Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 105
  1. #21
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    So the one guy on the tirade represents the majority of the forumites?
    There are countless people that fit "fanboi" title that go on rants everytime someone wants to change anything for the better. Change ed's for less grind. Evil. Get rid of the cashtral shard exchange. Evil. The list goes on and on. It's pointless to try to make legitimate suggestions here there are too many fanbois ready to defend turbines maidenhood like white knights to the death.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    There are countless people that fit "fanboi" title that go on rants everytime someone wants to change anything for the better. Change ed's for less grind. Evil. Get rid of the cashtral shard exchange. Evil. The list goes on and on. It's pointless to try to make legitimate suggestions here there are too many fanbois ready to defend turbines maidenhood like white knights to the death.
    Meh you make Turbine get rid of the ASAH as you do with blizzard. As soon as it's unprofitable it'll be gone. Seems like there is tons of money spent on it though.

  3. #23
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Meh you make Turbine get rid of the ASAH as you do with blizzard. As soon as it's unprofitable it'll be gone. Seems like there is tons of money spent on it though.
    Tons of money spent on it? Tons of people proved they were willing to undermine that and break the rules to get stuff free. People are getting fed up with cash grab mechanics in MMOs, and I cant wait til it gets to the point where companies have to re-tether the financial success of the division to the quality of the game itself.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  4. #24
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    There are countless people that fit "fanboi" title that go on rants everytime someone wants to change anything for the better. Change ed's for less grind. Evil. Get rid of the cashtral shard exchange. Evil. The list goes on and on. It's pointless to try to make legitimate suggestions here there are too many fanbois ready to defend turbines maidenhood like white knights to the death.
    I can think of several reasons why, for instance, you would want to change EDs for less grind, but also several reasons why you would want to keep it the way it is. Same for removing or keeping the ASAH. Are you a "fanboi" for choosing one set of reasons over the other? I don't know.

    Purely from a business perspective the ASAH could be making Turbine money, but it could also lose them money because of leaving customers. It's really hard to tell which is the most significant effect. For me personally the ASAH is detrimental to the way I experience the game. It is one of the reasons why I play less. The main reason is the high droprates and availability of epic gear and the overpowered and boring random loot. So on my behalf they could easily get rid of the ASAH.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Tons of money spent on it? Tons of people proved they were willing to undermine that and break the rules to get stuff free. People are getting fed up with cash grab mechanics in MMOs, and I cant wait til it gets to the point where companies have to re-tether the financial success of the division to the quality of the game itself.
    Hmmmm those people would have done the same thng if there was no shard exchange(Unless there was a way to dupe actual astral shards that i missed). Kinda only proves that people will cheat to get easy free stuff, in fact isn't that one of the reasons those auction houses even work ?
    But if you're right i'll be more than happy to see any real money auction houses gone, i'm just not so optimistic.
    Last edited by Pandir; 10-18-2013 at 07:23 AM.

  6. #26
    Community Member kinggartk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post
    So i got a email a few weeks ago from the dreaded Blizzard company, before all this exploit nonsense hit DDO. I was done with Diablo 3 last year when my account got hacked by some putz. I Took a break from DDO for a bit. Went and fooled around in Neverwinter only to realize fast it was just another pay to win cash grab of a game. The exploits from the community and the lack of action from the devs pretty much killed the game. All they really cared about was Astral shard purchases and zen . The game declined and turned into a bunch of gold spammers fast.

    I played some xbox games. Some pc games. Nothing in the MMO realm because i was kinda sick of the cash grabs around every corner. Then last week I decided to come back to DDO and see whats up. Reconnect with some old friends and kill some baddies. Maybe start the grind up once again for loot, xp, raids and epic mumbo jumbo. Upon checking my email for purchase order i finally got around to seeing what that message from Blizzard was all about...

    Here it is. I was kinda shocked to say the least. Blizzard doing away with its cash cow?



    For once i agree with them and i think these lame real money Auction houses do nothing but cause trouble for Games like Diablo, DDO and Neverwinter. These games are supposed to be about killing bad guys and ransacking their treasure. Every game i played with a real money auction house where we could purchase virtual junk ended up with its fair share of negative consequences. Once they add this feature the game gets tainted, Cheapened and cheesy as heck. Dungeons and Dragons online is no exception. It creates a rift in the community. A two tier system so to speak. Those with their big credit cards and those without. It also causes a influx of people willing to exploit to bypass paying real money for pixels.

    Do away with it. It tarnishes the game. For once i agree with Blizzard! They are doing away with their dirty cash grab tactics and i think Turbine should do the same. Devs Time can be spent on better things rather then all this astral shard nonsense!

    You guys and girls at Turbine should go back to your roots as well. Make money by selling us wicked quests and raids with tons of new bad guys hording their awesome loot. That is all we want! To play a game and reap our just rewards. It is pretty simple really. The direction the game has went since ASAH is pretty bleak! Just my 2 cents after coming back and seeing the economy in shambles in a game used to love. Dev time wasted once again on stuff 90% of the player base could care less about. Nothing good will ever come of a real money AH. At least not for us players!

    I Tried the new expansion. Looted some boring new loot and was underwhelmed as a whole after completing it. I could not help but think to myself how much better it could be if the devs focused less on cash grabs and more on game play. The game is messed up right now and i personally think Turbine should re-evaluate their economic choices. I Have not even been back a week and the game feels stale already. The new Expansion was no where near the caliber of what Motu was! The poor choices of Turbine as a whole has really effected the game and it has to stop! Turbine needs to go back to its roots of being a game company and not a zen/tp/store/AS business. It is really starting to show in the lack of quality quests, loot and monsters! It is a pretty sad state of affairs! Smarten up Turbine!

    Anyway that is my bi-annual rant for the year on these forums. Good questing and peace out y'all!

    I would bet that TURBINE would love to get back to the basics. Unfortuantely, Warner Borthers holds the purse strings, and Warner Demands Profit. So, Turbine is forced down this road in order to insure it's existance. If Turbine can't turn a profit, WB will shut them down and won't give it a second thought. AND once Turbine is gone, the game that I love will be gone.

    I'm willing to put up with some of this out of the box nonsense if it means my game will stick around for me to continue playing.

    When we feel the need to bash Turbine, we need to keep in the back of our mind that Warner Brothers is the Puppet Master here.

  7. #27
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I would bet that TURBINE would love to get back to the basics. Unfortuantely, Warner Borthers holds the purse strings, and Warner Demands Profit. So, Turbine is forced down this road in order to insure it's existance. If Turbine can't turn a profit, WB will shut them down and won't give it a second thought. AND once Turbine is gone, the game that I love will be gone.

    I'm willing to put up with some of this out of the box nonsense if it means my game will stick around for me to continue playing.

    When we feel the need to bash Turbine, we need to keep in the back of our mind that Warner Brothers is the Puppet Master here.
    It's questionable whether the ASAH really contributes towards profits in the long run. In the short run it probably does, but in the long run, probably not.

  8. #28
    Community Member Ashlayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    There are countless people that fit "fanboi" title that go on rants everytime someone wants to change anything for the better. Change ed's for less grind. Evil. Get rid of the cashtral shard exchange. Evil. The list goes on and on. It's pointless to try to make legitimate suggestions here there are too many fanbois ready to defend turbines maidenhood like white knights to the death.
    You know, unlike others that want to raise a big fuss about "I'm leaving", I tend to just disappear, then reappear later. You'll notice, if you check my post history, that I have a very long lapse between posts from the last time I walked away, and this current return. Why? Because there's no need to raise a fuss about "I'm burned out and going to something else until I burn out there, and then somewhere else after that".

    That to say this; they can ditch the ASAH any time they want to, but since you brought it up, the latest incarnation of "I don't want to play the EDs as designed, change it or I'll quit(even though I refuse to spend any money on the game ever) is evidence that people want stuff handed to them, not that it's really all that bad of a design. At least the last time that came up, people would still have to grind for their twists. This time, they'll just be handed those too. What's next, hit 20 and get an xp stone that takes you to 28 "because the grind is unfun"? Isn't that exactly why Otto's boxes et al exist now?

  9. #29
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Hmmmm those people would have done the same thng if there was no shard exchange(Unless there was a way to dupe actual astral shards that i missed). Kinda only proves that people will cheat to get easy free stuff, in fact isn't that one of the reasons those auction houses even work ?
    But if you're right i'll be more than happy to see any real money auction houses gone, i'm just not so optimistic.
    Right, what it proves is that people aren't as laa dee daa about supporting the current cash grab system as many would have us believe. If they were they would have bought grind circumvention rather than use a loophole to get it free. They will support the easy, until the easier comes along, then we see how loyal they were to the easy which they appeared to support previously.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  10. #30
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Right, what it proves is that people aren't as laa dee daa about supporting the current cash grab system as many would have us believe. If they were they would have bought grind circumvention rather than use a loophole to get it free. They will support the easy, until the easier comes along, then we see how loyal they were to the easy which they appeared to support previously.
    Supporting P2W mechanics and exploiting are two unrelated subjects. If you are willing to pay for something but is just is easily available for free, then simple economic theory says you are going to take it for free. It has nothing to do with supporting P2W.

  11. #31
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    How is this not trashing Turbine?
    Stating facts is not trashing anyone.

    Lets get real, the time used to develop the ASAH is wasted, the new loot system and new named loot is booring and pityful, the economic choices of Turbine, focusing on moneygrabbing astral shards schemes instead good content, are rather poor, and this expansion cant even compare whit MoTU.

    The game is still great, dont get me wrong, but lately Turbine decisions are being pretty bad. Getting rid of the ASAH would be a nice turning point i say.

  12. #32
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Stating facts is not trashing anyone.

    Lets get real, the time used to develop the ASAH is wasted, the new loot system and new named loot is booring and pityful, the economic choices of Turbine, focusing on moneygrabbing astral shards schemes instead good content, are rather poor, and this expansion cant even compare whit MoTU.

    The game is still great, dont get me wrong, but lately Turbine decisions are being pretty bad. Getting rid of the ASAH would be a nice turning point i say.
    I see only opinions there.

  13. #33
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Right, what it proves is that people aren't as laa dee daa about supporting the current cash grab system as many would have us believe. If they were they would have bought grind circumvention rather than use a loophole to get it free. They will support the easy, until the easier comes along, then we see how loyal they were to the easy which they appeared to support previously.
    Who really said people actually support P2W. They use it because it's an easy way to get what they want. The easiest way to get something is obviously free and withoout effort, so it just makes sense people use that over the ASAH.

    I like Otto's boxes, i like them because i don't like heroic leveling too much, i prefer the epics. If they weren't offered i probably wouldn't finish more than 2 TR's. I have no loyality to the Otto's boxes though if they give me a free 1-20 button on character creation i'll use that and skip the boxes:P.

  14. #34
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    I see only opinions there.
    Dispute them then.

  15. #35
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Who really said people actually support P2W. They use it because it's an easy way to get what they want.
    YOU JUST DID!

    If they didnt support P2W they wouldn't use it, i mean... DUH.

  16. #36
    Community Member Ashlayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Stating facts is not trashing anyone.

    Lets get real, the time used to develop the ASAH is wasted, the new loot system and new named loot is booring and pityful, the economic choices of Turbine, focusing on moneygrabbing astral shards schemes instead good content, are rather poor, and this expansion cant even compare whit MoTU.

    The game is still great, dont get me wrong, but lately Turbine decisions are being pretty bad. Getting rid of the ASAH would be a nice turning point i say.
    Let's do get real: There are people all over the forums going on and on about how the new loot tables are killing older raid gear they've been using for years, then saying that that loot is boring. So while we're getting real, if the gear is good enough to replace what they've been using for years, how boring is it really? In fact, since this does seem to be the case, I'd say the new loot is going a long way to actually impacting the ASAH.

  17. #37
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    Dispute them then.
    I agree with most of them, but that doesn't make them facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    the time used to develop the ASAH is wasted.
    Could or could not be true, depends on how you define wasted and on Turbines goals. It has made Turbine short term profits, so from that perspective it's probably not wasted time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    the new loot system and new named loot is booring and pityful.
    I agree, but how can you objectively claim something is boring and pitiful? That is an opinion. A fact is that there are fewer prefixes and affixes available and that some of the new effects are stronger than what is currently available on named items.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    the economic choices of Turbine, focusing on moneygrabbing astral shards schemes instead good content, are rather poor
    They are focussing on both at the same time; I can't even tell whether the one goes at the expense of the other. And what does poor mean? Poor for the quality of the game? Poor for profits? All questionable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    , and this expansion cant even compare whit MoTU.
    Considering there are fewer quests and no raid I guess you could claim this. But then again, it's still hard to compare two expansions. What would you measure by?

  18. #38
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    Let's do get real: There are people all over the forums going on and on about how the new loot tables are killing older raid gear they've been using for years, then saying that that loot is boring. So while we're getting real, if the gear is good enough to replace what they've been using for years, how boring is it really? In fact, since this does seem to be the case, I'd say the new loot is going a long way to actually impacting the ASAH.
    Yeah, i'm pretty sure all this spreadsheet kind of loot whit only 10 or 11 different mutations is so exciting you feel like on fire.....

    The only reason the new loot is "killing raid gear" (and i have no problem whit that, new loot MUST kill OLD raid gear) is because it has bigger numbers on it.

    The problem whit the loot is not the "big numbah!!", it's the lack of variety, go look for that thread whit the list of vanished old loot mutations and come back telling me the new look is exciting and fun, i dare you.

  19. #39
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguo View Post
    YOU JUST DID!

    If they didnt support P2W they wouldn't use it, i mean... DUH.
    Uh i think we have a disagreement on the word support. I don't buy from my supermarket because i want to support it i buy there because it offers something i want.

  20. #40
    Community Member zDragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!
    Posts
    691

    Default On the ASAH.

    Random Loot: The only weapons I have been able to sell so far is Wraps. The rest of the weapons do not sell even though they may be awesome.

    Why is this?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload