Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Community Member Ermin_Sivarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    118

    Default Changes to experience in update 20

    My understanding is that they are changing experience in update 20 to make it more front-loaded, requiring more experience to level up at the lower levels. I'm uncertain what that will do for characters who are already level 16, but i'm guessing it would grant them more expereince. My concern is for TR's and new characters who start at level one. This will make leveling at the lower levels harder, while make it easier to level at the later levlels. Most of my characters are lvl 11 or higher, so for me its great if I'm getting free experience. But for those who are starting the game, it will make the game harder to level up, and thus not be good for new players joining the game. Anyone else concerned about the experience changes in update 20?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Community Member Satyriasys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ermin_Sivarch View Post
    My understanding is that they are changing experience in update 20 to make it more front-loaded, requiring more experience to level up at the lower levels. I'm uncertain what that will do for characters who are already level 16, but i'm guessing it would grant them more expereince. My concern is for TR's and new characters who start at level one. This will make leveling at the lower levels harder, while make it easier to level at the later levlels. Most of my characters are lvl 11 or higher, so for me its great if I'm getting free experience. But for those who are starting the game, it will make the game harder to level up, and thus not be good for new players joining the game. Anyone else concerned about the experience changes in update 20?
    You will not get "free experience" but your character level will be adjusted to the new curve.
    Join Date: Nov 2009

  4. #4
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    4,125

    Default

    Specifics are here:
    Code:
    Level	Old 1st Life	New 1st Life			Old 2nd Life	New 2nd Life			Old 3rd Life	New 3rd Life	
    1	        0	        0	      0		        0	        0	      0		        0	        0	      0
    2	    5,000	    4,000	  1,000		    5,250	    6,000	   -750		    5,500	    8,000	 -2,500
    3	   20,000	   16,000	  4,000		   21,750	   24,000	 -2,250		   23,500	   32,000	 -8,500
    4	   50,000	   40,000	 10,000		   56,250	   60,000	 -3,750		   62,500	   80,000	-17,500
    5	   90,000	   72,000	 18,000		  104,250	  108,000	 -3,750		  118,500	  144,000	-25,500
    6	  140,000	  112,000	 28,000		  166,750	  168,000	 -1,250		  193,500	  224,000	-30,500
    7	  200,000	  160,000	 40,000		  244,750	  240,000	  4,750		  289,500	  320,000	-30,500
    8	  270,000	  225,000	 45,000		  339,250	  337,500	  1,750		  408,500	  450,000	-41,500
    9	  350,000	  305,000	 45,000		  451,250	  457,500	 -6,250		  552,500	  610,000	-57,500
    10	  440,000	  400,000	 40,000		  581,750	  600,000	-18,250		  723,500	  800,000	-76,500
    11	  550,000	  510,000	 40,000		  746,750	  765,000	-18,250		  943,500	1,020,000	-76,500
    12	  660,000	  630,000	 30,000		  917,250	  945,000	-27,750		1,174,500	1,260,000	-85,500
    13	  780,000	  760,000	 20,000		1,109,250	1,140,000	-30,750		1,438,500	1,520,000	-81,500
    14	  910,000	  900,000	 10,000		1,323,750	1,350,000	-26,250		1,737,500	1,800,000	-62,500
    15	1,050,000	1,050,000	      0		1,561,750	1,575,000	-13,250		2,073,500	2,100,000	-26,500
    16	1,200,000	1,210,000	-10,000		1,824,250	1,815,000	  9,250		2,448,500	2,420,000	 28,500
    17	1,360,000	1,375,000	-15,000		2,112,250	2,062,500	 49,750		2,864,500	2,750,000	114,500
    18	1,530,000	1,545,000	-15,000		2,426,750	2,317,500	109,250		3,323,500	3,090,000	233,500
    19	1,710,000	1,720,000	-10,000		2,768,750	2,580,000	188,750		3,827,500	3,440,000	387,500
    20	1,900,000	1,900,000	      0		3,139,250	2,850,000	289,250		4,378,500	3,800,000	578,500
    1st life = less XP to 15, same at 15, more to 20, same at 20
    2nd life = more xp to 15 with 7 and 8 being less then less to 20, 289k less overall
    3rd life = more xp to 15, less to 20, 578k less overall

    If you were just to one-and-done on elite on a 3rd life, you actually end up with 34k more xp because of the increased amount of streak xp.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    859

    Default

    New characters are having XP requirements reduced at low levels, not increased, with the difference being made up here and there in the mid- and high-levels. Second life characters stay roughly the same for low- and mid-levels and go down at high levels. TR2+ characters are the only ones with increased XP required in low- and mid-levels, and they also require less at high levels.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ermin_Sivarch View Post
    My understanding is that they are changing experience in update 20 to make it more front-loaded, requiring more experience to level up at the lower levels. [...] But for those who are starting the game, it will make the game harder to level up, and thus not be good for new players joining the game.
    It's actually less xp for new players getting started, not more. The curve is essentially "middle loaded," with both the low and high levels requiring less xp. Here is the comparison:


    Overall
    A simple difference. Green numbers denote you need less xp to achieve that level, red means more. The number shows how much more or less you need. Blank if there is no change.

    Levelup
    This shows the difference getting from the previous level to the current level. This column ignores level 19 entirely; the Levelup numbers for level 20 show how much more or less xp you need to get from 18 to 20.


    Code:
    Level       First        Lama     Overall     Levelup
        1                                                
        2       5,000       4,000      -1,000      -1,000
        3      20,000      16,000      -4,000      -3,000
        4      50,000      40,000     -10,000      -6,000
        5      90,000      72,000     -18,000      -8,000
        6     140,000     112,000     -28,000     -10,000
        7     200,000     160,000     -40,000     -12,000
        8     270,000     225,000     -45,000      -5,000
        9     350,000     305,000     -45,000            
       10     440,000     400,000     -40,000       5,000
       11     550,000     510,000     -40,000            
       12     660,000     630,000     -30,000      10,000
       13     780,000     760,000     -20,000      10,000
       14     910,000     900,000     -10,000      10,000
       15   1,050,000   1,050,000                  10,000
       16   1,200,000   1,210,000      10,000      10,000
       17   1,360,000   1,375,000      15,000       5,000
       18   1,530,000   1,545,000      15,000            
       19   1,710,000   1,720,000      10,000            
       20   1,900,000   1,900,000                 -15,000
    Code:
    Level      Second        Lama     Overall    By Level
        1                                                
        2       5,250       6,000         750         750
        3      21,750      24,000       2,250       1,500
        4      56,250      60,000       3,750       1,500
        5     104,250     108,000       3,750            
        6     166,750     168,000       1,250      -2,500
        7     244,750     240,000      -4,750      -6,000
        8     339,250     337,500      -1,750       3,000
        9     451,250     457,500       6,250       8,000
       10     581,750     600,000      18,250      12,000
       11     746,750     765,000      18,250            
       12     917,250     945,000      27,750       9,500
       13   1,109,250   1,140,000      30,750       3,000
       14   1,323,750   1,350,000      26,250      -4,500
       15   1,561,750   1,575,000      13,250     -13,000
       16   1,824,250   1,815,000      -9,250     -22,500
       17   2,112,250   2,062,500     -49,750     -40,500
       18   2,426,750   2,317,500    -109,250     -59,500
       19   2,768,750   2,580,000    -188,750            
       20   3,139,250   2,850,000    -289,250    -180,000
    Code:
    Level      Third+        Lama     Overall    By Level
        1                                                
        2       5,500       8,000       2,500       2,500
        3      23,500      32,000       8,500       6,000
        4      62,500      80,000      17,500       9,000
        5     118,500     144,000      25,500       8,000
        6     193,500     224,000      30,500       5,000
        7     289,500     320,000      30,500            
        8     408,500     450,000      41,500      11,000
        9     552,500     610,000      57,500      16,000
       10     723,500     800,000      76,500      19,000
       11     943,500   1,020,000      76,500            
       12   1,174,500   1,260,000      85,500       9,000
       13   1,438,500   1,520,000      81,500      -4,000
       14   1,737,500   1,800,000      62,500     -19,000
       15   2,073,500   2,100,000      26,500     -36,000
       16   2,448,500   2,420,000     -28,500     -55,000
       17   2,864,500   2,750,000    -114,500     -86,000
       18   3,323,500   3,090,000    -233,500    -119,000
       19   3,827,500   3,440,000    -387,500            
       20   4,378,500   3,800,000    -578,500    -345,000


    For a brand new player starting their first life on level 1, they need 1000 xp less than live to get to level 2, 3000 less to get from 2 to 3, 6000 less to get from 3 to 4, 8000 less to get from 4 to 5, etc... The first time they will need to earn more xp to take their next level compared to live is going from 9 to 10.

  7. #7
    Community Member Khalesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    238

    Default

    Looking at 3rd Life+ I see so much win here

    Overall experience required has been reduced by 578'500 for whole life but the impact is felt greatly at the levels that are currently a slog (17-20). Looking at the tables you can see where the experience has been shifted to.

    Whereas before leveling from 17 to 30 took 1'514'000 XP with the new system this would only take 1'050'000 XP.

    Also the at lower levels it is very common to hold back on leveling. The new system would have the benefit of effectively eliminating the need to bank XP at lower levels

    As another poster said just run through each quest once on Elite and you are golden!


    Level XP Total XP / Level XP / Lvl
    Live Lamania Live Lamania Variance
    1 - - - -
    2 5,500 8,000 5,500 8,000 2,500
    3 23,500 32,000 18,000 24,000 6,000
    4 62,500 80,000 39,000 48,000 9,000
    5 118,500 144,000 56,000 64,000 8,000
    6 193,500 224,000 75,000 80,000 5,000
    7 289,500 320,000 96,000 96,000 -
    8 408,500 450,000 119,000 130,000 11,000
    9 552,500 610,000 144,000 160,000 16,000
    10 723,500 800,000 171,000 190,000 19,000
    11 943,500 1,020,000 220,000 220,000 -
    12 1,174,500 1,260,000 231,000 240,000 9,000
    13 1,438,500 1,520,000 264,000 260,000 -4,000
    14 1,737,500 1,800,000 299,000 280,000 -19,000
    15 2,073,500 2,100,000 336,000 300,000 -36,000
    16 2,448,500 2,420,000 375,000 320,000 -55,000
    17 2,864,500 2,750,000 416,000 330,000 -86,000
    18 3,323,500 3,090,000 459,000 340,000 -119,000
    19 3,827,500 3,440,000 504,000 350,000 -154,000
    20 4,378,500 3,800,000 551,000 360,000 -191,000


    Level XP / Lvl
    Variance
    1 -
    2 2,500
    3 6,000
    4 9,000
    5 8,000
    6 5,000
    7 -
    8 11,000
    9 16,000
    10 19,000
    11 -
    12 9,000
    13 -4,000
    14 -19,000
    15 -36,000
    16 -55,000
    17 -86,000
    18 -119,000
    19 -154,000
    20 -191,000

    First table looks bad second better

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Specifics are here:
    Code:
    Level	Old 1st Life	New 1st Life			Old 2nd Life	New 2nd Life			Old 3rd Life	New 3rd Life	
    1	        0	        0	      0		        0	        0	      0		        0	        0	      0
    2	    5,000	    4,000	  1,000		    5,250	    6,000	   -750		    5,500	    8,000	 -2,500
    3	   20,000	   16,000	  4,000		   21,750	   24,000	 -2,250		   23,500	   32,000	 -8,500
    4	   50,000	   40,000	 10,000		   56,250	   60,000	 -3,750		   62,500	   80,000	-17,500
    5	   90,000	   72,000	 18,000		  104,250	  108,000	 -3,750		  118,500	  144,000	-25,500
    6	  140,000	  112,000	 28,000		  166,750	  168,000	 -1,250		  193,500	  224,000	-30,500
    7	  200,000	  160,000	 40,000		  244,750	  240,000	  4,750		  289,500	  320,000	-30,500
    8	  270,000	  225,000	 45,000		  339,250	  337,500	  1,750		  408,500	  450,000	-41,500
    9	  350,000	  305,000	 45,000		  451,250	  457,500	 -6,250		  552,500	  610,000	-57,500
    10	  440,000	  400,000	 40,000		  581,750	  600,000	-18,250		  723,500	  800,000	-76,500
    11	  550,000	  510,000	 40,000		  746,750	  765,000	-18,250		  943,500	1,020,000	-76,500
    12	  660,000	  630,000	 30,000		  917,250	  945,000	-27,750		1,174,500	1,260,000	-85,500
    13	  780,000	  760,000	 20,000		1,109,250	1,140,000	-30,750		1,438,500	1,520,000	-81,500
    14	  910,000	  900,000	 10,000		1,323,750	1,350,000	-26,250		1,737,500	1,800,000	-62,500
    15	1,050,000	1,050,000	      0		1,561,750	1,575,000	-13,250		2,073,500	2,100,000	-26,500
    16	1,200,000	1,210,000	-10,000		1,824,250	1,815,000	  9,250		2,448,500	2,420,000	 28,500
    17	1,360,000	1,375,000	-15,000		2,112,250	2,062,500	 49,750		2,864,500	2,750,000	114,500
    18	1,530,000	1,545,000	-15,000		2,426,750	2,317,500	109,250		3,323,500	3,090,000	233,500
    19	1,710,000	1,720,000	-10,000		2,768,750	2,580,000	188,750		3,827,500	3,440,000	387,500
    20	1,900,000	1,900,000	      0		3,139,250	2,850,000	289,250		4,378,500	3,800,000	578,500
    1st life = less XP to 15, same at 15, more to 20, same at 20
    2nd life = more xp to 15 with 7 and 8 being less then less to 20, 289k less overall
    3rd life = more xp to 15, less to 20, 578k less overall

    If you were just to one-and-done on elite on a 3rd life, you actually end up with 34k more xp because of the increased amount of streak xp.
    Just a head's up that code windows on these forums inexplicably wrap lines instead of offering horizontal scrollbars. So, for example, on my 1024x768 display your post looks like this:



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Just a head's up that code windows on these forums inexplicably wrap lines instead of offering horizontal scrollbars. So, for example, on my 1024x768 display your post looks like this:



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Lesson learned. Never use Firefox.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Lesson learned. Never use Firefox.
    I was forced to switch to firefox when they changed the forums. I should probably thank them; up until April I was using IE8. (I have no interest in anything google, so no chrome for me. No gmail either.)

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    You will not get "free experience" but your character level will be adjusted to the new curve.
    has this been confirmed? plenty have asked, but i haven't seen a dev response.

  12. #12
    Community Member Satyriasys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    has this been confirmed? plenty have asked, but i haven't seen a dev response.
    That is what currently happens if you transfer a character to Lammania.
    Join Date: Nov 2009

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    has this been confirmed? plenty have asked, but i haven't seen a dev response.
    Dev just now(ish) responded to the specific question here.

  14. #14
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Dev just now(ish) responded to the specific question here.
    So I guess I can park my tr at 3.8 mill xp and wait until the update and then take 20 as soon as it goes live
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  15. #15
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    So I guess I can park my tr at 3.8 mill xp and wait until the update and then take 20 as soon as it goes live
    with no idea when the Update is coming I will just keep grinding away.

    when the Update is announced I may grind to lvl 28 to meet it if I can and grab an Epic PL right away. Depends more details are needed before I make the call.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    So I guess I can park my tr at 3.8 mill xp and wait until the update and then take 20 as soon as it goes live
    Unless you don't play it much I would just keep TRing and wait to park your character until the Update is on its way. I am not even sure Update 20 will be out this year (though I certainly hope so) and that it is a long time to park a character that you like to play.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

  17. #17

    Default

    The changes to the curve are very well done. Softening the run home in the upper teens is handy.

  18. #18
    Community Member IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,308

    Default

    Why did they make the lower levels even more of a blur?

    I know people who wear Korthos gear until they can equip their green steel it goes by so fast and so trivial.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    857

    Default

    Is it just me or did they do this so stone of exp lvls you to 20 right away
    And are hoping for more cash income by lowering the experience like that ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload