Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ayseifn View Post
    I also doubt they're placeholder, why require 2k comms and then have sagas dropping 500 each unless you really want to sell more bags?
    Copper coins from ES challenges said hi. At least, before the last patch cut.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Cordovan - the augments are low-level and not-end game from the tokens.

Essentially, that's now a dead currency. There may be one or two things in that mix you would want to buy (might be easier to get heavy fort that way) but otherwise, they are dead.
    I think they will be on the same step as GH relics. Except they have a much lower drop rate than relics.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Default fail!

I checked the calendar. Today is not April 1st. Whoever came up with with idea needs to be fired. The only acceptable answer is to make Comm. of Valor BTA. Every epic quest in addition to Saga end reword needs to drop 20-70 Comm. of Value depending on difficulty. Saga reword needs to be 300/400/500/600 for normal, hard, elite, true elite.
    The time commitment needed to reincarnate needs to stay the same as current. I.E. 15-25 10min quests for Heroic True Reincarnate. 30 for Iconic, 40 for Epic.
    Otherwise, this game no longer worth playing.
    Shriners

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    i really REAAALLLLLYYY hope this is a mistake/placeholder values... otherwise... no offense, but srsly *** you smokin'???
    We've seen placeholder numbers before. We're told that the XP in quests on Lamannia are always placeholders, yet its the exact number we get when it goes live. I'm pretty sure this is WAI.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    We've seen placeholder numbers before. We're told that the XP in quests on Lamannia are always placeholders, yet its the exact number we get when it goes live. I'm pretty sure this is WAI.
    10 bucks says they come back, see all the negative feedback, declare it not WAI.

Which will be ******** as I am almost positive they released it with the high numbers hoping for mixed reviews, leaving "It's not WAI" or "Placeholder, will be adjusted TBD for live" as fallback excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    10 bucks says they come back, see all the negative feedback, declare it not WAI.

Which will be ******** as I am almost positive they released it with the high numbers hoping for mixed reviews, leaving "It's not WAI" or "Placeholder, will be adjusted TBD for live" as fallback excuses.
    Even if they multiply the number by a factor of 10, it is still not acceptable. It means you have to run the quest chain 11 quests in all 5 times to true reincarnate.
    Shriners

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldais View Post
    Even if they multiply the number by a factor of 10, it is still not acceptable. It means you have to run the quest chain 11 quests in all 5 times to true reincarnate.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldais View Post
    I checked the calendar. Today is not April 1st. Whoever came up with with idea needs to be fired. The only acceptable answer is to make Comm. of Valor BTA. Every epic quest in addition to Saga end reword needs to drop 20-70 Comm. of Value depending on difficulty. Saga reword needs to be 300/400/500/600 for normal, hard, elite, true elite.
    The time commitment needed to reincarnate needs to stay the same as current. I.E. 15-25 10min quests for Heroic True Reincarnate. 30 for Iconic, 40 for Epic.
    Otherwise, this game no longer worth playing.
    +1

Has there been a single player on this thread supporting this idea, Turbine?

We already know that you rarely change things once they hit Lamannia, but the player base is unanimous. If this goes live, you are making a huge, huge mistake.

We are not stupid. We can all see a cash grab when it smacks us in the face, as what you are doing is basically forcing people to use Turbine points to buy these hearts.

Add a new system, that's fine. But don't take away the token turn-ins. Why screw with something that people are happy with and that is working?

Also- it looks like we are now getting a glimpse of the true reason that sagas were introduced... it was never about getting a nice fluffy reward. It was a way to introduce this.... monstrosity of an idea.

Seriously BAD move here, Turbine.

There's one audience you hit with this badly, and that is F2P players without enough packs to do Sagas on Epic, especially those coming off VIP subscriptions (and VIPs can't buy adventure packs while VIP, last I checked.)

Before, we could at least grind out the Lords of Dust chain for tokens and fragments. It's slow, but possible to earn a TR heart that way.

Now you've pretty much made it impossible for F2P accounts to do any kind of reincarnation without either buying the hearts from the store, or buying a ton of packs. This is a blatant money grab.

Put TR hearts BACK in the Twelve!
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier :.
    .: Inamorata (Heroic Completionist) / Signalmixer (TR3) (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 / Darqchylde / Rashree (TR) / Arising :.
    .: Groundloop (TR4) / Lainiel (TR2) / Zephale (Vorpal Princess) / Aurachylde / Torrynn :.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Why screw with something that people are happy with and that is working?
    Random Dev has a sparkly dream of leaving his mark on the game and thinks "this new idea" will be the thing that vaults him or her into greatness. I suspect that is the reason for every (okay probably more like 80%) asinine idea we have ever seen them try to foist off on us.

That being said, turbine, take note: Your fanbois have not even defended this.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 10-18-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

There is nothing I can say or do to defend this game or company anymore. It's just not worth my effort. It sucks when you really like a game but it has become impossible to encourage friends or family to play it with you because you know all that they will get out of it is frustration and anger. No time to fix broken things when we can break the things that were not yet broken. DDO's glory days are far behind it. The horse that this once great game rode into town on never made it out alive. It got slowly beaten to death over the last few years until it's frame was malnourished and a skeleton of it's former self. Way to go Turbine yet another great accomplishment. It's almost to the point where we just need to take down the flag and turn out the lights. Lately I feel like a frog in a pot as the temperature slowly rises.

It's really sad that what ever good will Turbine might have gotten out of it's proposed Raider's Reward Box it somehow managed to probably undue with this change before it could even get the Raider's Reward Boxes out to the player community.

Community Member

Every time I think Turbine can't possibly demonstrate that it's even more out of touch with its playerbase than they did with the last boneheaded move, I'm wrong.

It's quite amazing. We're starting to get into "couldn't mess things up more if they tried" territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    With Update 20 and the upcoming new types of Reincarnation, we’re adding additional value to Epic Sagas and updating the method of acquiring True Hearts of Wood to better fit with our current content and level cap.

Epic Sagas will allow you to earn Commendations of Valor that can be spent on the following rewards:

• Heroic True Hearts of Wood
    • Iconic True Hearts of Wood
    • Epic Hearts of Wood

The number of Commendations you earn will increase if you challenge yourself and earn higher difficulty Saga rewards.

With these changes, the old “endgame” route of earning Reincarnations has been retired. Heroic True Hearts of Wood will no longer be available from the Epic vendor in The Twelve.
    I can appreciate the sentiment behind modernizing content and streamlining epics away from the old system.

Don't you dare force us to use your new bull**** broken system.

Point blank, period, end of story. Epic tokens WORK. Remind me again how many times you've had to take Sagas down since you released them? remind me, on the other hand, the last time something broke with Epic tokens? Not to mention the moving of the goalposts. Sagas by their nature require running multiple quests. Running 5 Sagas on EH should be reasonable for a heart of wood to TR. Running dozens and dozens on EE is not.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    Has there been a single player on this thread supporting this idea, Turbine?
    I've seen some people attracted to the idea of working on their hearts via Sagas.

Personally I have nothing against that idea. If they want to have that as an option, go for it. What I am absolutely and completely against is them removing our other option, that is what is horribly wrong with this.

Angry

I doubt Turbine is looking for feedback here, this is so far out there this is one of those Troll threads to keep the ants under the Magnifying glass.. SUCH a bad decision, I do not know what's worse the excessive use of BTC or the completely UNREALISTIC amounts of time they expect people to play to get one stinkin Epic wood./not signed and very unhappy
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post

My response to this:

All the stupid decisions by Turbine lately and now they make an even dumber one.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

How does one respond to something so ludicrous without getting banned?

No raid in update 20.. thats known already.

I wont be TRing anymore... and Epic Reincarnation is less than exciting from what we've seen so far as well...

Its been a good 7 1/2 years for the most part. If this goes live anywhere near this, I'll be counting the days till "Spring 2014 release"
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member darkly_dreaming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    If this goes live anywhere near this, I'll be counting the days till "Spring 2014 release"
    +1

I'd had the same thought when I first read about this change. It's unfortunate.
    Goddess, you know it baybee!
    Zealotry ~ Zealot ~ Zeal ~ Chanteuse : +5 to Sexterity, Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromuro View Post
    P.S: Besides Zealotry's voice is charming/mesmerizing and i bet she is a witch or a succubus disguised.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I appreciate you're trying to create an end-game of saga running. That's cool - I'm a genuine fan and think you should also consider adding tomes and unique % chance items to the saga loot tables.

I also appreciate that dupe-a-poolooza 2013 has made it reasonable to greatly devalue Tokens of the Twelve. That's understandable (albeit very frustrating for people with large, legitimate stockpiles).

Having said that, removing our existing ability to heroically TR without much grind is going to make substantial numbers of people quit. Taking away things people already have annoys them.

There's some name for the phenomenon about how much greater the emotional magnitude we feel about losing $20 is vs the emotional magnitude of finding $20.

Please consider a combination of the following:
    - greatly decreasing the cost for heroic true hearts of wood (read "~40-50 commendations").
    - greatly increasing the number of commendations given as a reward (read "x15-20").
    - giving everyone multiple free hearts of all kinds to shut us up for a while.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by merridyan View Post
    My response to this:

All the stupid decisions by Turbine lately and now they make an even dumber one.
    My 6 Month sub just renewed 3 days ago.. figures...

might as well give em a few days to back off this incredibly bad idea... or at least fix it... before I cancel.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast