Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 144
  1. #1
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default epic destiny need a fix!!

    there should be another button beside "Active button" named "training", which allow player to gain exp toward an inactive destiny, we have several destiny and most of them does not benefit player at all. but we still have to max them all for fate point. please turbine, make it fair and nice for everyone. allow us to gain experience toward an inactive ed, so everyone can battle at their full strength!!

    just three simple rule:
    when active is clicked, so are the training button.
    training button will only be visible after an destiny have been active.
    training button can be use at any time without visiting a fate npc

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    420

    Default

    it would be nice if this was added, but it's not needed at all, I'd rather they focus on fixing bugs than doing this

  3. #3
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    which allow player to gain exp toward an inactive destiny
    Asked for by many people many times over in many different ways.
    Good luck on this, it's been met by deafening Turbine silence since destinies were implemented.
    Maybe this thread will be "the one" that changes the status quo. Hope springs eternal.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  4. #4
    The Hatchery DethTrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kyber & Argonnessen
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    I, and most likely everyone that uses destinies, agree 100%. For those that want fate points and epic destiny feats, being forced to play in a caster destiny when you're a pure barbarian or pretty much any melee build and vise versa is really stupid. I hope with enough complaints and a little thought that common sense will prevail.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,230

    Default

    Oh, please, yes.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

  6. #6
    Community Member DeKalbSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    I, and most likely everyone that uses destinies, agree 100%. For those that want fate points and epic destiny feats, being forced to play in a caster destiny when you're a pure barbarian or pretty much any melee build and vise versa is really stupid. I hope with enough complaints and a little thought that common sense will prevail.
    I don't agree. Why should a character get xp in a tree they are not actively using? It is not even a requirement to earn Fate Points.
    If you want them, put in the work and get them.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

  7. #7
    Community Member MartinusWyllt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    ...Why should a character get xp in a tree they are not actively using?...
    Just buy that store item...oh, wait, that's gone now.

  8. #8
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    They could placate the player base and sell more items if they just brought shears back to the store. Win/win for both players and turbine!


    But the sound of silence coming from turbine are deafening. And with the imminent Epic Reincarnation process, I have zero belief that they will now, or at any point in the future, change the epic destiny mechanics.

  9. #9
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    I don't agree. Why should a character get xp in a tree they are not actively using? It is not even a requirement to earn Fate Points.
    If you want them, put in the work and get them.
    I have to partially disagree. Earn the twists you want by leveling through that particular destiny. Makes 0 sense to level through 3/4 of the destinies you wont ever twist from to earn enough fate points for twists. This way you are still putting in the work for that twist, fun factor is not seriously decreased, characters can still maintain their power and not wasting time and effort in useless off destinies.

  10. #10
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    The?*sound of silence coming from turbine are deafening. And with the imminent Epic Reincarnation process, I have zero belief that they will now, or at any point in the future, change the epic destiny mechanics.
    Agreed. My advice to people is, unless you're heavy into the raid scene, stay away from leveling your main destiny. Its easy to get hooked on that main and it makes everything else feel like ****. Do the worst first

    I know its a game, its supposed to be fun and ideally it'd be nice to spend all that time in the place thats the most fun. But in this system, if u want the points...dont get hooked on the main

    Ive always liked the 50% penalty idea

  11. #11
    Community Member DeKalbSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I have to partially disagree. Earn the twists you want by leveling through that particular destiny. Makes 0 sense to level through 3/4 of the destinies you wont ever twist from to earn enough fate points for twists. This way you are still putting in the work for that twist, fun factor is not seriously decreased, characters can still maintain their power and not wasting time and effort in useless off destinies.
    I could somewhat get behind this, but with the OP's system, you could get the twist without ever stepping foot in the tree. That's
    why I don't agree with the OP's proposed system.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

  12. #12
    Community Member schelsullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    479

    Default

    I agree that grinding through useless destinies was a pain, Ive did on my main but doubt I do it again. But XP at the full rate I do not agree with. I think training at a reduced rate of XP is in order.

  13. #13
    The Hatchery DethTrip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kyber & Argonnessen
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    I don't agree. Why should a character get xp in a tree they are not actively using? It is not even a requirement to earn Fate Points.
    If you want them, put in the work and get them.
    You will still put in the work. You just won't be forced to be in a caster destiny when you're a melee and vise versa. Playing games is supposed to be fun. So why not make it fun to work toward a goal rather than annoying? I don't see how that's being lazy, as you are suggesting.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    I don't agree. Why should a character get xp in a tree they are not actively using? It is not even a requirement to earn Fate Points.
    If you want them, put in the work and get them.
    Because the entire implementation of Epic Destinies is ****. That's why. That said, the goal is to keep you logged in and grinding, so I dont' see this change happening anytime soon. Not until they add something that effectively invalidates ED.

  15. #15
    Community Member DeKalbSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    You will still put in the work. You just won't be forced to be in a caster destiny when you're a melee and vise versa. Playing games is supposed to be fun. So why not make it fun to work toward a goal rather than annoying? I don't see how that's being lazy, as you are suggesting.
    I'm not suggesting anyone is being lazy, I just happen to disagree with the proposed implementation. Something that is called
    "Epic" should not just be handed to you. You can max out your main E.D. and stay in it. No problem. You want to twist in
    "Epic" abilities from other classes, you should have to work at it and earn it. Maybe the system Turbine is using now
    is not the best, but I have yet to see a proposed system that I feel would be a qualified replacement.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

  16. #16
    Community Member Grosbeak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    7,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    I'm not suggesting anyone is being lazy, I just happen to disagree with the proposed implementation. Something that is called
    "Epic" should not just be handed to you. You can max out your main E.D. and stay in it. No problem. You want to twist in
    "Epic" abilities from other classes, you should have to work at it and earn it. Maybe the system Turbine is using now
    is not the best, but I have yet to see a proposed system that I feel would be a qualified replacement.
    Best idea would be to remove fate points from ED levels. Make it a total xp earned thing and something could continue to earn even after you capped a destiny. Much like how they have described Karma in Epic TR.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

  17. #17
    Community Member ThomasHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    457

    Default Another (Casual) Perspective

    I also agree that (active) leveling in an ED that is useless is an awful feeling. I've posted this in another thread that was similar (I think there have been many!).

    As someone above put it, the "fun factor" would definitely go up (it IS a game after all) and all of the work would still be done. I think some reduced value of XP is fine, but hopefully not too punitive. Again, this is a GAME and it should be fun. Lead the players to do what they want to do (play in an ED that makes sense) and not in an ED that makes little to no sense.

    I had also put forth that having another pair of tree connections would be quite nice. Working from a Cleric ED to a Wizard ED for a couple of useful twists seems WAY to awful for me to contemplate on my main cleric. Booo.

  18. #18
    Community Member Ashlayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    I also agree that (active) leveling in an ED that is useless is an awful feeling. I've posted this in another thread that was similar (I think there have been many!).

    As someone above put it, the "fun factor" would definitely go up (it IS a game after all) and all of the work would still be done. I think some reduced value of XP is fine, but hopefully not too punitive. Again, this is a GAME and it should be fun. Lead the players to do what they want to do (play in an ED that makes sense) and not in an ED that makes little to no sense.

    I had also put forth that having another pair of tree connections would be quite nice. Working from a Cleric ED to a Wizard ED for a couple of useful twists seems WAY to awful for me to contemplate on my main cleric. Booo.
    Boo indeed. This is exactly why I wouldn't support this change. Not only are people now earning fate points for free, but they are earning their twists too. Sadly, I saw this coming the last time this topic came up.

  19. #19
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,402

    Default

    Thing is unfortunately is that there is probably no hope for a better change. Now that we have more knowledge of ER, its apparent the devs still want us to level through useless off destinies. If you want completionist or the PL benefit from an off sphere, than we will have to go through the same off destiny grind. If I am dragging my feet through off destinies for fate points, having 0 fun and reducing my play time, epic PLs or completionist is not an option I will take advantage of.

  20. #20
    Community Member burningwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeKalbSun View Post
    I could somewhat get behind this, but with the OP's system, you could get the twist without ever stepping foot in the tree. That's
    why I don't agree with the OP's proposed system.
    so it make sense for a person with no casting ability at all to study the Magister path, and achieve the upmost goal? the way they implement destiny make no sense. fate point should not be link to the total level of ed you achieve. it make no sense to require a barb to study in arcane circle so he could twist a tier 4 ability from martial circle.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload