Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

i have a quick question.

to tr under the new system do i have to own the hall of heroes?

if this has been asked before i do appologise as i must of missed it.

thankyou for help

your friend sil

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

no you can enter it from Eveningstar and Eberron.

Being VIP or owning it just means that you can use the buttons at character selection to go straight to one side or the other.
    ( which is pointless most of the time as you'll first have to get Ship Buffs.... Which are Eberron based... And it takes way longer to logout and back in than to use the Key or just run there.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    no you can enter it from Eveningstar and Eberron.

Being VIP or owning it just means that you can use the buttons at character selection to go straight to one side or the other.
    ( which is pointless most of the time as you'll first have to get Ship Buffs.... Which are Eberron based... And it takes way longer to logout and back in than to use the Key or just run there.
    ok thankyou for clearing that up for me.

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by BMurph View Post
    I pray that this is just some early random value and not an intended one. If I have to run 53 sagas to just get a single heroic TR, I'd probably never TR again.
    I've very little doubt they'll drop the requirements down significantly. If not this patch then next one after they see the fallout.

Their current premise of ripping out an existing system to add value to a new one however, is fundamentally flawed, and I do doubt after seeing similar <insert several expletives here> that that will be altered beyond a few tweaks here and there.

I certainly hope I'm wrong on the latter score.

Community Member

if you want to use that stupid saga system...
    at least leave the ability to get an heroic heart of wood with 20 epic tokens....

if you want to make the iconic tr and the epic tr available in game only with saga system... i am fine... just leave the possibility to earn heroic tr wood with epic tokens.

Default To put it bluntly..

Sagas for hearts=big steamy bag of $h1t

There have been many other good suggestions...I'm just writing what I think, at the very least, would make this far less annoying...

Can run one saga on EE and get a heroic heart...twice on EH...three times on EN (maybe). Maybe a 2nd round for an epic heart.
    There would need to be more sagas, of course, Ebberon House Sagas sound like a great place to start.

New money in epic chests, too.

New money is BtA.

I get that they want to get rid of epic tokens. Epic tokens are already like Milton getting moved to the basement and not getting paid, just holding onto his red swingline stapler...or cannith challenges are Milton, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    There have been many other good suggestions...I'm just writing what I think, at the very least, would make this far less annoying...

Can run one saga on EE and get a heroic heart...twice on EH...three times on EN (maybe). Maybe a 2nd round for an epic heart.
    There would need to be more sagas, of course, Ebberon House Sagas sound like a great place to start.

New money in epic chests, too.

New money is BtA.

I get that they want to get rid of epic tokens. Epic tokens are already like Milton getting moved to the basement and not getting paid, just holding onto his red swingline stapler...or cannith challenges are Milton, whatever.
    This would be the only way I could accept the new system and the removal of the hearts from the twelve.
    This would be similar to the current grind for a heart. Anything less than this and I will be forced to quit probably. Theres no way I am going to buy a heart from the store or run 100s of quests every time I want to TR.

Community Member

Default Making Lemonade out of Lemons

Here is an idea that would fix a number of issues that have been brought up in this thread and also solve the long running issue of not being able to get Epic Tokens from FR Epic content. This idea would also simplify the whole issue.

1 - Change Epic Tokens to Commendations of Valor on a one to one basis.
    2 - Change Raid Tokens to Commendations of Valor on a XXX to one basis.
    3 - Change Token Fragments to Fragments of Valor.
    4 - Allow conversion of 100 Fragments of Valor to 1 Commendation of Valor.
    5 - Add Commendations of Valor/Fragments of Valor to Epic FR content just like Eberron content.
    6 - Change the in game vendors (like in the twelve) to jive with the name changes.
    7 - Give items that required Raid Tokens a price in Commendation of Valor.
    8 - Just like with Epic Tokens, allow plays to turn challenge ingredients into Commendation of Valor.
    9 - Keep the price of Heroic True HoW at 20 Commendations of Valor.
    10 - Set price of Iconic True HoW to 25 Commendations of Valor and Epic HoW to 40 Commendations of Valor.

Please help me improve on this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Sagas for hearts=big steamy bag of $h1t
    +1. Very transparent cash grab that will push people out of the game. Why invest so much work in a new TR system and then force people to buy hearts. Ridiculous.

What is (was?) wrong with the tokens? They worked. The community was comfortable with them. They were an additional feature to all Eberron packs that had epic content. Sure, you could say that players just farmed one or two quests over and over, but that was their choice; emphasis on choice. Players could choose how they got their tokens. I chose to run a variety of quests. I chose not to run the challenges. It was my choice.

Now they bring out this Saga thing and instead of making it another option, they eliminate the other options and make it mandatory.
    What is wrong with having both? It would be another option and regardless of if you like it or not, you couldn't complain about having more options.

You see where I'm going with this? I like choice. I don't like losing options.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Squeak, Can you fill the AH with Shadowfell Random loot items???
    Back up account to "Buttkierownsmade"

I am Titan.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default NO to another new currency, NO to removing the old system of buying True Hearts

From Glin, DDO Senior Producer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glin View Post
    I am looking forward to providing everyone with the design details of proposed changes to the Reincarnation system in the coming weeks. Before we start rolling out the fact sheets and dev discussions, I intend to get in front of some of the greater concerns that players (and developers) have raised regarding our prior proposal for Epic Reincarnation.

To get to the point: We have really changed direction from what was previously proposed; and I for one am very pleased that the systems team has taken that direction from 'power from pain' to something more palatable, like 'rewarded for efforts.'

~E
    The removal of the current ability to purchase True Hearts of Wood via Tokens of the Twelve feels like the pain Glin said you were taking us away from. Not only have we players become accustomed to the old system, but if we have banked Tokens of the Twelve that we've previously earned for the express purpose of funding future True Reincarnations this proposed change will instantly devalue that currency and that feels more like "pain", not "rewarded for effort."

The new currency of Commendations of Valor is more of what we already have...too many currencies. We have platinum, we have collectables, we have astral shards, we have a different currency for each of the different item upgrade types in the game (Unraveling Enchantments; Dampened; Fusible/Malleable/Fragmented/Battle-Scarred; Trace of Madness; Suppressed Power; Nearly Finished; Upgradeable Item (Stormreaver); Upgradable Item (Black Abbot); Attuned to Heroism / Armor Upgrade / Cormyrian Dragon Armor), we have Tokens of the Twelve, we have epic scrolls/shards/seals, we have Cannith Crafting essences, we have dragon scales, we have relics, and did I miss any (probably)?

Should you go ahead with the new Commendations of Valor: 1) Keep the current Tokens of the Twelve True Heart of Wood purchase system too. 2) The current Commendations costs for Hearts of Wood as listed are astronomically too high'. 3) There should be MANY more saga's in the game incorporating many more quests and packs, thus providing more options of what to play through to earn the hearts of wood.

AzB said it very well, so I end my post by quoting their post in part:
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    ... this current idea of removing the 20 token for a heart of wood requirement and replacing it with an incredible number of another new form of currency is baffling. This takes making TR'ing a bit more difficult to an extreme that I would never have imagined.

I'm not sure what your long term plan for the game is, (I hope you have one!) but this constant changing of current systems while leaving older systems, including the latest release, full of bugs and unfinished features and systems is just plain bad business.

...Please keep up the good work, I really do enjoy the wonderful aspects of the game and I hope to keep playing for a long time. But stop creating new systems and fix the ones you already have.
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Speaking of the TR system on the Preview server is it closed, TR only that is. I mean I go to the orb guy thing and aske for more info and says nothing just closes the discussion
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by AmiSouthpaw View Post
    Speaking of the TR system on the Preview server is it closed, TR only that is. I mean I go to the orb guy thing and aske for more info and says nothing just closes the discussion
    In red.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Hellos!

We just brought Lamannia down so we can add some more things! Lamannia should be back up around 2pm Eastern (GMT -4).

We will focus on the Update 20 Quests this week since Reincarnation is not yet ready for preview.

I'll update the Release Notes and Known Issues in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiSouthpaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Reincarnation:

• We are in the process of reworking Reincarnation, so it currently does not function properly. Please do not Reincarnate at this time.
    Pretty much says it all, yes?

ahh missed that one thanks for showing me going to go hide in a corner now
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all

Community Member

Number 1 reason this is a really bad idea. They will create a huge disconnect between end game people and new players. The new player will find it almost impossible to catch up to the 3x completionist. Who is the 3x completionist suppose to play with, everytime one of his high level friends quits he has one less person to group with. Instead of refilling the ranks with new players, you make the jouney impossible.

Just a thought that might make both sides happy.
    Keep commendations for ITR/ETR.
    For a TR, add 10 or 20 tokens to the cost of a heart. So 30-40 tokens instead of 20. This would push more people into purchasing hearts (the money they so want to make). It still leaves the avenue we are comfortable with, just now it takes more effort. That might actually make me consider buying a heart or two when I feel lazy, but I still would farm for most. With commendations replacing tokens I might just quit.

Other possibilities that might soften the blow, if they are going to do this. Add a heart of wood to bigby's and Otto's boxes.
    Lower the costs of hearts to 800 points, that way 3x completionist would cost about $300 (I could see spending this much over two years + a few random other things I might buy).
    Make store hearts dropable. Wouldn't be so bad if I could pay $2milpp for one.
    Last edited by doawithlife; 10-24-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234