Default FvS and morninglords?

Ok so the only way to get amaunator as a faith option is morninglord.
    Capstones require you to be pure 20 levels of x

This is from the release notes on lam what am I missing.

Favored Soul Angel of Vengeance:

NEW: The capstone has gained an Amaunator option:
    Ascendancy: Bolt of the Sun:
    Passive: You gain +2 Charisma and +2 to the Diplomacy and Spellcraft skills.
    Active: You are able to cast the spell Sunbolt without using spell points.

For people who TR into the iconic

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    For people who TR into the iconic
    I thought that still required at least the first level to be cleric/pally/rogue/fighter. Is that not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I thought that still required at least the first level to be cleric/pally/rogue/fighter. Is that not the case?
    Evidence points to no.

waiting until the patch so I can TR my palemaster into a morninglord

Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    Improvements to Lesser Reincarnation also impact Iconics! Not only is a Lesser Reincarnation an option for Iconics with Update 20, we have figured out how to allow you to Lesser Reincarnate your first level as an Iconic. This means the +1 and higher class change options that are available with Lesser Reincarnation will apply to Iconic characters, giving you even more character build choices.
    Last edited by Satyriasys; 10-18-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Evidence points to no.

waiting until the patch so I can TR my palemaster into a morninglord
    pretty sure morninglords are still 1 level of cleric. although there has been mention of being able to LR the 1st level into something differnet, it hasnt been said if that would make you a normal race/iconic or not.

still rather odd they added a capstone that requires an LR+1 to use. perhaps they arent restricting it to only iconics

From what I understand when you tr into an iconic you can choose any class on creation. The +1 would be useful for current iconics or first life iconics who wish to remove their 1st level class.

A dev confirmation would be nice.

if you become a paladin on say a pdk or shadar kai you can pick it as well

Wow, that is a nice capstone, thank you Devs.

It would be very nice to be able to choose your first level class and that would make TRing into iconics much more popular.
    Hoping that will become the standard.

And good point there, its a religious choice so any level 20 favored soul forgotten realms iconic should be able to access it.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 10-18-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Founder

You should not be able to LR out of the iconic base class. Welcome to the world of bladeforged barb 18/2 x. I'm all for barbarians getting buffed without giving them full barb benefits with reconstruct every 6 seconds.

Devs already said we can change the initial class on an Iconic with an LR.

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    You should not be able to LR out of the iconic base class. Welcome to the world of bladeforged barb 18/2 x. I'm all for barbarians getting buffed without giving them full barb benefits with reconstruct every 6 seconds.
    What's the problem? It gives barbarians a viable survivability build path. Christ you people will whine about anything.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    Welcome to the world of bladeforged barb 18/2 x.
    Except BF still has to start as a Paladin, which means they're locked into LG alignment, and since LR doesn't let you switch alignment, you couldn't go Barb without going through 2 separate reincarnations (one out of Pal, one into Barb) and buying an alignment change from the Store between the two

Unless, when you TR into an Iconic, you're not locked into the same progression as when you start a first-life Iconic?

I'm failing to see why they even have the first-level restriction in the first place, if they're going to make it not only circumventable, but put in pretty awesome content only available if you circumvent it...

I think this needs a dev comment on how tr'ing to an iconic is supposed to work at this point, because it seems like no one is 100% sure on it.

maybe they could fix articles of faith enhancement for morninglords too. its bit expensive to get Phosphor for morninglord only to find the enhancement dont work

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Except BF still has to start as a Paladin, which means they're locked into LG alignment, and since LR doesn't let you switch alignment, you couldn't go Barb without going through 2 separate reincarnations (one out of Pal, one into Barb) and buying an alignment change from the Store between the two

Unless, when you TR into an Iconic, you're not locked into the same progression as when you start a first-life Iconic?

I'm failing to see why they even have the first-level restriction in the first place, if they're going to make it not only circumventable, but put in pretty awesome content only available if you circumvent it...
    Ah, didn't even think of that. Even with being able to swap out the first level with an Iconic LR, a Bladeforged would be stuck as LG because they'll HAVE to select Paladin at creation, it would take 2 Iconic LRs and an alignment change to get to Bladeforged Barbarian. Basically asking "how much is running an immortal Barbarian worth to you in real dollars, chump?".

you don't have to be morning lord.. any iconic born on faerun can and only can choose that deity.. personally i hate it.. as i don't like using mace..

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    you don't have to be morning lord.. any iconic born on faerun can and only can choose that deity.. personally i hate it.. as i don't like using mace..
    Right but

bladeforged pally
    Purple Dragon Knight Fighter
    Shadar-kai Rogue
    Morninglord Cleric

None of which are fvs for the fvs capstone. So unless they're changing how iconics work as part of iconic tr.......

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    aaah, thanks thats it. i knew i read somewhere, u can choose amaunator as deity....tho i thought u have to be elf.
    thanks for clarification