Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

After updating, the error happens at logging in the world or doing character creation. Is it only my problem?

I'll leave the error information.

Problem Signiture:
    Error event name: APPCRASH
    Program Name: dndclient.exe
    Program Version: 2600.43.5474.8080
    Program Timestamp: 525f5a86
    Error Module Name: StackHash_9e33
    Error Module Version: 6.1.7600.16915
    Error Module Timestamp: 4ec49d10
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce903
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    ??????(Local? Rokel?) ID: 1042
    Additional Information 1: 9e33
    Additional Information 2: 9e339f0649c8f2247bca00313df393d7
    Additional Information 3: e542
    Additional Information 4: e542b6b7d3500a761147c33cd622efeb
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Spellaser, Arrcous
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Favored Soul Angel of Vengeance:

NEW: The capstone has gained an Amaunator option:
    Ascendancy: Bolt of the Sun:
    Passive: You gain +2 Charisma and +2 to the Diplomacy and Spellcraft skills.
    Active: You are able to cast the spell Sunbolt without using spell points.
    Wow. That's a great SLA right there. Much better than the options for other deities, in fact (the Spellcraft bonus is probably the best skill bonus of the bunch, too).

As I'm never one to advocate nerfing one thing when you can safely buff something else, any chance for a dev review of the current SLA options for other Angels of Vengeance?
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    Could you provide us with more information about the comms for hearts? How many for each type of heart are needed? What difficulty do we need to complete sagas on to earn a comm? Are they BTC or BTA? That is the type of info that should be in the release notes.

Thanks.
    Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    • Completing an Epic Saga will grant Commendations of Valor. The amount depends on the Saga and the difficulties you ran the individual quests on (like other Saga rewards). I have not checked how many Commendations of Valor each Saga grants.
    • Double clicking on a Commendation of Valor brings up a Barter UI with the following options:
      • Heroic True Heart of Wood - 900 Commendations of Valor
      • Iconic True Heart of Wood - 1150 Commendations of Valor
      • Epic Heart of Wood - 2000 Commendations of Valor
    • All Hearts of Wood obtained through the Commendations of Valor are Bound to Character.
    Surveys are AWESOME!
    Bug Things! We like bugs! ... well not really, bugs are bad, but we like to know about them!
    Copy your Character or make a new one using the handy tools available in the Test Dojo.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    • Completing an Epic Saga will grant Commendations of Valor. The amount depends on the Saga and the difficulties you ran the individual quests on (like other Saga rewards). I have not checked how many Commendations of Valor each Saga grants.
    • Double clicking on a Commendation of Valor brings up a Barter UI with the following options:

• All Hearts of Wood obtained through the Commendations of Valor are Bound to Character.
    So what points are negotiable?

Commendations of Valor:
    [list]I have not checked how many Commendations of Valor each Saga grants.
    This is highly valuable information and should be checked ASAP please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    So in other words.... your previous grind is now irrelevant, please start working on the new grind.

Not a fan. I don't know how many comm the sagas hand out, but it sounds like it will take a lot of saga completions for either hearts. If we have to repeat them over and over, at least make the comms BtA... And come on, don't remove old functionalities, we worked hard on those epic tokens!

Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    Well if we get 10 Commendations for a saga this will be quite the failure. 1000 Commendations per saga on the other hand would be fair.

Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    so you can only obtain these thru doing sagas?? can u trade tokens in for some at the epic guy in the 12?? so you are pretty much saying that you need to purchase all packs out in evningstar or go vip in order to tr now?

as im not one for pointing out p2w things this kinda seems eh for anyone like myself who wishes to go for completionist and still have some lifes to go but then again if you must purchase packs to do the sagas and sagas are the only way to get this stuff then looks like im grinding tokens to trade in before u20 hits
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Not a fan. I don't know how many comm the sagas hand out, but it sounds like it will take a lot of saga completions for either hearts. If we have to repeat them over and over, at least make the comms BtA... And come on, don't remove old functionalities, we worked hard on those epic tokens!
    That's what it's looking like to me too. Either the saga hand out a lot of commendations and they should just divide all the numbers by 100 so they don't look so ridiculously large, or you have to grind the sagas for ages to get enough.

If those numbers are accurate they need to add commendations as a guaranteed drop in the end chest of every epic quest.

Right now I'm most worried about my character that is already be capped and has maxed destinies (In other words the character I am most likely to ER because there's nothing left to do). As a new method of getting hearts I am going to have to grind these out just for the commendations. The xp along the way is worthless, the gear is almost guaranteed to be worthless.

Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character

I won't object if we can turn 1 Token of the Twelve into 50 Commendation of Valor

Otherwise please leave the Hearts available from the Twelve as they currently are.

Thanks!

Edit: Another option would be to have one fragment = 1 commendation, and 1 Token = 100 Commendations.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; 10-18-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    Thanks for the info. But still, IMO, removing the ability to get Hearts of Wood with tokens of the 12 is a big, big FAIL.

Hero

nm
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 10-18-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Spellsinger Musical Studies still broken?

And as far as I can tell, it is not even in "Known Issues"!
    Last edited by brian14; 10-18-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    So you're changing the currency from a BtA item that can be obtain in part in any epic level dungeon to a BtC item from a brand new and barely tested system (which has already been broken and shut down twice), and changing it from a system accessible to anyone who's purchased an adventure back with epic content to a system where there are only currently 6 possible courses of action five of which require the expansion packs.

This makes a very bold statement, "If you want to play any end game content, buy our expansion packs." and sends a very dangerous message, "We will move currently accessible content to new areas of the game to resell it."

A lot more information is required on this new system as right now it doesn't look very promising.

Community Member

Commendations of Valor:
    • Bound to Character
    Thanks for the info.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I won't object if we can turn 1 Token of the Twelve into 50 Commendation of Valor

Otherwise please leave the Hearts available from the Twelve as they currently are.

Thanks!

Edit: Another option would be to have one fragment = 1 commendation, and 1 Token = 100 Commendations.
    both of these are valid suggestions.

Need to keep tokens = HTR wood in game.

I called that this change would cause this player uproar. Only going to get worse - and the pitchforks will turn into hand grenades if (when) this hits live.

Furthermore incensing the population is the lack of response / clarification from the Dev's. Poor ole Squeak is the only one commenting - and at least Squeak is on top of her game. Thank you Squeak! (Seriously) - keep up the good work.

Let the rioting continue! Bring forth the Pitchforks and Light the Bonfires! Who's making the nooses? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post

Thanks!

In my opinion there are two options;

As Ebondevil has suggested above (with the addition to the fragment usage, changing the cost of the hearts to 2000, ~2600 and ~4500 as at 900 valor for 1 Heart is = 45valor for 1 token (900/20).
    By having a Token to Valor exchange this is hugely beneficial to the player base, but it would also mean the system is valued at 20tokens, 26tokens and 45 tokens.

A fair compromise is to leave the Heroic TR in the twelve, and have the two new options based around the new system (you can include the heroic here as well as an alternative method if you like).

[EDIT: Your option is the third case where it's least beneficial to the player base]
    Last edited by Desonde; 10-18-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Just wow. Why does every system have to be obsoleted? I mean the common theory is that this current crop of developers want to "leave their mark" on DDO and therefore are phasing out all the previous developers' efforts and completely ignoring them while simultaneously putting in "their" systems. I was caught halfway between believing it and thinking it was way too tin-foil. Looks like I should have believed it from the start. Or this is all coming from the money people who don't give a fig about anything in-game unless it leads to more people buying more stuff from the store.

Sagas have been screwed up and removed how many times? And now that's going the be the only in-game method to get TR hearts of all flavours? Jiminy Christmas.

Community Member

[*]Completing an Epic Saga will grant Commendations of Valor. The amount depends on the Saga and the difficulties you ran the individual quests on (like other Saga rewards). I have not checked how many Commendations of Valor each Saga grants.
    Well the amount of commendations dropped per saga/difficulty seems to be one of the most important questions. Could you please go check soon ?

Community Member

Well, if Hearts of Wood for regular TRing can't be bought with Epic Tokens, the Devs have really moved the game in the wrong direction.

First, Epic Tokens have not been updated with really anything new when it comes to Augments, so the Devs have just watered down Epic Tokens once again. And like many "systems" that decreased in value in the game, they haven't kept it updated with something to keep players going. Look at Epic Raid Tokens that have a total of two uses in the game.

Secondly, they have once again kicked players in the pants (both the frontdoor and backdoor) who bought the House C challenges. The challenges aren't being upgraded to 30. The items are staying stagnant with level 20. No new items have been added. The Wand Bracelet was never made. The only thing the House C Challenges had to offer was Epic Tokens to trade in for TR Hearts. Now that's being taken away.

Can't say I'm going to be very enthusiastic about the game anymore if I can't continue to TR the way I have been. I'm not really seeing the point to changing this at all. The Devs have already watered down Epic Eberron content to near useless except for XP and TR Hearts. I don't see why the old system can't exist with this new system.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast