Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    I don't agree. Why should a character get xp in a tree they are not actively using? It is not even a requirement to earn Fate Points.
    If you want them, put in the work and get them.
    Because

fun > not fun

Community Member

If you want to earn XP at a reduced rate, and apply it to a destiny you're not using, you can already do that. Here's how!

Step one: be in main destiny.
    Step two: complete all the quests in a saga. Fun, fun.
    Step three: switch to disliked destiny.
    Step four: claim saga XP reward.

Is this a good enough solution? Obviously not. But if you hate playing off destinies, it's an option that's available right now, in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    so it make sense for a person with no casting ability at all to study the Magister path, and achieve the upmost goal? the way they implement destiny make no sense. fate point should not be link to the total level of ed you achieve. it make no sense to require a barb to study in arcane circle so he could twist a tier 4 ability from martial circle.
    I never said Turbine's system was the best. You don't have to max the destinies to get the Fate Point either. All you need is three levels to
    get a Fate Point. Three levels is easy, especially with Epic XP. Something as "Epic" as a Tier 4 twist shouldn't be handed to you.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    If you want to earn XP at a reduced rate, and apply it to a destiny you're not using, you can already do that. Here's how!

Step one: be in main destiny.
    Step two: complete all the quests in a saga. Fun, fun.
    Step three: switch to disliked destiny.
    Step four: claim saga XP reward.

Is this a good enough solution? Obviously not. But if you hate playing off destinies, it's an option that's available right now, in-game.
    and you ever tried to cap all your destiny through saga?? are you insane? any idea how many saga you have to run, how many hour it take to do this? not to mentioned that this is not efficient at all~~~ sure if you enjoy stick with one toon, teaming with people who gimp because of destiny or the type that solo 100% of the game. be my guest~~ am just saying that this game would be much more fun with this system implemented. the grinding it already a pain, grinding in gimp stats is even worse. tired of ring bell or id all day~~

p.s. sometime it seem people are crazy or out of their mind. they go against something that would benefit everyone while not disturbing the balance. it is so hard to understand how could anyone get so s...hmm maybe not.. not ready to be ban again =P

what about getting completionist by running same life again and again? that would be awesome too. /sarcasm off

its wonderful how are people lazy to adapt

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    what about getting completionist by running same life again and again? that would be awesome too. /sarcasm off

please explain how you adept a barb wtih arcane circle. please explain how spell dc and int/cha bonus will help a barb swing his axe.. completetionist is a different thing, you tr yourself to fit the class and ability. if you tr into a wiz you are a wiz with all casting ability, but a barb with arcane ed will not granting him any casting ability, none of the bonus ever do anything to benefit him.

in real life you could read book, or study. but this is game, you earn experience by fighting and murder~~ so a barb who couldn't cast a single spell could achieve the arcane destiny by swing his axe at enemy. does this sound right to you?

please explain how you adept a barb wtih arcane circle. please explain how spell dc and int/cha bonus will help a barb swing his axe.. completetionist is a different thing, you tr yourself to fit the class and ability. if you tr into a wiz you are a wiz with all casting ability, but a barb with arcane ed will not granting him any casting ability, none of the bonus ever do anything to benefit him.

in real life you could read book, or study. but this is game, you earn experience by fighting and murder~~ so a barb who couldn't cast a single spell could achieve the arcane destiny by swing his axe at enemy. does this sound right to you?
    if u re single focused on swinging your axe, and think its only thing ur barb can do, well , it just your problem. swing swing swing....must be fun

u re just ignoring fact that even arcane eds have several useful passives, which can be useful - i understand, its not about swinging xe, so its invisible to u.

I m actually having fun playing off destinies and finding all those unexpected synergies or abilities i was not aware of. and if its realy off, i ll just tr to better suited class, problem solved

laziness has nothing to do with it. this is just a fallback response when people cant give a good reason why it makes sense for barbs to level through Arcane spheres and wizards to level through primal spheres. just like the other 100 threads on this very subject, no one has been able to present a good reason to do this.

BTW, you will be able to get epic completionist by running the same life over and over again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    laziness has nothing to do with it. this is just a fallback response when people cant give a good reason why it makes sense for barbs to level through Arcane spheres and wizards to level through primal spheres. just like the other 100 threads on this very subject, no one has been able to present a good reason to do this.

BTW, you will be able to get epic completionist by running the same life over and over again soon.
    reason is simple ... u want fate points? earn it. u can play in your favourite destiny forever, u just get no twist - u dont need them. its optional.

if i want completionist, i will have to run arcane lifes, which i dont like - i m doing it making splits (no hearts), i m adapting to problem.

what will people ask next ? substituting one quest for another, cause the original one is too difficult? ....Oh, i forgot - that actually happened

suck it up, its not that bad. and yes i have all mine maxed.. for all the ties a ranger needs her fire spells+100%

suck it up, its not that bad. and yes i have all mine maxed.. for all the times a ranger needs her fire spells+100%
    i wish edit worked

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    suck it up, its not that bad. and yes i have all mine maxed.. for all the ties a ranger needs her fire spells+100%
    I've got mine maxed too, but I also will never buy a character slot for an alt again because especially now that we can't farm for ed xp it's not worth the grind and un-fun portions of it. So if they want less money from people it sounds like a great option for turbine to never change it.

Community Member

there should be another button beside "Active button" named "training", which allow player to gain exp toward an inactive destiny, we have several destiny and most of them does not benefit player at all. but we still have to max them all for fate point. please turbine, make it fair and nice for everyone. allow us to gain experience toward an inactive ed, so everyone can battle at their full strength!!

just three simple rule:
    when active is clicked, so are the training button.
    training button will only be visible after an destiny have been active.
    training button can be use at any time without visiting a fate npc
    It's called a "time-sink".

Welcome to MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post

Welcome to MMO's.
    it is called "i didn't read before i reply"

you still have to grind everything, you still have to grind adjacent destiny to 3 or 5 to unlock. only difference is you can grind while staying in your prime sphere.

p.s. this does not allow you to trian in destiny you could not active..

reason is simple ... u want fate points? earn it. u can play in your favourite destiny forever, u just get no twist - u dont need them. its optional.

if i want completionist, i will have to run arcane lifes, which i dont like - i m doing it making splits (no hearts), i m adapting to problem.

what will people ask next ? substituting one quest for another, cause the original one is too difficult? ....Oh, i forgot - that actually happened
    I have no problem earning fate points, but what sense does it make to level through off destinies to earn them? that's the question that cant be answered by the people who want to keep the system the way it is. what would be the problem earning fate points separately from ED xp and leveling in destinies that have twists you want? why not make a grindy, dull and painful system more fun and not nerfing character power just to get twists from other destinies?

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    suck it up, its not that bad. and yes i have all mine maxed.. for all the times a ranger needs her fire spells+100%
    i wish edit worked
    right click edit post and open in new window. you can edit that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    right click edit post and open in new window. you can edit that way.
    thanks ill try that now

how odd, what a odd "feature" but at least someone figured out how to make it work. now about twists in 1-20 lvs?

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post

Welcome to MMO's.
    time sinks are necessary, but fate point grind is the worst time sink in DDO, pointless and stupid.

Community Member

it is called "i didn't read before i reply"

you still have to grind everything, you still have to grind adjacent destiny to 3 or 5 to unlock. only difference is you can grind while staying in your prime sphere.

p.s. this does not allow you to trian in destiny you could not active..
    It's harder to do in an off destiny.

Greater chance of failure, takes more time.

Time sink.

Running to Fatespinner to swap to primary ED for raid: time sink.

Just because you didn't understand me doesn't mean I didn't read.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    I, and most likely everyone that uses destinies, agree 100%. For those that want fate points and epic destiny feats, being forced to play in a caster destiny when you're a pure barbarian or pretty much any melee build and vise versa is really stupid. I hope with enough complaints and a little thought that common sense will prevail.
    This.

Its fine playing a fighter or monk destiny when you would rather play another melee - but there is nothing fun or good about playing caster as a melee.
    Wherever you went - here you are.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast