Community Member

Default Spell pen on Planar Conflux

Hiya, sorry if this has been asked here before - ran a quick search and didn't find anything.

I just upgraded my Twilight to grab Planar Conflux and I'm not quite sure how the Spell Penetration works on it. Both item description and tool tip when equipped says it has "Spell Penetration IX" so it looks like the description hasn't been updated to reflect the new spell pen system.

I've tested these 3 scenarios:
    1) Conflux as the only spell pen item equipped;
    2) Conflux with Torc (which has Spell Penetration II giving +2);
    3) Conflux with upgraded Tablecloth (which has Spell Penetration III giving +3).

On its own it gave me +2. With Torc I had +4 and with Tablecloth I had +5. So it looks like the Conflux gives a stacking +2 bonus that stacks with the regular Spell Pen bonus from items. Is that the case? If so, what bonus type is it? Artifact?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Set bonuses from the planar conflux thingies are all artifact bonuses... pretty sure most set bonuses have been changed to it for consistency.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    On its own it gave me +2. With Torc I had +4 and with Tablecloth I had +5. So it looks like the Conflux gives a stacking +2 bonus that stacks with the regular Spell Pen bonus from items. Is that the case? If so, what bonus type is it? Artifact?
    Have you checked the spell point bonus too? I always assumed the spell pen/points on Eruditon was enhancement.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    Have you checked the spell point bonus too? I always assumed the spell pen/points on Eruditon was enhancement.
    Oops, I kinda forgot about this thread.

The Erudition gives me an extra 28 max spell points on top of the Wizardry IX (+225 enhancement sp) on Spidersilk Robes. Seeing as in the description the Erudition says it's +250 sp enhancement, I'm not sure why it gives an extra 28 instead of 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I have a policy of not drinking anything that gets blocked by the wordfilter.
    T: Micron, Eversmile, Vs, Kreea, Reckluse | G: Wychcraft, Chuckling