Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ooze Beaters

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Question Ooze Beaters

What are the clever people crafting for pummelling the ooze?

clever ppl dont craft ooze beaters. they buy or farm Muckbanes or Muck Dooms

Muckbane

Muck's Doom

EDIT: however, if one were to craft an Ooze beater for some reason a +X Screaming [Blunt Weapon] of Everbright is what i would make
    Last edited by Asmodeus451; 10-17-2013 at 10:09 PM.
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Maladroit of everbright. Oozes have very low base dex so it's easy to render them helpless via dex drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    Maladroit of everbright. Oozes have very low base dex so it's easy to render them helpless via dex drain.
    Gotta try this, so far I always used screaming of evervright.

i just use dreamspitter/dreampiercer

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I usually toss acid on darkwood clubs for two wielders or greatclubs for two handers. Oozes don't like acid in general. And they don't eat wood.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    I usually toss acid on darkwood clubs for two wielders or greatclubs for two handers. Oozes don't like acid in general. And they don't eat wood.
    This...and also keep in mind if you craft an everbright item, make sure it is bludgeoning type as many oozes split when hit with slashing or piercing.

I find paralyzing of everbright amusing. Ever seen a paralyzed ooze? it is kinda of funny looking.

but mostly I use muckbanes/muckdooms. At higher level on my THF type I use Terror or shining Devastation
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJgrubb / Gijo

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    This...and also keep in mind if you craft an everbright item, make sure it is bludgeoning type as many oozes split when hit with slashing or piercing.
    Split oozes have significantly less hp than whole ones, so on a thf with cleaves, an everbright falchion or greatsword is a fine weapon.
    Last edited by Lonnbeimnech; 10-18-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    incorrect on both counts. There are several acid resistant/immune oozes. Also, oozes that do acid damage DO damage wood just as easily as other materials. If you've heard advice telling you to use wooden clubs and such, it's because they're cheap and plentiful.

Best ooze beaters are bludgeoning everbrights, with any non-elemental prefix like Vicious, Thundering, Screaming, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Split oozes have significantly less hp than whole ones, so on a thf with cleaves, an everbright falchion or greatsword is a fine weapon.
    keeping in mind this is a trade off as more oozes also means more chances of being hit as they all get their own To-Hit opportunity.

Depending on my character I've also found a Wooden Shield to be a good choice as well especially crafted with Acid and/or Everbright and the use of Shield Bash.

BOgre is right - reason for wooden is because it is CHEAP not because of its resistance to acid, however Wood holds up better against Rust Monsters.
    Also at lower levels Acid works out, but as pointed out non-elemental damage is better for more cases.
    Last edited by Enoach; 10-18-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    Hey! Learned something new today...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    keeping in mind this is a trade off as more oozes also means more chances of being hit as they all get their own To-Hit opportunity.

Depending on my character I've also found a Wooden Shield to be a good choice as well especially crafted with Acid and/or Everbright and the use of Shield Bash.

BOgre is right - reason for wooden is because it is CHEAP not because of its resistance to acid, however Wood holds up better against Rust Monsters.
    Also at lower levels Acid works out, but as pointed out non-elemental damage is better for more cases.
    There is a named shield that can drop in the chest of a rare ooze in The Captives.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    clever ppl dont craft ooze beaters. they buy or farm Muckbanes or Muck Dooms
    My barb looked awfully funny swinging a puny club. This clever person crafted him what he promptly dubbed "Mucksplat", with a maul as a base.

As people have said, +5 Screaming of Everbright is the way to go, *and* it works on rusties, and isn't a half-bad skelly beater if you don't want to carry a dedicated one.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

As to cleverness, Muckbanes and dooms are now BtCoE. I can make BTA staves and share them through my bank.

I'll try the Maladroit one, sounds good.

Slightly off topic but just in case someone doesn't know... The oozes in the Tomb of the Blighted, are ridiculously easier to kill once split at least once.

I have a set of force burst ooze bane wraps that seem to work wonders on them

Community Member

I really like Vicious of Everbright. Even at +5 its not a very high ML, if you craft your own it doesn't take high crafting levels, the ingredients are dirt cheap so throwing one away every life isn't a big deal; and, unlike muckbanes and dooms, its a pretty handy weapon on various other mobs you may meet.

If you're lawful aligned, true law of everbright works well too. Oozes are either neutral or chaotic evil.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    As to cleverness, Muckbanes and dooms are now BtCoE. ...
    Are you kidding me?!? (I hadn't looked at mine recently.) That's a shame.

As for topic, Para/Everbright is indeed fun.

I tried a Para repeater on em, but the baby oozes/puddings don't stay paralyzed.

*Notices edit* Oops. My bad. I'll resist blaming Ghostbane, and just claim I was overcome by an OEO. (Oozily Emotional Outburst.)
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 11-04-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast