Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Massively plays DDO with us!

I was privileged to join Massively.com's Beau Hindeman and two DDO systems devs, Feather_of_Sun and Steelstar, for some DDO live streaming this afternoon. You can find the archived video here! We want to thank Massively for doing this, it was a lot of fun. Also, we managed to not embarrass ourselves by party wiping in The Waterworks.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Well done. Very generic, but that is what the goal was.

It did look like you did this on a live server? I noticed quite a few people running around in the background. If so excellent. It really helps to promote a game when you can actually see other people running around in the background.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Well done. Very generic, but that is what the goal was.

It did look like you did this on a live server? I noticed quite a few people running around in the background. If so excellent. It really helps to promote a game when you can actually see other people running around in the background.
    Yeah this was on Cannith and I too think it's cool to do on live. I want to do more of this kind of thing in the future.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Barbarians a good solo class? Come on Jerry.

Those Turbine shields are bada--
    Last edited by Da_Most_Shady; 10-18-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post

^^What he said.

I wanna try those shields also. Maybe they have Supreme Riposte:

When missed in melee: gain 1 Turbine Point

I couldn't find this video anywhere on the massively website...

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I was privileged to join Massively.com's Beau Hindeman and two DDO systems devs, Feather_of_Sun and Steelstar, for some DDO live streaming this afternoon. You can find the archived video here! We want to thank Massively for doing this, it was a lot of fun. Also, we managed to not embarrass ourselves by party wiping in The Waterworks.
    Did you talk with them about how you are screwing end game up again and removing True hearts as being purchasable from the twelve vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    Did you talk with them about how you are screwing end game up again and removing True hearts as being purchasable from the twelve vendor?
    It's being moved to the Hall of Heroes, that everyone has access to, via the portal in the Marketplace.

did you talk with them about how you are screwing end game up again and removing true hearts as being purchasable from the twelve vendor?
    what?!?!?!?!?!!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleanincubus View Post
    It's being moved to the Hall of Heroes, that everyone has access to, via the portal in the Marketplace.
    whew! i almost had a moment of sheer delirium there. And might i suggest that in the future when you move something like this, you need to do more than include it in release notes (and sometimes things like this don't even end up there. leave an npc there who says "if you're looking for X, it has been moved. you may now find it at Y."

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post

agree on the shields. and there is a barbarian in my guild with two levels of rogue who is a mad soloer. he probably takes hirelings on from time to time, but he's actually quite adept at avoiding damage while dishing it out at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    what?!?!?!?!?!!?!!

whew! i almost had a moment of sheer delirium there. And might i suggest that in the future when you move something like this, you need to do more than include it in release notes (and sometimes things like this don't even end up there. leave an npc there who says "if you're looking for X, it has been moved. you may now find it at Y."

agree on the shields. and there is a barbarian in my guild with two levels of rogue who is a mad soloer. he probably takes hirelings on from time to time, but he's actually quite adept at avoiding damage while dishing it out at the same time.
    You still can't buy tr hearts with tokens, they're only purchasable with commendations of valor which you only get from completing epic sagas now. Very heavy handed nerf.

You must own the Hall of Heroes to TR. In addition Lahar in the twelve will no longer sell True hearts of wood. You can buy them for Commendations of Valor. It requires completing Saga's. One completion of a saga netted 17, you need 900 to purchase a True heart of wood.

Blatant money grab by turbine.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

No, that is where the re incarrnator is being moved to.

True Hearts are no longer purchasable with tokens of the 12.

You must own the Hall of Heroes to TR. In addition Lahar in the twelve will no longer sell True hearts of wood. You can buy them for Commendations of Valor. It requires completing Saga's. One completion of a saga netted 17, you need 900 to purchase a True heart of wood.

Blatant money grab by turbine.
    Holy... [expletive deleted]. You have got to be [expletive deleted] kidding me!

Seriously Turbine, if you want people to stop playing the game. This is the way to do it. The TR community in this game is huge. I'm pretty sure every server has at least ONE TR channel. Many have more. I will reserve my final judgment until I see the finished product. But this is ridiculous. I hope that 900 commendations of valor is just a placeholder. Even if it was just a normal heroic saga completion that it utterly pitiful. Uless epic saga completions grant like 500-1000, hardly anyone except folks with tons of spare cash lying around to buy hearts of wood for real money are going to TR. And for those who consider TR the endgame, that will be the end of them playing.

And what else are we supposed to use tokens for instead now anyway? Augments? Like I need augments that badly when random gen loot is perfectly fine.

Yes, DOOOOOoooooOOOOOOooooOOOOOOoooom! and such.

I'm normally a big supporter of Turbine even when many other folks have decried their intentions. But this is seriously a huge PR mistake unless there are going to be lots of other ways for us to earn these Commendations of Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by samthedagger View Post
    Holy... [expletive deleted]. You have got to be [expletive deleted] kidding me!
    Made one mistake. Hall of heroes is apparently enter-able by those that don't own it. So it appears that requirement is not needed. You still need to run hundreds of quests to get a True heart though.

Made one mistake. Hall of heroes is apparently enter-able by those that don't own it. So it appears that requirement is not needed. You still need to run hundreds of quests to get a True heart though.
    According to Teh_Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    . . . maybe, just maybe your new idea is bad.

Seriously, 170 sagas to earn the hearts needed for TR . . .
    Hope his number is wrong or misstated to mean quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Hope his number is wrong or misstated to mean quests.
    Screenshots showed an EH saga reward was 17 commendations of valor. It takes 900 for a heroic heart, 2000 for an epic heart. At 17 per saga, not quest, do the math on how many quests you'll have to run.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Screenshots showed an EH saga reward was 17 commendations of valor. It takes 900 for a heroic heart, 2000 for an epic heart. At 17 per saga, not quest, do the math on how many quests you'll have to run.
    ouch 118 saga's for an epic heart, 54 for a heroic. he's a little off but not by much and if you were running en .... shudder. Anyone have the numbers for ee saga's?

Great video!

I wish there were more of them to show how DDO is superior to those other generic MMORPGs

Community Member

Thanks - I've wanted to know what FoS looks like for some time now, just in case I ever see him in person.

Kind of unimpressed with the level of gameplay ability in this though.

Yeah this was on Cannith and I too think it's cool to do on live. I want to do more of this kind of thing in the future.
    Except, I'd like to see you folks make a dev video doing an EE stormhorn quest. Now that I'd find interesting to watch. It would also advertise it a bit better, since waterworks isn't exactly emblematic of what the gameplay experience is like.

Sorry, but there's a ton of gibberish in what you've been saying in that video to help sugar coat shortcomings. I'm sure you are aware of them, so I won't nitpick - but it hurt my ears.
    Last edited by Cetus; 10-19-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast