Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hmmmm

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Yellow on white?? It looks white on slate-grey to me, same as any other post... (with quotes being black on whitte)
    And the link is just an example, no need to click (it's an online D&D-related comic).

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Last edited by RedOrm; 10-17-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    It's easy, once you know how :P

Type (without the spaces) [ url = yoururl ] somefancy text [/url]

Example: [ url = http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0924.html ] Order o/t Stick [ /url ] becomes Order o/t Stick

(as you can see the original url is already made into a link by the forum, but that does not work on all fora and looks kinda clunky)

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    I am not going to click on this.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    I am not going to click on this.
    *shrug* why would you? It's just being used as an example. If you want to know how to post urls, read my post, no clicking required.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    *shrug* why would you? It's just being used as an example. If you want to know how to post urls, read my post, no clicking required.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    because I do not want to be hacked. I do not trust any link on these forums.
    Last edited by zDragonz; 10-17-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

*debates snarky reply*
    *shrugs and moves on*

Have a nice day.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

I do not know how to do this. I am 42 years old and not savvy with computers.

Best thing I can do is necro my own stuff.

I have never known how to post a link. I know what it is, but there is no training on this. I guess you all learned this in high school, but I graduated it '89. There was no internet then.
    We are the same age and graduated high school in the same year, so that's no excuse.

Regarding your color issues, you can fix them with this Stylebot, which can also be found on the first or second page in General Discussion. Thread title is Forums - Stylebot Changes

Guild TR is an interesting idea.

Having extended buffs would make it very desirable and worthwhile.

Guild 2nd life - buffs last twice as much.
    Guild 3rd life - buffs last thrice as much. (So three hour buffs instead of one hour buffs)

And so on.
    Player of Garach - 48 TR, 13 IR, 21 ER

If you get a chance take a look at my Thread on this subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowwer View Post
    Link pls these beer goggles really effect my search fu

(Let this 49-y-o help ya out there, sonny.)

Link: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...100-eventually

I do not know how to do this. I am 42 years old and not savvy with computers....

Or what Red was explaining, your link would look like this: zDragonz's thread.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 10-18-2013 at 07:48 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    (Let this 49-y-o help ya out there, sonny.)

Link: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...100-eventually

Or what Red was explaining, your link would look like this: zDragonz's thread.
    Ty

It seems to be that having renown go beyond level 100 without a cap was a flaw they didn't think through in the design of the system. It needed to go beyond obviously so decay didn't take your level 100 away everyday, but there needed to be some sort of cap say 55 mil for example

1. So guilds couldn't just go into cruise control so to speak without having to worry about losing level 100 while decay was in place and

2. So that now when its time to possibly expand or overhaul the system you don't have guilds that have banked renown jumping straight to where ever they expand it to.

Solution reset all guilds back to 50 mil, Watch out here comes the nerdrage. Let them take just a percentage of renown on to the expansion or TR, again some nerdrage probably not as much. Or leave all the renown in place, nerds are happy the forums remain somewhat peaceful. Thoughts...
    Gemdeath (Gimp Completionist)
    Wolfclan Wharfrat Furios and others. Yes my grammer sucks

Resetting Guilds that have been level 100 for quite a while back to 50 million. No Please.

My solution:

Level 101: 100 million
    102 150 million
    103 200 million
    and son on, 50 million per level above 100.

If they were to introduce this today for example there might be one or two level 100 guilds per server that would be level 101 right away. Doubt any would be level 102. Think about rewards later.

Or keep guilds at level 100 and introduce some sort of way to spend renown. Guilds who have earned more than 50 million renown could then do so.

Or re-introduce Guild Decay. There was a reason this was done in the first place and I can see why.

Hah yeah, TR your guild and kick out everyone who doesn't play 40 hours per week so you can get the small guild bonus until you are back to cap?

I bet that will be GREAT for the pop
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12