Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Tuirbine to stop you from TRing at level 20 unless you buy your TR heart from store

In update 20 they are adding a new bound to character type of currency "Commendations of Valor" that can only be earned by playing sagas. These are used to buy the different types of hearts of wood. They are also removing the old way of getting TR hearts.

Today: when you reach 20 and at any point after that you can TR if you have run any eberron epics with any of your characters so you have enough tokens.

After change: When you reach 20 you have to then repeat sagas over and over again to be able to TR unless you pay some Turbine points for your heart.

So today: you can have few epic characters that casually run epics to get the tokens while your TR character gets up in levels. You can select what quests you want to run to earn them.

In future: The TR chactater has to run very specific quests and all of them to earn the commendations. No choice, no way to prepare for it: Just grimace and grind every time you want to TR.

So either it is a big money grab to drive everyone to buy the hearts in the store or a attempt to stop people from TRing.

tin foil hat on.. wait not needed...

amen my brother. money grab while the once mighty game sinks into lameness
    Last edited by toaftoaf; 10-18-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Community Member

Doesn't bother me in the least i needed some
    Incentive to play less this is a great incentive
    For me !

Dunno this kinda behaviour still suprises people...
    Time and time again they keep reinventing the wheel
    Just to keep the game "fresh" while having to do as lill
    As possible.

Rehash the old quest and call it .. Epic!
    Do the same thing over and over again for lill bonusses and call it tr.
    Add a few quests and a explorer area and add some lame classes and call it an expansion pack.
    Add a real money auction house and screw over the plat economy for some extra cash..
    Still not enough add in an online gambling system.. For more cash..
    Throw in a new enh system that looks like wow
    And now tring is the last frontier they have to ruin since its probably not lucrative enough..

sigh just leave things as they were if they work .. Give us new content instead of a new system over
    And over again wich we have to get used too. or give us an old skool server so we actually have a choice
    Of swallowing a new skin to an old game that was working fine to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    So either it is a big money grab to drive everyone to buy the hearts in the store or a attempt to stop people from TRing.
    It's both. The lack of people running epic content bothers the developers, it's been stated several times.

With that said isn't there a heroic saga or two and won't we have more?

Community Member

Heroic sagas do not count....this is something that has been posted in general chat many times over the last few hours but keeps getting moved to lam for some reason....

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    It's both. The lack of people running epic content bothers the developers, it's been stated several times.

With that said isn't there a heroic saga or two and won't we have more?
    So the idea then to get more peeps running epics is to encourage us to stop TRing and go play something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    So the idea then to get more peeps running epics is to encourage us to stop TRing and go play something else?
    That's probably what will happen but it's not their intention.

People will play end-game when there is an end-game worth playing.

Community Member

Well then, I think the developers should start designing better epic quests and stop releasing garbage to us. Yes, I'm looking at this Shadowfell BS.

Turbine needs to grow a brain, stop releasing garbage and then being surprised when we don't play it, and stop with the obvious money grabs. We get that you need to make money. Fine. But I don't need a f'ing peddler on every corner waving money grab signs.... If they would just give us a well thought out quality product, people would play more of it and not feel quite so stingy with their cash. Instead they rush out the cr ap, are shocked when we don't make sandwiches of it, and then try to force some concoctions such as this down our throats.
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

it is easier to get token if you have the content.. gh epic saga.. one pack 850tp.. assume everyone should have this.. if they have a level 20 toon and planning on tr..

p.s. if you don't even have gh, perhaps it is time to get it =P

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    it is easier to get token if you have the content.. gh epic saga.. one pack 850tp.. assume everyone should have this.. if they have a level 20 toon and planning on tr..

p.s. if you don't even have gh, perhaps it is time to get it =P
    You do understand that it'll take more than 1 run of a saga to get enough comms of valour to get a heart, right?

my only real issue i have with it is that the Commendations are BTC. i can either run epic sagas on my gimp TR that i just want past lives for and don't have gear beyond level 20 (especially since its just for a past life) or buy the heart of wood from the store. make them BTA and i wont really gripe about it. to me, its just a change of how to get my heart of wood.

the next concern or thought i have is how this will affect epics, epic augments and tokens. it seems they want to do away with that system, which is fine, but removing more need for tokens means less reasons to run Eberron epics. some of the loot is still good, but quickly getting outdated by new loot and not enough reason to keep them active. xp would be the biggest reason to run them.

i think we need more info on how much sagas give for Commendations to determine how many runs it would take. hopefully its in the neighborhood to the current amount of runs it would take to get 20 tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNuegebauer View Post
    You do understand that it'll take more than 1 run of a saga to get enough comms of valour to get a heart, right?
    you understand it will take more then 20 run to get 20 token right? unless you have friend with you..

p.s. how you know it is not 100% list on reward?

Community Member

Default The headlines a little deceptive !!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    In update 20 they are adding a new bound to character type of currency "Commendations of Valor" that can only be earned by playing sagas. These are used to buy the different types of hearts of wood. They are also removing the old way of getting TR hearts.

Today: when you reach 20 and at any point after that you can TR if you have run any eberron epics with any of your characters so you have enough tokens.

After change: When you reach 20 you have to then repeat sagas over and over again to be able to TR unless you pay some Turbine points for your heart.

So today: you can have few epic characters that casually run epics to get the tokens while your TR character gets up in levels. You can select what quests you want to run to earn them.

In future: The TR chactater has to run very specific quests and all of them to earn the commendations. No choice, no way to prepare for it: Just grimace and grind every time you want to TR.

There not forcing you to buy anything , Pretty smart move on there part . It's making these hearts a little more time consumimg and harder to aquire . Hopefully now the newbs will learn to run epics outside of house d , k and p . If they want to continue there 30 past lives before learning the game .

Ohh well sad for those who don't grind ee , Cause im guessing they give the most valor rewards .

And yeah if your too impatient to grind and you want to tr right now , Well theres a quick option " support my game " cause ill run the quests to get emm i enjoy it .

And you to the anal game players who cant stand change , haha !!!!

Now that there distracted it's chance to ask for the most " non purposefull , useless shnitt " i could think of ......... Player Housing , you know when you want to pretend this game is your real life .

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i think we need more info on how much sagas give for Commendations to determine how many runs it would take. hopefully its in the neighborhood to the current amount of runs it would take to get 20 tokens.
    Well, the person who posted the pic of their EH Saga run gave them 17 Comms. You need 900 Comms to do the current TR. So you're looking at running EH sagas about 50 times to TR. So even with this new system, you'll be level 28 or 30 before getting enough Comms to do what we can currently do in a few days of running the soon to be never to be House C Challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Well, the person who posted the pic of their EH Saga run gave them 17 Comms. You need 900 Comms to do the current TR. So you're looking at running EH sagas about 50 times to TR. So even with this new system, you'll be level 28 or 30 before getting enough Comms to do what we can currently do in a few days of running the soon to be never to be House C Challenges.
    seriously? eff that. all set with TRing than.

People will play end-game when there is an end-game worth playing.
    I think it's now safe to say we won't see any resemblance of a end-game we would like to see until maybe when the level cap hits 30 in a year. Maybe even not then. They have gone all-in on TR'ing in one form or fashion. With this revamp their hole cards are shown and now in the next year the community cards will come out.

I have a gut feeling that this is going to be one sick bad beat for Turbine!

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    seriously? eff that. all set with TRing than.
    Here's a good picture of a EH Underdark Saga completion on Lama..17 Comms.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5137693

Time to do some epic quests for tokens and bunker some hearts I guess. I'd never buy a heart from store as long as it is thus expensive. I mean TR'ing actually is the main part of "End-Game", but 1500 TP is far too expensive. Make it 50 TP each heart, then I might buy them.

Community Member

I don't understand how people with, What I would presume to be adult level IQs, Could even come up with such a hilariously ******** idea. I've been disappointed so many times over the past few years in this game each time, lowering my expectations of turbine. And yet, somehow they find a way to exceed my expectations of terrible quality and poor decisions every single time.

Find the man who suggested this change and can him immediately.

This info needs to be spread around the player-base so we can get enough negative feedback to douse this tragedy before it ever touches live.

And in all seriousness, turbine should write a public apology for even APPEARING to entertain the idea.

Community Member

This will be the end of the game for sure, congratz for be stupid devs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast