Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ooze Beaters

its been said that Oozes can eat wood but, I have never had this weapon break from beating on them they basically just go squish so this is it for me.

I could make it +5 and Greater Ooze bane but then the ML gets a lot higher and the ingredients are more rare.

Community Member

Splash monk and use wraps. Failing that screaming of everbright is the easiest.

Put me in the screaming/everbright camp for crafted (ideally on a flametouched blank).

Shining Devastation works pretty well on non-oozes to ;-)

I wish freaking crystal blanks would drop (or I could buy them in the store).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Just use ghostbane, if it gets destroyed you can always use the one from the next chest you open.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Default Alchemical Crystal Weapons

If you want to swat a fly with a bazooka you can always craft a tier 3 Alchemical weapon of whatever you prefer. As long as the base material is crystal you are set. Personally I use Khopeshes because I do not see the big deal with splitting oozes but you can build whatever you want.

Edit: Also works great on Rust monsters! Make tier 2 fire and you bypass Good Dr so good on Dreaming Dark monsters as well!
    Last edited by Golddragon87; 11-04-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Added point on Rust Monsters and Dreaming Dark.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    If you want to swat a fly with a bazooka you can always craft a tier 3 Alchemical weapon of whatever you prefer. As long as the base material is crystal you are set. Personally I use Khopeshes because I do not see the big deal with splitting oozes but you can build whatever you want.

Edit: Also works great on Rust monsters! Make tier 2 fire and you bypass Good Dr so good on Dreaming Dark monsters as well!
    If we're going to talk about bazookas then you should mention Celestia. As it's made of light it takes no damage from oozes or rustys (I've actually never seen it take damage at all) and it does light damage as well so no splitting.

-Any random pair of handwraps
    -Nothing. Thats right I empty my hands and beat them down like a man.
    -Any Ranged weapon
    -Any crystal weapon
    -Celestia
    -Druid's Flameblade
    -Druid wolf/bear teeth n' claws
    -Druid/arti/wiz pet
    -Summons
    -Hireling
    -Any off weapon I might be carrying and won't be in dire need of that quest

And finally:
    -In most quests I just ignore them and go around pretending they don't exist. I kill them with indifference, when the quest completes without me having shown any sign of having even so much as noticed their existence, they go home and slit their little ooze wrists.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    clever ppl dont craft ooze beaters. they buy or farm Muckbanes or Muck Dooms
    EDIT: however, if one were to craft an Ooze beater for some reason a +X Screaming [Blunt Weapon] of Everbright is what i would make
    One very good reason could be being dex-based. Club doesn't get dex to damage, light mace/hammer (rangers, say) or quarterstaff (rogues &c) can do that with fairly little effort for some builds.

Someone complained about light hammer being dead as a weapon type... well, that just means people aren't playing enough dex-based pick'n'hammer dwarves ;-)
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Community Member

My Ooze bane tower shield of bashing works wonders, especially because oozes are weak to blunt weapon damage much moreso even than any elemental type of damage. It's the best kind of weapon, simple and effective while not putting wear on your main weapon. If you want to try crafting this there are plenty of wooden tower shields available for cheap in Korthos and the Harbor (inside the weapon/armor shop) and plenty of low level oozes available in Harbor quests and can be done for cheap at a very low character level. It also can make a good skeleton beater as well, love cornering an archer skeleton and then shield bashing it to death.

Community Member

I am assuming the benefit of this is that Muckbane and the like require fairly high levels before you can equip them, and you are having trouble with oozes after your tr. So you can't equip these right now because your level is too low. The benefit should be a very low character level required so that you can deal with oozes in lower level quests while you work on leveling up.

Muckbane is ML:2
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Muckbane is ML:2
    Sadly, the new ones are BtC, so no more sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    clever ppl dont craft ooze beaters. they buy or farm Muckbanes or Muck Dooms

Muckbane

Muck's Doom

This

Plus
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    i just use dreamspitter/dreampiercer
    Plus handwraps if your desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    -Nothing. Thats right I empty my hands and beat them down like a man.
    +1 love this
    The Thug: sustained DPS Int-based non-assassinating assassin
    The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club
    -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Irenae View Post
    My Ooze bane tower shield of bashing works wonders, especially because oozes are weak to blunt weapon damage much moreso even than any elemental type of damage.
    Um. No. Oozes aren't weak to bludgeoning, they simply don't get split by it, unlike with slashing/piercing. But they take normal amounts of damage regardless.

Still gonna go with the Mucksplat I described above, though *g* (And I've had plenty of clubs get absolutely destroyed even by Harbor oozes, so yes, they do eat wood.)
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Yeah, forgot about that, no more sharing muckbanes because btc. And I am surprised you didn't know every enemy is weak to 1 of the 3 of slashing, piercing or bludgeoning while being stronger against the other 2 types of damage. And the color of the damage you do also changes accordingly so you can know if you are dealing the right kind of damage to deal optimal dps against the foe. Magical dps has different rules and colors but follows the same general principal too. Just bear in mind a lot of oozes are strong against a particular element, and that which element that is varies a lot which kinda sucks if you want to deal magical damage to oozes.

Returning hammers of almost anything work pretty good too. Oozes can't damage returning weapons (at least mine have never been damaged by them). If you have the extra ingredients, then Green Steel returners can be a lot of fun with oozes.

But my current favorite is a Repeating GS Ooze II Crossbow is great for Ooze on Ooze action. :-)

I have not made one but a Ooze II returning Hammer could be fun too.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Irenae View Post
    Yeah, forgot about that, no more sharing muckbanes because btc. And I am surprised you didn't know every enemy is weak to 1 of the 3 of slashing, piercing or bludgeoning while being stronger against the other 2 types of damage. And the color of the damage you do also changes accordingly so you can know if you are dealing the right kind of damage to deal optimal dps against the foe. Magical dps has different rules and colors but follows the same general principal too. Just bear in mind a lot of oozes are strong against a particular element, and that which element that is varies a lot which kinda sucks if you want to deal magical damage to oozes.
    Yeah... This is false.

Some enemies have damage resistance (DR) to 1 or 2 of the damage types (or even all 3 for DR -) it is far from all and I can not think of any that are weak versus a physical damage type. Some enemies also have elemental resistances or even weaknesses.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I have some crafted +5 Adamantine warhammers of Everbright. I like having a nice tough set of hammers to beat on things when I don't want to get my real DPS weapons all sticky and gross.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12