Community Member

Question Level 20 - now what?

My partner and I reached the XP cap, so advanced our two Arti's to level 20. We were surprised that quest point XP is showing as xxxx/1900000 - does that mean we can still do level 18-20 'regular' quests?
    More importantly, however, we were soooo looking forward to becoming an 'epic' character, so we could finally start Menace of the Underdark series (and we have done all the harbor quests to easily get to Eveningstar and into the 'E/S Caverns). But after we leveled to 20 we got the message to 'find Fatespinner' and there is supposed to be one in the Harbor and also in E/Star. We are assuming we need to find this 'fatespinner' to advance to the Epic level, but we can't find either one. We have both been researching WIKI, etc. to no avail.
    If anyone can tell me how to get to EPIC, we would both be most appreciative - or - should we hold off on Epic levels until we get most 'regular' quests done in the 18-20 levels...??? (Right now we sure don't want to get in those high-level VERY long quests if the XP earned from them will not go forward into the Epic levels....
    Thanks for any enlightenment on the above...

Quote Originally Posted by Kneedshelp View Post
    My partner and I reached the XP cap, so advanced our two Arti's to level 20. We were surprised that quest point XP is showing as xxxx/1900000 - does that mean we can still do level 18-20 'regular' quests?
    More importantly, however, we were soooo looking forward to becoming an 'epic' character, so we could finally start Menace of the Underdark series (and we have done all the harbor quests to easily get to Eveningstar and into the 'E/S Caverns). But after we leveled to 20 we got the message to 'find Fatespinner' and there is supposed to be one in the Harbor and also in E/Star. We are assuming we need to find this 'fatespinner' to advance to the Epic level, but we can't find either one. We have both been researching WIKI, etc. to no avail.
    If anyone can tell me how to get to EPIC, we would both be most appreciative - or - should we hold off on Epic levels until we get most 'regular' quests done in the 18-20 levels...??? (Right now we sure don't want to get in those high-level VERY long quests if the XP earned from them will not go forward into the Epic levels....
    She is in the marketplace next to the fountain. After you choose your destiny head to Eveningstar and start the Battle for Eveningstar chain.

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    She is in the marketplace next to the fountain. After you choose your destiny head to Eveningstar and start the Battle for Eveningstar chain.
    Also...keep in mind you have to complete Lords of Dust/Servants of the Overlord/Spinner of Shadows arc as well Rift between two worlds.

Once those are complete you can move freely between Eberron and Eveningstar.

other people said the location of fatespinner but I'll reiterate, if you enter marketplace from the harbor and head down the left set of stairs and go forwards to your left past the giant knocked over pillar will be the fatespinner.

She levels you up to 21-28 and also lets you change up destiny stuff if you aren't VIP, and lets you activate your destiny when you first get to level 20 (if you own epic destinies).

Before you go to eveningstar I would strongly recommend choosing either draconic incarnation or fatesinger as you are both artificers, and running all of the old epics (house phiarlan carnival, house D pirates chain, von, fens, others I am forgetting) before going to estar, as the epics out there are definitely harder than the old "classic" epics.

Once you have a level or 2 in your destiny head out to eveningstar by running lords of dust/servants of the overlord/spinner of shadows/beyond the rift, and then you are out there.

Be warned that if you don't use a map it can be a pain to figure out where to go in king's forest to find the temple quest, and once you need to head to schindlaryn (I can't spell that name) you will have to venture into the underdark to find the entrance. My recommendation for this is to find the entrance to the underdark in the king's forest (the entrance is in the south west of the map) which is much closer to the entrance to schildabadname than the door in the eveningstar cavern.

Once you get to schindlaloldrowtown head to the middle of the city area (still a wilderness) and there will be a big portal, use that portal to head to eveningstar, then whenever you want to go to shindlaohscrewthis you can go to the left portal in the estar cavern select trader's camp enter underdark, turn around use portal behind you choose schindlaicantspellthis and you will be in the middle of the city area.

Good luck in epics
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    This^ she's in the market not the harbor. The one in Eveninstar is right in the middle of all the other trainers. You talk to her to select an epic destiny and also to level up once you have enough experience.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    schindlaryn
    schildabadname
    schindlaloldrowtown
    shindlaohscrewthis
    schindlaicantspellthis
    Sschindylryn*
    Stop dumping Int, noob.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

does that mean we can still do level 18-20 'regular' quests?
    Yes, you certainly can. But once you get a taste of epic XP, you probably won't go back unless you just want to check out the scenery. The XP difference between epic quests and heroic ones is quite significant.

Also, you may want to consider getting epic destinies if you haven't already purchased them. I would recommend getting them and setting one to active before you start the epic xp gathering, or you will miss out and waste some xp that could otherwise be put to good use.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Default Level 20 - now what?

OHHHH! THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO VERY MUCH! Okay! I think first we will do some more questing in Eberron, as suggested. I will have my partner read all your replies as soon as he can (he is on east coast, I am on west coast).... We just were not sure if we could still earn XP that would 'stay' with us when we went epic level, as the WIKI information just stops at level 20 - saying CAPPED at 1,900,000...

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Congrats!

The Marketplace Fatespinner is on the other side of the pillar from the entrance to Devil Assault. When you get to Eveningstar look on the map to find where the trainers are and head there. You will find the ES Fatespinner by the trainers on her wooden platform.

For fun I like to refer to Forgotten Realms as Eveningdark and Understar.

Community Member

Once you level to 20, you can do Epic level quests, just choose the Epic option instead of the Heroic upon quest entry.

EPIC DESTINIES are different than EPIC LEVELS.

It is possible to have one and not the other.

Your XP earned display (bottom of screen) can track them BOTH.

Default look me up

if u run on Khyber , look me up main toon Yarek , more than happy to run quests with new people
    Are you not entertained

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Sschindylryn*
    Stop dumping Int, noob.
    die ara :P
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Sschindyldyldylryn*
    ftfy

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    die ara :P
    I tried that once, some A-hole kept raising me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    ftfy
    Heh
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

just to expand on the epic destinies. after you have talked to your regular class trainer to take lvl20 the very next thing to do is find that fate spinner to claim your epic destiny. it's important to do this before you go out questing.

once you have a destiny if a quest gives for example 10K exp then your epic level will progress by 10K and your epic destiny will also progress by 10K. if you've not picked up a destiny yet then you've just thrown away 10K's worth of potential progress!

epic levels are like a cut down version of character levels. you get a few static bonuses and the odd feat here and there but it's all just a generic epic class the fatespinner hands out.

epic destinies are a lot like enhancements, each rank gives you a point to spend in the destiny tree.

you will probably want to do some research into which destiny you want. that initial choice can be very important as moving from destiny to destiny takes a lot of grinding, so picking a destiny as close to your main goal is important. for example the primal sphere is quite popular and if you decide to work towards there then you'll want to start as a fate spinner to be as close as possible to it.

oh and get a raid under your belt (excluding chrono or tempest spine) because come update 20 you'll get a free raid box which you can get one of the very best repeaters from! in fact once you have your destiny chosen i'd say jump in the first raid party heading out of town, even a heroic one will be fine. if you've been avoiding raiding and just duoing then now is the time to bite your lip and jump in, just for the one time. a heroic reavers fate will be really easy, and if you're nervous just send the leader a tell saying you're new to raids and would they mind showing you the ropes. the shroud is also another great one to start on, and once again it should be easy to find a guide if you just ask.

i can't wait to get my grubby paws on this baby for my mechanic: http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Needle,_Quill-slinger

it's not just the faster fire rate, it's the bigger crits too!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!