will float there quite placidly. As the water gradually heats up, the frog will sink into a tranquil stupor, exactly like one of us in a hot bath, and before long, with a smile on its face, it will unresistingly allow itself to be boiled to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Are they just cancelling their subs but remaining f2p, leaving game altogether but still haunting the forums, or leaving the game and forums?
    They probably log in to say 'hi' to friends, click daily dice, say 'bye' to friends and log out.
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    If you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, it will of course frantically try to clamber out. But if you place it gently in a pot of tepid water and turn the heat on low, it will float there quite placidly. As the water gradually heats up, the frog will sink into a tranquil stupor, exactly like one of us in a hot bath, and before long, with a smile on its face, it will unresistingly allow itself to be boiled to death.
    While an evocative image, this is not factually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    While an evocative image, this is not factually true.
    The story about frog is equally true as story about good turbine fixing something based on lama feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I prefer my frogs deep-fried.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I can't even begin to explain the disapointment I feel in Turbine with this... Whatever you want to call this.
    Not that I like to side with Turbine any more than I have to, but you are basically putting nothing into the development of this game. Thus you have no reason to be disappointed let alone have an excuse to complain. Be happy with what Turbine is allowing you to do because they could as easily cut the game off to you and lose nothing for it.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-19-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Disappointment? Not that I like to side with Turbine any more than I have to but you are getting this game almost entirely for free. You have no reason for complaint let alone disappointment. Be happy with what you have. Remember that at the end of the day, you are putting absolutely nothing into the development of this game.
    Unless you know how much an individual is actually spending in this game, I think it's beyond stupid to blanket a statement that someone (whether an individual or a group of people) are "getting this game almost entirely free".

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Unless you know how much an individual is actually spending in this game, I think it's beyond stupid to blanket a statement that someone (whether an individual or a group of people) are "getting this game almost entirely free".
    You may wish to read the entirety of his post. It very clearly states that he does not buy TP but farms it. He is getting this game almost entirely for free. I would not have commented the way I did otherwise.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-19-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    If they remain BTC then no amount of price lowering will get me to put down my pitchfork.
    +1

Stoner81.

One of the reasons they let us preview changes on Lammania is for feedback. The devs will change it.
    What experience are you basing THAT on? Some changes have been made in the past when the discussion is pre-Lamma. Pretty much everytime we've seen a system hit Lamma, that's what goes live regardless of rage, petitions, threats of cancellation, bugs, exploits, whatever. Lamma = Live 99 times out of 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    What experience are you basing THAT on? Some changes have been made in the past when the discussion is pre-Lamma. Pretty much everytime we've seen a system hit Lamma, that's what goes live regardless of rage, petitions, threats of cancellation, bugs, exploits, whatever. Lamma = Live 99 times out of 100.
    80 out of 100... And when the outcry is this widespread... the change has been made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

80 out of 100... And when the outcry is this widespread... the change has been made.
    Name one example.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

If they remain BTC then no amount of price lowering will get me to put down my pitchfork.
    I agree that the BTC nature of the proposed system is a huge stumbling block, not just the huge grind increase.
    Last edited by Dandonk; 10-20-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Community Member

Name one example.
    Increasing XP in quests before they go live.

Making better Capstones during the Enhancement review.

Improving the Paladins trees, such as truly merging KOTC and HOTD.

Improving any of the named gear in Shadowfell before hitting live.

Did I mention making the Shadowfell armor into something people will actually, um, use?

...Oh, you wanted examples where at least 80% of the feedback agreed that things needed to be changed and the Devs actually did the change. I won't say I'm drawing a blank, but the examples that people keep giving are the same five examples that are stretched across several years of the game's lifespan.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast