2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default Are savant caster level increases working correctly?

Noticed they aren't giving me a DC increase with Heighten, not sure if they are actually totally broken, or they are still adding damage dice, but intentionally nerfed or accidentally broken so it doesn't raise your spell level to synergize with heighten.

That is to say it used to be if you raised your caster level through Arcane Augmentation, ED's or Savant PrE, enough that your elevated caster level could theoretically get you the next spell level, then you would get increased DC from it when you used heighten as you might expect it to work.

Tested on a lowbie vet status toon, 4 levels of sorc can cast 2nd level spells (+1 DC if you heighten a level 1 spell) add two Savant cores (Air savant tested) this makes your caster level effectiely 6 which qualfiys for 3rd level spells and should (worked in the past) allow heighten to boost your Sonic blast DC or Electric spells DC by +2, tested with various electric and sonic spells.
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

Caster level is (technically) a separate thing from class level which is a separate thing from spell level.

You need a certain amount of class levels to be able to apply for a spell level. Your caster level only determines how powerful your spell damage/healing is.
    Once I get my moods under control, I might actually get a character past level 7... ooh, shiny!

Paladins got some love! Now for Warpriests...