Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default WF as a race choice?

I know you've stated about the two weapons giving 400 hp back in heals, however, would a WF Lord of the Flame barbarian be a decent fit with this?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    I know you've stated about the two weapons giving 400 hp back in heals, however, would a WF Lord of the Flame barbarian be a decent fit with this?
    Do you mean a two handed wielding warforge? I would definitely say this build is ill suited to a warforge two handed wielding character. The whole purpose of the 4 Favored soul levels is the healing that ameliorating strike provides. If you can not heal yourself much with ameliorating strike you are better off going with other builds such as a more pure barbarian because it provides more dps.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Do you mean a two handed wielding warforge? I would definitely say this build is ill suited to a warforge two handed wielding character. The whole purpose of the 4 Favored soul levels is the healing that ameliorating strike provides. If you can not heal yourself much with ameliorating strike you are better off going with other builds such as a more pure barbarian because it provides more dps.
    Negative, I'm wanting to go THF Lord of the Blades. I would never try to make a WF a TWF. I know it's lacking on the second hand proc, but it will still proc off the double strike. I actually had a build that I was playing around for my next life before I found yours that was WF 12 barb, 4 fvs, 4 bard. It picks up AS out of the FvS line, takes skadic rage (I know it don't stack with Barb rage, but give 4+ rages to the barb's 7 or 8) +3 attack/song and 4 armor/prr from warchanter, and all the barb must have goodies and a good part of ravager. It takes 23 ranks of UMD by 19. The draw back is that I couldn't invest anything in the WF racial tree, but don't see that as a big deal if I'm only using it as another barb life.

I liked your build, so that's why I asked your opinion of what you thought of a THF WF, since you have first hand experience and are more knowledgeable about it.

Stat wise:

str: 17 (picks up tome +2, 3, and 4) at appropriate lvls
    dex: 10 (picks up a 2 and 3 tome)
    con: 16 all tomes to 4
    int: 11: +1 tome at 3 (could dump for a point of str, but I believe the skill increase would more than make up for one point)
    wis: 12 +2 (only using self buffs)
    chr 12 +2 (only using lvl 2 spells)

Anyways, thanks for your time Matt. It's a good build alternative, considering the state the Barb PrE is in at the moment with all the necessities being thrown in three different trees.
    Last edited by adrian69; 02-15-2014 at 11:04 PM.

Community Member

just wondering why 4 rogue lvls if you dont take any enhancement in the rogue trees?
    why not just go with 2lvls for evasion and 6 fvs lvls instead?

Quote Originally Posted by wodkaman View Post
    just wondering why 4 rogue lvls if you dont take any enhancement in the rogue trees?
    why not just go with 2lvls for evasion and 6 fvs lvls instead?
    I believe that I already explained this earlier d6 sneak damage and extra skill points so what does the 2 extra FVS levels give you?
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I believe that I already explained this earlier d6 sneak damage and extra skill points so what does the 2 extra FVS levels give you?
    You'd get Unyielding Sovereignty. Probably not worth giving up the skill points and sneak damage, but it could be useful occasionally. As far as I know, it even works while Raged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Zero View Post
    One day I just wrote "Why Do I Die So Much?" in party chat, and that is how I learned about fortification.

Community Member

Is there a trick to getting smite foe to proc 2x? I LR'd a L16 HOrc barb to test this and seem to be only getting one heal reported. I rolled a PDK TWF and it was showing dual heals far more often, so I'm assuming the OH would be missing frequently, or does the smite foe only check to hit once?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasta View Post
    Is there a trick to getting smite foe to proc 2x? I LR'd a L16 HOrc barb to test this and seem to be only getting one heal reported. I rolled a PDK TWF and it was showing dual heals far more often, so I'm assuming the OH would be missing frequently, or does the smite foe only check to hit once?
    Smite Foe procs on offhand strikes, which gives TWF builds an obvious advantage over THF ones. It'll also proc on doublestrikes, which amusingly gives S&B builds w/full Shield Mastery an advantage over (non-staff) THF builds.

I've just lined up my dusty dwarven 2x fighter for a TR and was wondering what is most important to have by level 18. I'm assuming the 4 FVS are a must... is 12 Barb bringing something that will be needed during the longest part of the grind or would I be better served with 4 rogue for the SA at that point?

Also, I'm working off of a full set of +3 tomes with a +4 in CON. Does this seem like a decent starting stat lineup for a 36 pointer:

S: 18
    D: 14
    Cn: 14
    I: 11
    W: 8
    Ch: 13

I'm wondering if the hit to INT will hurt. If so I can bump Strength down to 17 and boost Int to 13 and maybe take Wisdom to an odd number for the odd stat tome synergy.

Also in a heroic life, do Force of Personality or even Stunning Blow belong in the preCap levels over top of... anything?
    Last edited by Olds-cool; 03-27-2014 at 07:33 AM.
    Olds, Proud Member of The Silver Legion on Cannith
    http://www.guildmedieval.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Olds-cool View Post
    I've just lined up my dusty dwarven 2x fighter for a TR and was wondering what is most important to have by level 18. I'm assuming the 4 FVS are a must... is 12 Barb bringing something that will be needed during the longest part of the grind or would I be better served with 4 rogue for the SA at that point?

Also, I'm working off of a full set of +3 tomes with a +4 in CON. Does this seem like a decent starting stat lineup for a 36 pointer:

S: 18
    D: 14
    Cn: 14
    I: 11
    W: 8
    Ch: 13

I'm wondering if the hit to INT will hurt. If so I can bump Strength down to 17 and boost Int to 13 and maybe take Wisdom to an odd number for the odd stat tome synergy.

Also in a heroic life, do Force of Personality or even Stunning Blow belong in the preCap levels over top of... anything?
    I kind of agree with you on FOP and I do not know if the saves investment of this build is worth it in general at this point. I like 12 barbarian 4 FVS 4 Ranger as well although UMD to me is great at the moment. Stunning blow is debatable at heroic levels.

I kind of agree with you on FOP and I do not know if the saves investment of this build is worth it in general at this point. I like 12 barbarian 4 FVS 4 Ranger as well although UMD to me is great at the moment. Stunning blow is debatable at heroic levels.
    yeah... well because of my tomes i dont get heavily into the twf extras until later so i actually took d.axe proficiency earlier on since i have a slew of decent ones after 2 ftr lives. I am sticking with the original split, i'm justnot sure what to shoot for first, 4 rogue or 12 barb.

Question

So... anyone else notice that the offhand procs of AS have ceases with the last patch? Is this WAI or should we be bug reporting?

Lvl 14 now and it does work for both hands, getting some 2x 40- 50 with 66 Devo. If you don't miss with off hand of course ( and Gtwf is still 80% ).
    Don't know about Doublestrike , no DS in heroics.

Another thing, Empower Heal doesn't work with Amel Strike.
    Smite Weakness doesn't seem to get stacks from off hand, again maybe it will work with Doublestrike after lvl 20.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Thinking about LR'ing into this:

Still viable?
    Think it would still be viable with THF and only getting one AS proc?
    I've been playing a barb and if I wanted to get away from rages and go 12Ftr/4FVS/4Rog - thoughts? Plan on building it out tonight to see how it looks.

I would say no.
    I have been playing this for a while and it's completely unreliable healing. You can miss, your off hand is still only 80%, your target can die or move ( this happens all the freaking time ). It can be 2 x 250 or it can be big fat 0 x 0.

So you will either have to dismiss rage and scroll + cocoon, or chug SF pots for ~ 500. It's not viable for higher levels EEs at all. And my barbie is not really squishy at cap, ~ 70 prr, 21 dodge ( Mobility + Dodge ), 65 reflex, got 5 Displace clickies.

The Ameliorating Strike concept looks cool on paper but is a disaster for practical use as main source of self healing.
    It's perfect for heroic levelling and epic hard though.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Community Member

Default Empower healing

I'm playing through this right now and I really am loving it. I'm shadar-kai (i want the past life) and I will be going 12/6fvs/2rog because i wanna be a permanently on fire barbarian.

I am noticing though that Empower Heal has 0 effect on AS. Is the meta in there for other reasons or is it intended to be working with AS? As of now I have taken it out which works fine for me since I'm missing a feat. Over all, I'm totally loving it. Well done.

Community Member

Im trying it out right now but dont really care for it that much. Just 10th right now so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I found the Dwarven Occult Slayer to be more to my liking and will probably go that route to finish the third Barbarian life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234