Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    seriously? eff that. all set with TRing than.
    More like all set with DDO then

Quote Originally Posted by Substitutename View Post
    I don't understand how people with, What I would presume to be adult level IQs, Could even come up with such a hilariously ******** idea. I've been disappointed so many times over the past few years in this game each time, lowering my expectations of turbine. And yet, somehow they find a way to exceed my expectations of terrible quality and poor decisions every single time.

Find the man who suggested this change and can him immediately.

This info needs to be spread around the player-base so we can get enough negative feedback to douse this tragedy before it ever touches live.

And in all seriousness, turbine should write a public apology for even APPEARING to entertain the idea.
    Never gets anywhere - you should have seen the negativity around the random loot in beta and look where we are now with that mess. They aren't interested in feedback whatsoever, they only let on about it. They answer the easy, safe questions and ignore the passionate, eyebrow-raising ones.

To me, it seems like there's one person making all the decisions at Turbine, and it's someone that golfs every other day and writes in notebooks and types up charts (case in point: never played a video game in their life, because that last several updates go COMPLETELY against what a good game and logic should entail).

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Here's a good picture of a EH Underdark Saga completion on Lama..17 Comms.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5137693
    lol . . . saga needs to be done 170 times to get a heart.

Pay2win babay!

This is a very bad idea, Turbine. Consider this post my staunch opposition to the plans you have for the new TR system. Specifically, the True Druidic Hearts of Wood, and purchasing them via Epic Tokens.

Please do not go through with your current plans. If you do, I think that you will be driving your casual, completionist-pursuing players will disappear.

Will you read my post? Will you care. Probably not.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    lol . . . saga needs to be done 170 times to get a heart.

Pay2win babay!
    Turbine is making a move for your trolling crown. Step it up man, this is YOUR territory!

And even though they aren't trying (well, they probably are), they are trolling the H-E-double L outta us.

One of the main reasons i keep coming back to DDO over the years has been the TR system. I absolutely LOVE the idea of being able to have all my gear and accomplishments saved to one character, while being able to also play every class. Experiencing the content in new ways while not losing all my hard earned work.

I've often returned to DDO and subbed VIP for a month or two just to run through a life. Getting the heart of wood to do this has always been a little bit of work, a little bit of grind. But no so much that it gets tiresome or annoying. I also have my choice of ways to do it: grind out house C challenges, or run epics. I often do a mix of both.

But being forced into spefically repeating the same sagas 50+ times? That's just silly, and is likely to actually drive long time players like me away from the game for good.

Unless there's something else coming along with this system of TRing in U20 - such as epic sagas for 75% or more of existing heroic content - I don't see myself continuing to play, or pay, for anything DDO related again.

Removing true hearts from the 12 is a game killer regardless how they adjust the values for sagas. It utterly destroys eberron content, which in turn destroys the game. Here's a hint, devs: DDO can NOT stand on its FR content. Take away eberron epics and you're left with a crappy game that isn't worth playing.

Fight back! We'll do a sit-in and invite other players to join us in Korthos Village / Marketplace / Harbor / Eveningstar. Wayfinder will offer resistance.

Because doing nothing is the exact opposite to the MMO concept u know :-)

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

So the tokens/fragments my friend and I spent months farming but haven't quite obtained enough to get a True Heart are now practically useless (I can get augments just fine with normal collectables...so tokens are now considered norma, not special in any way collectables)

To clarify the only issue I have is HEROIC TR requiring Epic content to be played...ITR and Epic True Hearts make sense since their well Lvl 28 required...making Heroic TR, something done by Lvl 20s require epic content is ridiculous especially since their BTC.

In short leave HEROIC LR/TR in the twelve (yes i mean add LR+0s) and put Iconic TR/Epic HoW in the sagas. Heroic stuff belong in heroic content, epic stuff belongs in epic content.

Random THought: Maybe this is just another instance of Turbine cutting ties with Eberron...sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    Fight back! We'll do a sit-in and invite other players to join us in Korthos Village / Marketplace / Harbor / Eveningstar. Wayfinder will offer resistance.

Because doing nothing is the exact opposite to the MMO concept u know :-)
    So.. If the whole population of wayfinder goes to the marketplace..

You might get a second instance?

We are the 99%! And in this case it's more obvious than anywhere: 99% players - 1% devs.

Fight back! Wi-der-stand!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post

xD maybe. but it's the symbol that counts :P
    And no other guilds/servers have stated their solidarity so far.

Edit:

/joinchannel Wayfinder - the official strike channel. (manual entry: do not join channel Wayfinder if you actually aren't on the Server Wayfinder^^)
    Last edited by Lanhelin; 10-19-2013 at 12:37 AM.

The sit-in on Wayfinder already started. Feel free to join and fight back!

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    The sit-in on Wayfinder already started. Feel free to join and fight back!
    6 toons!
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    It's both. The lack of people running epic content bothers the developers, it's been stated several times.

With that said isn't there a heroic saga or two and won't we have more?

The solution to the epic content is "easy" make it fun to play. That is make epic content epic instead of boring hackfest aka "Rats with 20 000 hitpoints are not epic, they are just stupid". The new quests almost universally suffer from the stupid million trash monsters that have way too many hitpoints each to be just a chore, but a challenge.

And the heroic sagas do not give Commendations of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    you understand it will take more then 20 run to get 20 token right? unless you have friend with you..

p.s. how you know it is not 100% list on reward?

Currently you can run about 30-60 any eberron epic quests on any character to get tokens for a heart. In the new system you need to run very specific maybe 500-600 quests on the TR character to get it. Having to run 500+ quests and including every quest in a saga way too many times kind of makes it not possible to do it.

As example if you run the end of eberron saga on hard level you need to run it about 53 times to get the 900 needed commendations, that will earn you more than 10 million xp and thus you need to be way past level 28 to do it. That is a total of 583 quests.

Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    More like all set with DDO then
    Well, yes eventually for me, and earlier for many others.

For me those rates will just make me go out and buy couple of TR hearts for each character and bank them "just in case" as I have earned high hundreds of tokens so should be able to get a total of 30-40? (cannot remember exact the number and can fairly quickly get more if needed by running eberron epics) hearts to have in storage and then I will just totally ignore epics after U20 since the last good reason to run them(get epic tokens for TRing) disappears.

But once those pre-bought hearts run out.. yes it will be the end.

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Currently you can run about 30-60 any eberron epic quests on any character to get tokens for a heart. In the new system you need to run very specific maybe 500-600 quests on the TR character to get it. Having to run 500+ quests and including every quest in a saga way too many times kind of makes it not possible to do it.

As example if you run the end of eberron saga on hard level you need to run it about 53 times to get the 900 needed commendations, that will earn you more than 10 million xp and thus you need to be way past level 28 to do it. That is a total of 583 quests.
    edit: oh neverind,, thought they are 1 to 1 ratio.... oh.. i guess they don't want people to playing the game after all~~~ i guess it is gw2 time =)
    Last edited by burningwind; 10-19-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post

Already working on a third, actually Second has been around before I even joined.

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    6 toons!
    I'd say a stable 50 and growing. The protest guild grew to 30 people in under an hour.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    edit: oh neverind,, thought they are 1 to 1 ratio.... oh.. i guess they don't want people to playing the game after all~~~ i guess it is gw2 time =)
    Yeah, them not wanting people to play seems indeed like the only possible explanation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast