Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    I decided that I'd multi-task my sagas. Since I ran WoC and Chains 2 and 3 yesterday, I ran chain 1 today, and Well Well Well ( Don't Drink the Water )
    I skipped House of Death Undone (again. don't like it), and paid the 5 shards to skip In The Belly of the Beast, because this character has never been deep enough into underdark to get the Riz Malag portal and getting out there is a beeyotch.

I ran through on normal, and paid the 15 shards to upgrade to an Epic Hard completion list.
    Bug: Everytime I've been prompted to pay shards, I have been locked into mouselook mode (I was in that mode when starting the conversation). You get no pointer, and can't toggle, so you can hit enter to accept or escape to decline the dialog, but, yea, bug.

*snip picture*

Note that the menace chain is 13 quests total, longer than The End of Eberron.

16 commendations for an Epic Hard completion.

"Multi-tasking" both sagas and running 17 quests yields 33 commendation.

That's completing both sagas 28 times for a heroic heart.
    476 quests for a F2P, 448 quests for a VIP, and 420 quests for a VIP that's willing to kick in 280 shards.

35 times for an Iconic true heart.
    595 quests for a F2P, 560 quests for a VIP, and 525 quests for a VIP that's willing to kick in 350 shards.

61 times for an Epic heart.
    1037 quests for F2P, 976 for a VIP, and 915 for a VIP that's willing to kick in 610 shards.

88 times for both an Epic and Heroic heart.
    1496 quests for a F2P, 1408 for a VIP, and 1320 quests for a VIP that's willing to kick in 880 shards.
    Wow, just wow. Inexplicable. Disgusting.

Okay, I've thought about this more, and I redact my previous position that it was okay to switch all reincarnations to using commendations of valor PROVIDED THAT: the devs reduce the ridiculous amount of commendations of valor that are currently required on Lamannia. I've thought about this more and the people I've played with and talked with and realized there is really only one way to make this work. You want to introduce new methods of reincarnation? Great. We've hashed out the fact that you're letting us keep ED XP. You listened to us on that one, so listen again now. True Reincarnation has been in the game for what, more than four years now? And the method has never really been changed. The only thing which might be considered a change is the fact that when U14 hit, there were different levels of epic difficulty so we weren't guaranteed a full token, which was fair, since epic hard and easier difficulties were not as challenging as the old epic.

Think about the ****storm that happened when you threatened to take ED XP away after reincarnation. That system is barely over a year old. Now you want to take away a system that has been going strong for nearly FOUR YEARS and is quite possibly the most unique thing about DDO and replace it with this commendation of valor garbage which no player seems to think is a good idea? FOUR YEARS. You realize how many people jumped on this game with F2P and starting paying money exactly because DDO has features like TRing? Change it now, and many of those people who continue to spend money on the game are simply going to walk away. I don't know if I will be one of them, but I have to be honest, DDO's endgame is pretty boring because there is NO ENDGAME RAID. I know you've got one in the works for like Update 22 or something. And I don't care when it gets here. In the meantime, I plan to be TRing a helluva lot. But if you force us to undergo this radical new system to keep doing the same thing we've been doing for nearly FOUR YEARS, a system which is not broken, a system which is beloved and cherished by thousands of players, I know a bunch of my friends are gonna walk away. And if they do, I just might too, because my friends are one of the main reasons I keep playing this game. Sure, I can solo to 20. But it's a lot more fun to do it with a buddy.

So I said there was only one way to make this work:

TR REMAINS UNCHANGED. That's right. We keep using tokens of the twelve to TR buy our hearts of wood and go back to level 1. You can move the token vendor to the Hall of Heroes if you want. Hell, I don't really care where you move him so long as it's a public place accessible to all players, F2P included. I'm a VIP, but I still care about keeping access to things for F2P players because they are future DDO subscribers and Premium players.

I'm glad to have Epic Reincarnation and Iconic Reincarnation around. You can even do it with crazy saga reward or DDO Store-bought hearts of wood-only approach for all I care. As soon as you see practically no one is using it, you'll fix it or forget it. Whatever. But for the existing TR system, you just. Can. NOT. CHANGE IT!

That's the last I'm gonna say on the matter. I've decided after this post to say no more and let the chips fall where they may. But going in this direction with the whole commendations of valor is terrible idea for DDO's future in my opinion.

Arrow

- Do you feel like you understand how sagas work?
    Yes, very much so. Almost like a series reward just bigger.

- How easy do you find it to track your progress on sagas?
    Badly, not easy at all. I have 15 toons and tracking is pitiful. There should be a window or something to track it easier in the very least.

- Do you multi-task your sagas? (e.g. running a quest because you know it will count towards more than one saga at once)
    Yes, but only when I can. I don't always push to complete a saga...I consider it "extra" like it was originally talked about.

Finally, Like I said before:
    DO NOT remove heroic heart from the Twelve list. The backlash is gonna be huge and everyone knows this. FIX the cost or the rewarding of the new commendations...it's really horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    So we're still reviewing feedback at the moment, but just wanted to thank you all for providing comments and concerns regarding TR. This is a main focus of attention here in the dev pit.

Additionally, we'd also like to hear from players regarding your play patterns and sagas, as this is related ...
    Be happy to help you with this one.
    Yep. They are quite thoroughly explained by the saga NPCs. Maybe too thoroughly. But for those who don't read release notes, it's good to have that there just in case.
    Quite frankly, it's terrible. I have to take notes. Saga progress is either not working properly in the quest log (when you press L) or it was never there at all. I never know how I am doing unless I take notes or run back to the saga NPC, which is a waste of my time IMHO. It would be great if we could pick up the sagas like a quest, and they could be tracked in the quest log like tracking rares or explorers found in a wilderness area, so all I have to do is press L, scroll down to the saga I am on, and check my progress. It should show a list of quests and whether the quest is not completed or completed; and if it is completed, it should show the difficulty. And at the very bottom it should show my total points and let me know what type of reward those points will qualify me for (if any).
    - Do you multi-task your sagas? (e.g. running a quest because you know it will count towards more than one saga at once)
    Not at all. I pick a saga and just do that one. I have to say I really disagree with the position you've taken to have so many sagas overlapping with each other. In my opinion, there should only be a few sagas with NO overlap (with the exception of heroic/epic).

1) Menace of the Underdark Saga: Starts with the Web of Chaos chain and includes all the flagging quests for Caught in the Web, plus In the Belly of the Beast, which I feel is just part of the Schindylryn chain anyway even though technically it is not.

2) Shadowfell Conspiracy Saga: Includes all the quests in the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion. It has both a heroic saga and an epic saga. This should be the only type of overlap.

3) Eveningstar Saga: Includes the Eveningstar quests which are not part of the flagging for Caught in the Web, Druids Deep, and the High Road. Also has both heroic saga and epic saga.

4) Gianthold Saga: Don't change it. This should be a paradigm for all sagas.

Community Member

Angry

So we're still reviewing feedback at the moment, but just wanted to thank you all for providing comments and concerns regarding TR. This is a main focus of attention here in the dev pit.

Additionally, we'd also like to hear from players regarding your play patterns and sagas, as this is related ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    I am sorry but none of your questions matter.
    Oh and BTC sucks.....in all forms.
    ^ THIS!

I seriously doubt that the devs have even read the criticism if this is how our position has been rephrased.

I'll say it again dev's, just delete the game!

Default Please leave Heroic True Hearts in The Twelve

I have a problem with being forced to run higher level epic content in order to get a Heroic True Heart in order to do a *Heroic* TR.

Now, since I'm going to be running MotU and Shadowfell content anyways to get an Epic True Heart, grinding the expansion content for that isn't a problem.

The concept of sagas is good. Make people play more adventures so that they aren't grinding the same six over and over---

However, I take issue with your execution. The reward list for completing a saga is tepid at best. Random skill tomes? Experience? These new comms? Why not augments? Why not twink items? You know, some low level, very unique items useful when you Reincarnate.

Wow us with innovations! Don't create a crisis so that we can later breathe a sigh of relief. We HATE that.

You folks are so concerned with perfect balancing you've lost sight of excitement and innovation. Sure, this is your job, and at moments like these it probably feels like a thankless job, but don't get all on the defensive and shut us out. You guys are messing this up. Own that. Then adjust and turn DDO into an exciting game again. Make adventure with passion, not with bookkeeping...

Community Member

1. I really don't see how you could think we don't. Its not that complicated.
    2. I don't run back to my desk every time I need a phone number. The current system is like that.
    3. Don't care enough about them to answer yes or no.

You say you are reviewing the feedback but these three questions show little or no relevance to the feedback in this thread.
    Devs taking the time to post in these threads is hugely appreciated. Please get back to us with more info or queries relevant to the concerns raised.
    Last edited by OzDrew; 10-19-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OzDrew View Post
    You say you are reviewing the feedback but these three questions show little or no relevance to the feedback in this thread.
    Devs taking the time to post in these threads is hugely appreciated. Please get back to us with more info or queries relevant to the concerns raised.
    I have to agree with this. Those questions being asked to us have almost nothing to do with this thread. This is probably the worst case of a company dis-railing a thread by purposely threads---ing it.

Community Member

Angry

* yes

* no

* not really

Notes: as a completely optional reward option I think they are fine.

I hate the idea of connecting them to the TR process

1) The difference between the Faerun and Eberron campaign settings should be a matter of theme and lore, not game mechanics.

2) You've done it before, you can do it again...

Proposal:
    Eliminate Fragments of Tokens of the 12.
    Change Tokens of the 12/Epic Dungeon Tokens into Commendations of Valor, which are BTA.
    Change Greater Tokens of the Twelve/Epic Raid Tokens into Commendations of Heroism.
    Change Heroic Commendations into Commendations of Heroism.
    Adjust Pricing on Flawless Dragonscale and PDK favor rewards appropriately.

Drop Commendations of Valor in smallish quantities throughout all epic chests in all epic content.
    Include Larger bounties of Commendations as a saga reward option.

Commendations of Heroism should drop in all Epic Raids.

This gives players a unified Epic experience.
    This eliminates the lore restriction that you made too restrictive and didn't adhere to (no tokens in gianthold).
    This does not obsolete approximately one third of the quests in the Epic experience. (only 48 of the current 67 Epic quests are part of a saga.) It does not obsolete Carnival, Sentinels, Red Fens, or VoN from the epic experience.
    This does not force players into playing content they do not enjoy.
    I presume that the barter interfaces can take Commendations of that (programmatic) class as ingredients, much like the crafting interfaces can take equipment. So Lahar can take V-Comms for augments.
    This preserves the work done to introduce the Double-click a V-Comm to get a heart dialog.
    This does not devalue the other Saga end rewards offerings. (Who would take the XP, when it's required to build up V-Comms? "Rewards" should be rewarding, not "tough choices" Skill Tome vs TRing)
    Does not punish veteran players for accumulating wealth. New Currency each update is like the Stock Market crashing every 3 months. Everyone goes broke. Everyone starts over.
    This builds upon what you've already created, instead of destroying it to start anew.

This requires a minimal of coding into legacy code; although changing token fragments and tokens to relative values of Commendations may not be trivial. (though should be relatively small)
    I'm not sure how chests rewards are set. If every epic chest has a specific entry for a range of fragments to drop, it may be labor intensive to adjust every epic chest in the game. (Though, realistically, there's 69* of them. 67 + 2 new U20 ones)

Community Member

1) The difference between the Faerun and Eberron campaign settings should be a matter of theme and lore, not game mechanics.

Proposal:
    Change Tokens of the 12/Epic Dungeon Tokens into Commendations of Valor, which are BTA.
    Change Greater Tokens of the Twelve/Epic Raid Tokens into Commendations of Heroism.

Drop Commendations of Valor in smallish quantities throughout all epic chests in all epic content.

This eliminates the lore restriction that you made too restrictive and didn't adhere to (no tokens in gianthold).
    This does not obsolete approximately one third of the quests in the Epic experience. (only 48 of the current 67 Epic quests are part of a saga.) It does not obsolete Carnival, Sentinels, Red Fens, or VoN from the epic experience.
    I presume that the barter interfaces can take Commendations of that (programmatic) class as ingredients, much like the crafting interfaces can take equipment. So Lahar can take V-Comms for augments.
    This preserves the work done to introduce the Double-click a V-Comm to get a heart dialog.
    This does not devalue the other Saga end rewards offerings. (Who would take the XP, when it's required to build up V-Comms? "Rewards" should be rewarding, not "tough choices" Skill Tome vs TRing)
    Does not punish veteran players for accumulating wealth. New Currency each update is like the Stock Market crashing every 3 months. Everyone goes broke. Everyone starts over.
    This builds upon what you've already created, instead of destroying it to start anew.

This requires a minimal of coding into legacy code; although changing token fragments and tokens to relative values of Commendations may not be trivial. (though should be relatively small)
    I'm not sure how chests rewards are set. If every epic chest has a specific entry for a range of fragments to drop, it may be labor intensive to adjust every epic chest in the game. (Though, realistically, there's 69* of them. 67 + 2 new U20 ones)
    This is a great suggestion as it unifies both realms and makes tring more understandable. Still lower the amount needed to buy a heart though to make it more manageable . ALSO for the changing the tokens...you the devs don't have to do ANYTHING all you have to do is add in a converter in the hall of heroes and the players will do the converting for you. Trust me no one is going to whine about changing their tokens into comms to get hearts....they WILL get angry if all our tokens become trash simply to impliment a new more complicated system.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tolchuck View Post
    This is a great suggestion as it unifies both realms and makes tring more understandable. Still lower the amount needed to buy a heart though to make it more manageable . ALSO for the changing the tokens...you the devs don't have to do ANYTHING all you have to do is add in a converter in the hall of heroes and the players will do the converting for you. Trust me no one is going to whine about changing their tokens into comms to get hearts....they WILL get angry if all our tokens become trash simply to impliment a new more complicated system.
    Why have a converter?

I'm going to suggest something revolutionary, include both currencies in the barter box to give the same item.

It's a mechanic that already exists in the House C Challenges, since all Epic mats can make Epic Tokens. It's a mechanic that removes steps that annoy players (looks at how annoying Cannith Crafting can be as a comparison).

And it's a simple mechanic that the Devs continual ignore even when players suggest it. Again, look at House C Challenges barter that won't accept Epic mats for level 20 items, even though players have been asking for this since its release. In fact, that mechanic should have been in play when MOTU came out with the level cap being raised (over a year ago). And it should definitely be in place now since House C Challenges don't have go to 30 (although it's the most costly single pack in the game).

We keep asking for things to be made simpler. And the Devs keep making it harder. This is yet another pointless commodities mini-game being added that just clutters up inventory for players. The Epic Tokens were working fine until the Devs moved away from them with MOTU, without just cause.

Well, hopefully by now Turbine understands that this idea is DoA but just in case...

If this goes live as is I am done making any future purchases of points. The primary reason I bought Cannith Challenges was because I could farm tokens to obtain true hearts of wood. If that feature is removed I will no longer have any confidence that I will get to keep the features I have paid for.

Don't get me wrong, I will keep playing (until I have capped all ten of my characters), using bandwidth and draining resources.

Hero

Proposal:

Where do I sign up for this?

This will not be enough for me to resubscribe, but it would be a step forward. Hopefully Turbine takes note and doesn't make me jump back 3 spaces.

Proposal:

+2

I like this idea.

Assuming that you correctly balance the awards at the end of sagas so that people do not have to run a zillion sagas in order to TR and that you come up with some sort of mechanism that is slightly better then the use shards to skip quests so that someone does not have to run every single quest if they do not want to and add a few more sagas for other epic quests like house D, House K, and House P as I said earlier I am fully behind this proposal. I am sure that the many people that left DDO who were bored out of their minds due to the necessity of farming the same quest or challenge would be behind this proposal as well. Stand tall in the face of this criticism, make a few changes to the system, and implement it for the good of DDO.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Thumbs down

I run a series of quests and get something additional from an NPC is how I think they work. If there's more to it, I've not been able to figure it out.

I find it not easy at all. It's confusing to look through a wall-of-text dialog while trying to add up totals for something that you then have to scroll around that wall-of-text to find. And then you still are not sure what exactly you might get if you did achieve some arbitrary level of something.

Frankly, I'm pretty much ignoring sagas because they are detriment to grouping with my friends and running quests as we see fit in an ad-hoc fashion, based on what is fun and entertaining in DDO. Delineating which quests have to be avoided or specifically done on what level of difficulty to achieve some over-arching goal is just too anti-social and impactful on my adventuring in DDO.
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by systern View Post
    1) the difference between the faerun and eberron campaign settings should be a matter of theme and lore, not game mechanics.

2) you've done it before, you can do it again...

Proposal:
    Eliminate fragments of tokens of the 12.
    Change tokens of the 12/epic dungeon tokens into commendations of valor, which are bta.
    Change greater tokens of the twelve/epic raid tokens into commendations of heroism.
    Change heroic commendations into commendations of heroism.
    Adjust pricing on flawless dragonscale and pdk favor rewards appropriately.

Drop commendations of valor in smallish quantities throughout all epic chests in all epic content.
    Include larger bounties of commendations as a saga reward option.

Commendations of heroism should drop in all epic raids.

This gives players a unified epic experience.
    This does not obsolete approximately one third of the quests in the epic experience. (only 48 of the current 67 epic quests are part of a saga.) it does not obsolete carnival, sentinels, red fens, or von from the epic experience.
    I presume that the barter interfaces can take commendations of that (programmatic) class as ingredients, much like the crafting interfaces can take equipment. So lahar can take v-comms for augments.
    This preserves the work done to introduce the double-click a v-comm to get a heart dialog.
    This does not devalue the other saga end rewards offerings. (who would take the xp, when it's required to build up v-comms? "rewards" should be rewarding, not "tough choices" skill tome vs tring)
    does not punish veteran players for accumulating wealth. New currency each update is like the stock market crashing every 3 months. Everyone goes broke. Everyone starts over.

This requires a minimal of coding into legacy code; although changing token fragments and tokens to relative values of commendations may not be trivial. (though should be relatively small)
    i'm not sure how chests rewards are set. If every epic chest has a specific entry for a range of fragments to drop, it may be labor intensive to adjust every epic chest in the game. (though, realistically, there's 69* of them. 67 + 2 new u20 ones)
    ^ this!

+1

Community Member

Proposal:

I like your idea except for one thing. Its not that "labor intensive". The token fragments have a set range of drop rate. They could just replace the name: Commendation of Valor = Token Fragments of the Twelve.
    Some1 else had suggested it already before: You could just take 100 commendations of valor to have the same value as 100 tokens fragments of the twelve. Therefore, 2000 commendations of valor = 2000 token fragments (= 20 tokens = 1 True Heart). For Epic and Iconic hearts, this could be adjusted upwardly as in 3500 commendations of valor = 1 Iconic, and 4500 = 1 Epic heart.

Therefore, they would just have to rename the token/token fragments of the twelve (as u suggested) and add the commendations of valor into the loot tables of the quests. copy paste it even from Eberron epics, depending on length, even EHvon3 gives "only" ~70 token frags and i would not go above that unless its Epic Elite.

Completionists: Heroic 42/42, Epic 36/36, "Iconic" 15/15

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast