Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by keowyn View Post
    looks like a nice build.

i just want to ask: how much healing does ameliorating strike give, with your 200+ positive spellpower and heal amp?

also wanted to point out that Power Rage is 2AP per rank, not 1AP as included in your build. (unless ddowiki is wrong)
    Yeah I made an error with power rage and build was updated. With the posted spellpower and healing amp it gives about 200 each hand while two weapon fighting which is 400 an attack.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I believe that Power Rage from the Frenzied Berserker enhancement tree costs 2 per "level" meaning your point calculations for enhancements are off.

Just LR+20 my barb and discovered this
    Fellowship of the Bling Ghallanda http://fotbling.fr.yuku.com/
    Shado; DareDelvis; Ottis; Hary Darkness; Tortelvis; Mournfist; Maimonides; DareDelviss; Aeteentee; DareSoulvis; Rambam; Jawill; Snakecobra

What do you suggest as a leveling plan? Order of class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Maybe I missed it, but cant you fit Divine Might in there also?

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but cant you fit Divine Might in there also?
    Yes it is in the enhancements and shows up under strength as an insight bonus.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    What do you suggest as a leveling plan? Order of class.
    I have only levelled this character from 25 to 28 so I am a little unsure as to what works best. The big question that I do not know is at what point to get the 4th favored soul level for ameliorating strike.
    Below is a stab where someone gets amelioriate strike at level 14.
    R
    B
    B
    B
    B
    R
    F
    F
    B
    B
    B
    F
    R
    F
    B
    B
    B
    B
    B
    R

Great idea, nicely thought out.

One question: Are there any Cleric lvl 3 Spell Buffs worth shooting for? 12 Barb/5 Cleric/3 Rogue seems a possibility, providing some extra SP and CSW for out of combat self-healing.

Or am I missing something in the interplay of having Improved Uncanny Dodge from Barb levels and Uncanny Dodge from Rogue 4? Other than Skill points/enhancements access, what's the 4th level in Rogue giving you that I'm missing?

Edit: Also, you've missed Gloves off ya gear list - Is that some 30% Heal Amp goodness? My other thought here is to either go with Backstabbers or Seal of Avithoul to really capitalize on your Sneak Damage, perhaps re-homing Blurry elsewhere.
    Last edited by Arlathen; 10-24-2013 at 07:17 AM.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    Great idea, nicely thought out.

One question: Are there any Cleric lvl 3 Spell Buffs worth shooting for? 12 Barb/5 Cleric/3 Rogue seems a possibility, providing some extra SP and CSW for out of combat self-healing.

Or am I missing something in the interplay of having Improved Uncanny Dodge from Barb levels and Uncanny Dodge from Rogue 4? Other than Skill points/enhancements access, what's the 4th level in Rogue giving you that I'm missing?

Edit: Also, you've missed Gloves off ya gear list - Is that some 30% Heal Amp goodness? My other thought here is to either go with Backstabbers or Seal of Avithoul to really capitalize on your Sneak Damage, perhaps re-homing Blurry elsewhere.
    Gloves of arcane might +10 seeker +2 profane strength. The heal 30% is the bracer slot. I have been using the amp set up currently without stuns at the moment so mostly tower ring with 20% amp. The 4th level of rogue does give 1% of dodge. FVS is better then cleric due to the extra reflex save, but it would not be a bad way to go level 5 cleric if there were better low level buff spells. I basically never cast spells. There is only so many rages and barbarians it is a real bad thing when they run out of rages and its a hassle in general to cast spells maybe at the start of the quest or just having shrined sort of thing.

Thanks much! This will be my next TR project....Should be a much more survivable Barbarian in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Community Member

So....18 Barb/2 Rogue with SFP isn't far better than this?

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    So....18 Barb/2 Rogue with SFP isn't far better than this?
    Welcome back to the game and the expansion pass which means 18 barb 2 rogue does less dps, has lower reflex saves (and other saves), and like you said uses SFP whereas this build most of the time does not use SFP. Win Battlerager in a landslide vs. 18 barb 2 rogue twf.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    72 Strength 18 +7 level ups +5 tome +2 enhancements +1 destiny + 6 rage +1 power rage + 5 primal scream + 10 enhancement item + 1 exceptional +11 insight +2 ship
    12 Intelligence 8 +4 tome
    12 Wisdom 8 +4 tome
    30 Dexterity 14 +4 tome + 7 enhancement item +3 insight dexterity +2 ship buff
    46 Constitution 14 +4 tome + 1 enhancement +6 rage +3 hardy rage +5 primal scream + 7 enhancement item +1 exceptional +3 insight +2 ship
    32 Charisma + 16 +4 tome +7 charisma enhancement item + 1 exceptional +2 insight + 2 ship
    38pt build?
    18 str = 16 bpts
    14 dex = 6 bpts
    14 con = 6 bpts
    16 Cha = 10 bpts

38 total?

Just started shopping for a Barb build for my completionist project. This looks like it addresses some of the issues I was dreading (tough soloing, sp sponge when in group). The point of my journey is to play all the classes and see what they have to offer, am I getting a full-on Barb experience with this build? TWF over THF (great for me, less to buy/greensteel to make)? My plan is not to take him to 28, only hanging out after 20 for some ED work and then he will be back in Korthos.

Nice looking build Matt.
    Dervissh ~ Derrvold ~ Dervealer ~ Dervace ~ Dervedic ~ Dervard

Quote Originally Posted by Billybobml View Post
    Just started shopping for a Barb build for my completionist project. This looks like it addresses some of the issues I was dreading (tough soloing, sp sponge when in group). The point of my journey is to play all the classes and see what they have to offer, am I getting a full-on Barb experience with this build? TWF over THF (great for me, less to buy/greensteel to make)? My plan is not to take him to 28, only hanging out after 20 for some ED work and then he will be back in Korthos.

Nice looking build Matt.
    I do not know what you mean by full barb experience? I just compare this build to a fighter build. Were those 12 fighter 6 ranger 2 monk or 12 fighter 6 barbarian 2 rogue or etc. builds getting the full fighter experience? The reason why two weapon fighting makes so much sense for this build is amelioriating smite ticks twice one with each hand. You can definitely play a pure barbarian or the like if you want. Supreme Cleave is a great ability for two hander players.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Am going for something similar in concept, but a 12barb/4cleric/4fighter instead - enhancements will be somewhat different since i want to cram in Divine Healing too, which i've confirmed works while enraged so can fit in what is effectively a half-strength, self-only positive energy aura for more HP regeneration.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    Am going for something similar in concept, but a 12barb/4cleric/4fighter instead - enhancements will be somewhat different since i want to cram in Divine Healing too, which i've confirmed works while enraged so can fit in what is effectively a half-strength, self-only positive energy aura for more HP regeneration.
    Looking at this split for an iconic (Morninglord). We'll see how silly it becomes (would rather be a barb than a fighter)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Looking at this split for an iconic (Morninglord). We'll see how silly it becomes (would rather be a barb than a fighter)
    well it should be pretty decent, if not optimal.. i decided on 2wf for mine which is more feat-intensive but will have the double-procs for ameliorating strike, and thanks to the raiders boxes i decided to go with a pair of mornhs - i figure with critical rage from ravager plus legendary dreadnaught will mean that while not having the super-high FB multipliers (and i dont like vicious i want to be more survivable not hurt myself every time i attack something), should end up critting a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    well it should be pretty decent, if not optimal.. i decided on 2wf for mine which is more feat-intensive but will have the double-procs for ameliorating strike, and thanks to the raiders boxes i decided to go with a pair of mornhs - i figure with critical rage from ravager plus legendary dreadnaught will mean that while not having the super-high FB multipliers (and i dont like vicious i want to be more survivable not hurt myself every time i attack something), should end up critting a lot.
    I'm staring at finishing heroic with a pair of Phosphors .. because I'm silly
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I'm staring at finishing heroic with a pair of Phosphors .. because I'm silly
    Not that silly, those things are beasts for their level, and coronation (the morningstar) is on-par with a khopesh.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I have only levelled this character from 25 to 28 so I am a little unsure as to what works best. The big question that I do not know is at what point to get the 4th favored soul level for ameliorating strike.
    Below is a stab where someone gets amelioriate strike at level 14.
    R
    B
    B
    B
    B
    R
    F
    F
    B
    B
    B
    F
    R
    F
    B
    B
    B
    B
    B
    R
    I'm a little curious how this build would fare while levelling from 1 as a TR. Too often I see builds which work perfectly in epic levels, but end up being tedious and painful to level. Anyone have any experience here?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast