Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We’d love to hear your feedback after running Sagas on Lamannia and seeing how things work. Remember that Reincarnation is not yet ready for preview, however. Thanks!
    I don't need to run them on Lamannia, I'm running a couple of Saga's on live, (at least the ones that can be completed since The End of the Road is closed last I heard, shutting down over half of the Saga's).

At the current rate I'd expect to get enough of these "shiny new things Turbine wants us to salivate over" to both Epic Reincarnate and Heroic True Reincarnate from Running 1 Saga.

The fact that the "shiny new things Turbine wants us to salivate over" are going to be BtC is frankly a slap in the face as well.

At least let us convert Tokens of the twelve into the "shiny new things Turbine wants us to salivate over".

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

I am not going to say anything about this because I will be banned for it.

Stoner81.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Yeah, i dont believe you.

I think Dilbert works in Turbine.
    You mean Pointy Haired Manager. Dilbert is actually logical and reasonable.

Default Seriously?

This is a BS move that is gonna kill the game. DO this and you will put the nail the coffin. I don't want to run a zillion quests to get enough BTC **** to get a heart. I am also not gonna spend money every time I want to tr to get one from the store. It is real simple, leave you new system in place, but keep the 12 option as well. Otherwise, you are just going lose players.

So what's up with Crucible? You remove it from flagging, making it an optional quest if you want to do the Saga, but now the Saga is required if you want to reincarnate, making it a required quest again, unless you have either of the expansions.

We’d love to hear your feedback after running Sagas on Lamannia and seeing how things work. Remember that Reincarnation is not yet ready for preview, however. Thanks!
    You've got to be kidding. I'm not running an entire Saga on Lamannia just to look at how many Comms I get. I've run Sagas on Live already, I know the gameplay involved in earning a Saga reward.

I'll summarize my feedback here, although I left it in the announcement thread as well. Sorry for the double work, Squeak, but it appears Lama wasn't quite ready for TR feedback since it's not enabled yet. But this change is a huge part of the system.

1) BTC is a punishing change, especially for Heroic TR (which is the only change, the rest are new and didn't exist before). It's been said enough times before me. Please reconsider, or at least provide a calm, considered response that explains the goals this change helps achieve. Specifically to the BtC aspect, not TR changes in general.

2) The numbers involved in the comms are absurd. There's no reason for the numbers to be 900/2000 instead of 90/200 or even 9/20. The downside is that Ingredient Bags only hold stacks of certain sizes. Large bags only hold 2500; it seems reasonable we may have much more than that on our way back to level cap. So having the numbers scaled in this manner is punitive on our inventory, which is already squeezed enough. Trust me, if you're offering more BtC inventory space for sale, you'll sell it without adding new stuff to fill it up.

3) Quests that are not part of sagas would not participate in the new TR system. This is a majority of the epic quests available. There's only 3 quests that are currently both part of a saga and giving tokens of the twelve; that's the web of chaos chain. There's not a lot of overlap right now.

Suggestion:

1) Cut the numbers on your new comms by a factor of 10 at least, or 100 if at all possible.

2) Leave tokens of the twelve able to buy heroic hearts only. Use your new system for the new hearts.

2a) If you really, really want to move fully to the new system, do it in a transition. First introduce the new system for new hearts. Also offer heroic hearts for comms. Then, begin introducing sagas that include the existing epic quests. Once all the epics (or most of them) are part of sagas, THEN phase out using tokens for heroic hearts. But don't do that, because...BtC is sadface.

3) Don't make the new ingredients BtC, make them BtA. In that case, call them something else, because all the other Commendations are BtC. Not really necessary if you keep the heroic hearts available from BtC tokens.

Epic level Saga rewards now include the option to select "Commendations of Valor:"
    So only way to get them is sagas? if so: fail the sagas are just too annoying to be the only source.

if you can get them for normal questing too in reasonable numbers(same relative as you get tokens of the twelve then ok)

Commendations of Valor are a Bound to Character currency which fit in the Ingredient Bag.
    Bound to character: big fail. There are way too many bound to character things in the game.

If you remove the Commendations of Valor from your ingredient bag and doubleclick on them, a shop interface will open in which you can spend your Commendations of Valor for the following rewards:
    Heroic True Heart of Wood (Bound to Character) currently requires 900 Commendations of Valor on Lamannia.
    Iconic True Heart of Wood (Bound to Character) currently requires 1150 Commendations of Valor on Lamannia.
    Epic Heart of Wood (Bound to Character) currently requires 2000 Commendations of Valor on Lamannia.
    Good, if the drop rates of the commendations from non sagas are good enough to get them fast and they are not

True Hearts of Wood are no longer available at The Twelve.
    Total fail: in effect you are making the tokens worthless.

So in short you are saying: You can only TR without paying Turbine points by playing the character above way above level 20. And only by playing stupid sagas ON THAT CHARACTER.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Here's my non-actionable feedback: Just the idea of this sucks. I can't even begin to imagine how terribly you folks will mess up the execution.
    I think I will agree.

Reserving final judgement until I see the saga payouts.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I try to keep playing this game as it is but you guys are just raising the bar too high for me.... I can't even say anything more without getting a vacation..... Ridiculous Turbine.

With Update 20 and the upcoming new types of Reincarnation, we’re adding additional value to Epic Sagas and updating the method of acquiring True Hearts of Wood to better fit with our current content and level cap.

Epic Sagas will allow you to earn Commendations of Valor that can be spent on the following rewards:

• Heroic True Hearts of Wood
    • Iconic True Hearts of Wood
    • Epic Hearts of Wood

The number of Commendations you earn will increase if you challenge yourself and earn higher difficulty Saga rewards.

With these changes, the old “endgame” route of earning Reincarnations has been retired. Heroic True Hearts of Wood will no longer be available from the Epic vendor in The Twelve.

To answer a couple of your questions:

• Tokens of the Twelve are not being removed, and will still be usable at The Twelve to purchase a variety of Augments, as they do now.
    • Any True Hearts of Wood you currently have are still able to be used after Update 20.

Ran through epic Normal Web of Chaos / Sschindylryn / Demon Web.

Paid to upgrade to epic hard reward.

17 commendations.

That's doing that saga on Epic hard 118 times for an Epic Heart.
    Doing it 53 Times to get a Heroic heart.
    68 Times for an Iconic Heart.

Doing the saga 171 times to get both an Epic and Heroic heart. That's doing 9 of the 11 quests, skipping one as VIP, and paying to skip another. Hark, Ye be listening to long arse cinematics 1539 times per Epic/Heroic incarnation.

Feedback: Those better g'd well better be placeholder values and not go live.
    The fact that they're BtC sucks. If I'm miserable doing a barb life or something, the only recourse is to pay you or stop playing.
    The fact that if I cap one character and don't intend to TR, it is detrimental to keep playing her because I can't pool my playtime to advancing other characters.
    YAFC (Yet Another Friggin Currency) is not the solution to the problem of the developers being unable to create a viable economy with adequate, appropriate, non-punitive resource drains.
    We begged for a year to get estar challenge mats BtA, how quickly you forget what your customers want.

Also note: the game no longer finds the Custom UI skins folder. It loaded my key mapping just fine, but can't find the Blackbird skin or any of the others I've installed.

Terrible change, even more if these new comendations of valor are btc. Really every thing you do turbine since motu only make the game worst. I only keep playing cauz i am addicted... but really i can get addicted to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    You mean Pointy Haired Manager. Dilbert is actually logical and reasonable.
    Maj is Dilbert, FoS is Wally, Glin is the PHB, Tolero can be Alice i guess, Dogbert runs Warner Bros.

Suddenly all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post

17 commendations.

Doing the saga 171 times to get both an Epic and Heroic heart. That's doing 9 of the 11 quests, skipping one as VIP, and paying to skip another. Hark, Ye be listening to long arse cinematics 1539 times per Epic/Heroic incarnation.

The fact that they're BtC sucks. If I'm miserable doing a barb life or something, the only recourse is to pay you or stop playing.
    The fact that if I cap one character and don't intend to TR, it is detrimental to keep playing her because I can't pool my playtime to advancing other characters.
    YAFC (Yet Another Friggin Currency) is not the solution to the problem of the developers being unable to create a viable economy with adequate, appropriate, non-punitive resource drains.
    We begged for a year to get estar challenge mats BtA, how quickly you forget what your customers want.

Also note: the game no longer finds the Custom UI skins folder. It loaded my key mapping just fine, but can't find the Blackbird skin or any of the others I've installed.

If it goes live like this? /endgame

Crazy!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post

Stoner81.
    Agreed.

Way to go, Turbine. (that was sarcasm. Normally I wouldn't have to tell people that, but, well, just.... just... who's riding that sinking ship to the bottom anyway, throw him off?)

17 commendations.

TURBINE AT ITS BEST!!!

I want some of the stuff the guy responsible of this mess smokes.... for therapeutical purposes dont get me wrong.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    TURBINE AT ITS BEST!!!

I want some of the stuff the guy responsible of this mess smokes.... for therapeutical purposes dont get me wrong.
    I doubt it's smoking. The way things have been going with the game in the last year or so, he/she was picked up by gripping the softspot as an infant.

17 commendations.

Hahahahahahaha, brilliant! You've done it again Turbine!

/snip
    Thanks for doing that, that's just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post

Stoner81.
    Double isn't enough, we need something more...

17 commendations.
    Damn, I thought it would be like 50 or so, since I know turbine and their bad ideas, but 17 for eh, that surprised even me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Damn, I thought it would be like 50 or so, since I know turbine and their bad ideas, but 17 for eh, that surprised even me.
    Even 50 is completely terrible, sagas are like 15 quests. So you'd need to run like 600 quests for a single heart, all BtC.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast