Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to give a quick heads up that we've been reviewing all the Lamannia feedback so far, and we're working on a more detailed post regarding the rate at which Hearts can be earned. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback, to try the system, and to highlight areas of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by NytCrawlr View Post

Pondering joining this.
    Come join please. IF you can log in to the instance. right now its just about bugged out me thinks.

Community Member

I've basically quit DDO now. My account is still open but my kid will never complete an epic saga. I'm playing a lot with him lately and he has no interest in doing those. He really wants to TR but he's 1) not allowed to spend money on it and 2) not going to run a single saga - let alone multiple. He enjoys 2 or 3 quests at epic and in the past could farm those 2 or 3 quests to get the hearts to TR. After U20 that goes away...so does he...and therefore so do I until they fix this. I'll probably be back from time to time but will obviously spend much less (as I'll be around less) and won't be playing enough to warrant renewing my VIP. I really like DDO still...but if they drive my kid away I'm going to be following him for most of my play time to a game like Wizard101 or Pirate101.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member obscure.jester's Avatar

just 2 words:
    PLEASE
    DONT.

i am very, very sick of all these UNNECESSARY changes through my 3 years of playing. beside i cant remember a single change which didnt break badly a huge amount of other stuff above causing awful bugs which needed further changes leading back to point 1 like an horrible ouroboros of nonsense, im totally sick of this "improving your game experience" excuse.
    it doesnt improve anything. it makes it worse.
    improving a game experience is offering a functional game, without bugs, without years of farming for an epic item, without a ridiculously low droprate for rewards, without neverending (and often boring - abbot is such a pain...) flags, without moneyspiller features everywhere and, most of all, without making a player frustrated about his fun. these uber long sagas are just awful and difficult to track. this new TR system is totally nonsense. these nasty bugs are STILL on since i started playing.
    wanna improve game experience? fix bugs, set a decent droprate and DONT change what actually works. i have an heart attack anytime i see "update incoming".

really, please dont.
    I fail better than anyone else

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Good morning everyone! Just wanted to give a quick heads up that we've been reviewing all the Lamannia feedback so far, and we're working on a more detailed post regarding the rate at which Hearts can be earned. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback, to try the system, and to highlight areas of frustration.
    Just wanted to be upfront...anything that takes away the option to run old-world token-granting content to TR will be a non-starter for me and I'd guess quite a bit of your customer base. The number of Comm's of Valor rewarded and required are small issues - the real issue is that you're changing the heroic TR'ing system that has been in the game for years to require different content for the same reward.

EDIT: Just wanted to add on that this is basically the same issue as the 'wiping epic destiny xp on a heroic TR' that cropped up before. You've got a system you've put in place that people like - the Heroic TR system. For the love of god, leave it alone! If you want to do sagas for iconic tr's or epic tr's then by all means go for it! Then the issue of number of comm's rewarded and required are the only issues. As those are new systems no one has any expectations about how they should work. But again, for yet another time, just leave the Heroic TR system alone!
    Last edited by Darkrok; 10-21-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

I have been a pretty shameless fanboi of Turbine and DDO for years. I have always chosen to see the glass as half full. I have alway been willing to give Turbine the benefit of the doubt. I am going to do so one last time.

I am truly hoping that the numbers listed on Lama for cost of the heart and the drop rate of comms are just simple place holders. If those are real numbers however, I fear my days in DDO will be numbered. I will probably cash in all the epic tokens I have and stock up on hearts and Heroic TR until those are exhausted, but unfortunately I will never get to experience Epic or Iconic TR.

If you are trying to bring and end to DDO turbine, this will surely do it.

Please Turbine, show me that the faith I have shown over the past 3+ years (Most of that time as VIP) is not misplaced.

Please don't change the way we acquire hearts of wood. I like being able to (finally) hit 20 and TR again. I don't want to spend more time farming unneeded quests for something else.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Can we expect that sometime today?

Is this more detailed post something that you could have told us on Friday to avoid all of this grief or is this based on new discussions as a result of the feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Just wanted to be upfront...anything that takes away the option to run old-world token-granting content to TR will be a non-starter for me and I'd guess quite a bit of your customer base. The number of Comm's of Valor rewarded and required are small issues - the real issue is that you're changing the heroic TR'ing system that has been in the game for years to require different content for the same reward.
    same here, please dont screw around with the heroic TR
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Quote Originally Posted by deadlock View Post
    can we expect that sometime today?

Is this more detailed post something that you could have told us on friday to avoid all of this grief or is this based on new discussions as a result of the feedback?

soon (tm)
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Community Member

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to give a quick heads up that we've been reviewing all the Lamannia feedback so far, and we're working on a more detailed post regarding the rate at which Hearts can be earned. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback, to try the system, and to "highlight areas of frustration."
    It took THIS to show "areas of frustration"? Seriously? Whose idea was it to charge 900 comms for a TR heart? Mr. Burns? Get your act together Turbine you're losing business by the second.
    Last edited by zaphear; 10-21-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: language
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

EDIT: Just wanted to add on that this is basically the same issue as the 'wiping epic destiny xp on a heroic TR' that cropped up before. You've got a system you've put in place that people like - the Heroic TR system. For the love of god, leave it alone! If you want to do sagas for iconic tr's or epic tr's then by all means go for it! Then the issue of number of comm's rewarded and required are the only issues. As those are new systems no one has any expectations about how they should work. But again, for yet another time, just leave the Heroic TR system alone!
    Darkrok: Well said. Very well said. Thank you.

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Can we expect that sometime today?

Is this more detailed post something that you could have told us on Friday to avoid all of this grief or is this based on new discussions as a result of the feedback?
    Should be today, and is based on the feedback we've been reviewing from over the weekend.

what I am asking for is to allow me us run the content we enjoy, and not be forced into running content we don't enjoy, as a valid path to TR.

if some prefer farming a single quest, fine.
    if some prefer running challenges, fine.
    if some prefer running sagas, fine. (toss a couple of extra comms at the end of a saga, done)
    if some enjoy random questing/raiding, fine.

the repeated attempts by the you the devs to pigeon hole us into running specific content against our wishes are (for lack of better words) upsetting and disturbing.

the new system doesn't allow us more options, in fact, it forces us to run full chains of quests.
    in the current system, we COULD run the same two quests 30-50 times, or we COULD run full chains of quests. or we could sometimes run a single quest a couple of times without completing a chain, and it would all be valid. nothing wasted.

I hope this helps you see the problem we find with the new system.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    With these changes, the old “endgame” route of earning Reincarnations has been retired. Heroic True Hearts of Wood will no longer be available from the Epic vendor in The Twelve.
    I always thought that true reincarnation was one of the defining features of DDO, and an essential part of the whole deal.

I do not play much, so far I only brought one character to level 16 and one to 20, but my plan for the next couple of months was to bring the level 16 character up to level 20, too, do some greensteel crafting and then reincarnate one of them - most likely using a true heart of wood bought in game with tokens earned in quests run at level 20. This is heroic reincarnation, and I think it does make sense to offer the opportunity to reincarnate at capped heroic level, within the game, without ridiculous amounts of farming.

I might buy the Shadowfell pack at some point (got everything else including MotU already), play all the epic quests and reach level 28 (or whatever the level cap may be by then), but right now I have no intention to advance much higher than level 20 and grind sagas only in order to be able to play level 1 to 20 again afterwards. Maybe I will start a new character (even though this seems to defeat the purpose of greensteel crafting), or maybe I'll find another game (which would be quite a shame because I like this one). But I will definitely not "solve" this newly invented problem by throwing money at it and buying a true heart at the DDO store.

Tols.

Edited dues to clicking.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Default Not thrilled about this possibility either...

I have to voice my concern against this potential change as well. I can understand doing something like this specifically for the Epic Reincarnation, even possibly the Iconic Reincarnation, but removing the Tokens of the Twelve for the Heroic Reincarnations doesn't make any sense to me. I hope they don't implement this in the game .

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    same here, please dont screw around with the heroic TR
    This. A thousand times over.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Hero

Thumbs down

Should be today, and is based on the feedback we've been reviewing from over the weekend.

If the response is going to be the usual bait-and-switch "After reviewing feedback from the weekend we have reduced the number of commendations/increased the number of commendations rewarded to aquired Heart of Woods" save it.

Just about everyone knows your trick of setting things unreasonably high and then playing hero and reducing it, giving the illusion it was our idea. Give us a real solution and stop playing mindless games.

2014 DDO Players Council

If you want to do sagas for iconic tr's or epic tr's then by all means go for it! Then the issue of number of comm's rewarded and required are the only issues. As those are new systems no one has any expectations about how they should work. But again, for yet another time, just leave the Heroic TR system alone!
    This. The numbers should be tweaked for buying Iconic & Epic hearts, I think. But destroying our existing system for Heroic TRing is a complete non-starter.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast