Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New way to acquire the new Hearts of Wood, TR Hearts of Wood no longer avaible at 12

NEW: Epic level Saga rewards now include the option to select "Commendations of Valor:"
    Commendations of Valor are a currency which fit in the Ingredient Bag.
    If you remove the Commendations of Valor from your ingredient bag and doubleclick on them, a shop interface will open in which you can spend your Commendations of Valor for the following rewards:
    Heroic True Heart of Wood
    Iconic True Heart of Wood
    Epic Heart of Wood
    True Hearts of Wood are no longer available at The Twelve.

I just don't understand why they would remove the THoW from the Twelve. There will be zero reasons to run them now and togheter with them, Cannith Challenges [which are only run for Favor or (mostly) for quick tokens].

Keep it both?

UPDATE 1:

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    • Completing an Epic Saga will grant Commendations of Valor. The amount depends on the Saga and the difficulties you ran the individual quests on (like other Saga rewards). I have not checked how many Commendations of Valor each Saga grants.
    • Double clicking on a Commendation of Valor brings up a Barter UI with the following options:
      • Heroic True Heart of Wood - 900 Commendations of Valor
      • Iconic True Heart of Wood - 1150 Commendations of Valor
      • Epic Heart of Wood - 2000 Commendations of Valor
    • All Hearts of Wood obtained through the Commendations of Valor are Bound to Character.
    UPDATE 2: Thanks to Systern, number of commendation got for an Epic Hard saga HERE
    Last edited by Wizza; 10-19-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Community Member

So what am I gonna use tokens for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    NEW: Epic level Saga rewards now include the option to select "Commendations of Valor:"
    Commendations of Valor are a currency which fit in the Ingredient Bag.
    If you remove the Commendations of Valor from your ingredient bag and doubleclick on them, a shop interface will open in which you can spend your Commendations of Valor for the following rewards:
    Epic Heart of Wood

Honestly, I like it.

I just don't understand why they would remove the THoW from the Twelve. There will be zero reasons to run them now and togheter with them, Cannith Challenges [which are only run for Favor or (mostly) for quick tokens].

Keep it both?
    I like this new system in theory. It gives sagas another useful reward, especially if you have a level 100 guild and are maxed on xp and tomes. It is a bit worrysome that there is no free to play way to get heroic hearts anymore. Stock up before the update hits if you want to heroic TR for a while. I wonder if the tokens of the twelve will have any new uses or if they are perhaps trying to phase them out. It all comes down to what the exchange rate is on these new trade ins. If I earn one commendation per saga and need 300 to buy a heart, it's pretty much worthless.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    So what am I gonna use tokens for now?
    You use them to stock on THoW before U20 drops

Are Commendations of Valor BtC or BtA? Most saga rewards are BtC.
    Are the various Hearts of Wood BtC or BtA?

I'm not thrilled at the removal of heroic Hearts from tokens of the twelve, it seems unnecessary. But if the new method does not provide a way to get Character A hearts without letting Character B do the farming, then that's a huge change for a lot of players. I know a lot of people who use one character for TR, and one character for Epic, and let the epic character gain the tokens for the TR to keep TRing. If you have to stay at Epic for a while to earn up enough comms to TR, that's going to be big change, and for no obvious purpose.

So now we can only get hearts via Gianthold and Underdark?
    I don't approve.

no bueno
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Default Very unhappy

I don't want to have to run ANY epics in my completionist grind! Period.

I have tokens-I earn tokens with one character, and use them on my completionist.

VERY UNHAPPY - because it reads that the only way to get free in game TR wood is by playing content I don't play cause it slows me down.

So going to make me buy the wood?

I would stock up - but the in game token version doesn't stack and is BtC.

Kindly keep the tokens and allow us to continue using them for Heroic TR wood!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Epic level Saga rewards now include the option to select "Commendations of Valor:"

Epic Heart of Wood
    So the Epic Sagas allow us to get Hearts of Wood...cool...are these BTA or BTC? I also see a distinct lack of LR in this list...whats the in-game way to get LRs

Oh...so those Tokens of the Twelve my friends and I have been collecting so we can TR are useless now?

Every character now receives a free LR +0 token in their inventory on character creation or first login for existing characters.
    Two Questions:

1. Does this overwrite the current free LR everyone gets when you speak to Kruz
    2. If you've already used that free LR do you still get the LR+0 Heart?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I am not in favor of this change. What would I use tokens for if I can't buy a TR wood with them?

Also, I personally do not like the sagas. I feel like they are too much work for too little reward. So if I have to run sagas to get the stuff to buy a heart of wood in game then I guess I won't be TRing what so ever anymore since I don't see them worth the points either. I do find the TR wood worth the 20 tokens though.

I feel like the game is getting less and less about fun and more and more about trying to dangle a carrot in your face to get you to run stuff.

Just my opinion.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

So the only way to get hearts now is to buy content? Not a smart move, honestly.

We already have ZERO use for Greater tokens of 12, now the primary use for Tokens of the 12 is removed. The secondaries... we can get mediocre augments, or we can spend less time and get much better augments with one run of an FoT. BRILLIANT! (do note that is sarcasim there.)

Turbine, you are doing it once again. Instead of fully fleshing out existing systems, you are leaving them half assed. To quote my mother "If you are going to do something half assed, don't even bother." You are consisting making a new system for nearly every release instead of refining what does exist. You are building spaghetti and confusion into your game and that is NOT a good thing when you want people to spend money on you.

I realize, however, that you are going to go through with this any way. So a suggestion for the Tokens of 12.
    20 tokens can buy you a +1 skill tome of your choice.
    40 tokens can buy you a +1->+2 skill tome of your choice.
    60 tokens + 10 Greater Tokens can buy you a +2->+3 skill tome of your choice.
    80 tokens + 20 Greater Tokens can buy you a +3->+4 skill tome of your choice.
    100 tokens + 30 Greater Tokens can buy you a +4->+5 skill tome of your choice.

BIG FAT THUMBS DOWN

The value of the Challenge Packs just went through the floor, since the XP got nerfed to hell the only thing they were good for was token farming

Tokens were BtA, if the new stuff is BtC that's a kick in the ding ding...

If we have to turn all our tokens into Hearts before U20 hits that's going to cause a MAJOR inventory strain as tokens stack and hearts don't.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    BIG FAT THUMBS DOWN

The value of the Challenge Packs just went through the floor, since the XP got nerfed to hell the only thing they were good for was token farming

Tokens were BtA, if the new stuff is BtC that's a kick in the ding ding...

If we have to turn all our tokens into Hearts before U20 hits that's going to cause a MAJOR inventory strain as tokens stack and hearts don't.
    Yeah, they just killed their own pack of Cannith Challenges.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Yeah, they just killed their own pack of Cannith Challenges.
    Yeap, because they never fixed that system for the higher levels. Can't create the base item needed. Half assed job.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Meh, this is not nice. I like sagas for the extra fluff, I don't like being forced to play them to TR.

I thought they said they weren't removing tokens for TR? Or did I get that wrong?
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Who does your taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I thought they said they weren't removing tokens for TR? Or did I get that wrong?
    They said they were keeping an in game way to acquire hearts of wood. Didn't say how before now.

Turbine does it again. They add a feature that allows you another way to earn a tr giving people an option. Then they remove the old way taking away choice. Great job!

If you want people to buy the expansion, make the quests give above average xp.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kmankowski View Post
    They said they were keeping an in game way to acquire hearts of wood. Didn't say how before now.
    Ah, my bad. Should've known better with Turbine.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

This is another example of corporate greed at work: squeeze every last penny out of the end user. Almost anything they gave away for free is being changed to pay-for, and VIP looks worse and worse as an option.

I'd be a lot more for this idea, if there were more sagas that included the Eberron epics. If Turbine wanted to avoid the negativity they should have first introduced additional Sagas and then implemented this new means to get Hearts. As it stands now, with only GH and FR content having Sagas its questionable as to how committed to the Saga idea Turbine is, it could go the way of Challenges and Crafting for all we know.

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast