Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default If you are in same spot as another toon there should be penalties

-10 to hit for melee

Concentration check for casters

Just create a small aura type area for every character.

More realistic.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Realism should automatically be discounted as a reason.

I can throw fireballs made out of bat **** and farts.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    -10 to hit for melee

More realistic.
    because you know, after swimming in sewer sludge, fighting mental battles with mindflayers, standing against a Devil invasion, being tossed into liquidated arcane augmented crystals by a living God of war, navigating a rift between worlds to facing a Goddess of pure evil ... having someone standing next to you should like totally screw up your concentration.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    because you know, after swimming in sewer sludge, fighting mental battles with mindflayers, standing against a Devil invasion, being tossed into liquidated arcane augmented crystals by a living God of war, navigating a rift between worlds to facing a Goddess of pure evil ... having someone standing next to you should like totally screw up your concentration.
    You hit a caster or get hit a spell is ruined. Does not matter what levels you are. Why should a friend be any different if they bump into you.

5 melees standing in the same spot hacking away and not hitting eachother is stupid. Lets just say you would not hit your buddy, but it should make things harder.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

You hit a caster or get hit a spell is ruined. Does not matter what levels you are. Why should a friend be any different if they bump into you.

5 melees standing in the same spot hacking away and not hitting eachother is stupid. Lets just say you would not hit your buddy, but it should make things harder.
    Right, because you know, being able to carry the weight of a medium size truck in my back pack and still not be burdened, 12 sets of weapons and shields that I can swap to in a moments notice, with I might add, only my 'inventory" to hold all this in, which is made up of two separate bags of holding, while also being able to sort through and drink a dozen different potions while in the middle of being covered in Fire, Acid, and struck my electricity, while wearing full plate armor I might add, the guy next to me, should so totally drop my ability to hit a mob, it just makes sense somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    Realism should automatically be discounted as a reason.

I can throw fireballs made out of bat **** and farts.
    Which are explosive irl

Community Member

Right, because you know, being able to carry the weight of a medium size truck in my back pack and still not be burdened, 12 sets of weapons and shields that I can swap to in a moments notice, with I might add, only my 'inventory" to hold all this in, which is made up of two separate bags of holding, while also being able to sort through and drink a dozen different potions while in the middle of being covered in Fire, Acid, and struck my electricity, while wearing full plate armor I might add, the guy next to me, should so totally drop my ability to hit a mob, it just makes sense somehow.

Yeah, you should have 3 sets of weapons quickly. Everything else should have a time penalty. Maybe increase the time on certain gear swaps too.

-5 to hit or -5 Concentration for every toon in your 5 foot area.

That should make things interesting. The game needs more dynamics to combat. They can do it. If my healing aura can sense who is in it then they can do these negatives.

Should revolutionize the game.

Sorry I want to make the game harder for you. Don't worry. You can adapt.

Yeah, you should have 3 sets of weapons quickly. Everything else should have a time penalty. Maybe increase the time on certain gear swaps too.

-5 to hit or -5 Concentration for every toon in your 5 foot area.

That should make things interesting. The game needs more dynamics to combat. They can do it. If my healing aura can sense who is in it then they can do these negatives.

Should revolutionize the game.
    Oh it would Ghostbane it something right proper...

-10 to hit for melee

More realistic.
    Also have AOE spells hurt friend and foe alike - more realistic.

Or just remove magic and supernatural creatures from the game - more realistic.

Community Member

Oh no! It might cause more teamwork? Or more soloing. lol

Well won't that make Lloth a pleasure to fight.
    *wipes the dripping sarcasm from lips*

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    This too.

Would change the game. I suppose there could be a magical excuse to not hurt friends if too many players would leave the game because of it. Around the time the good area effect spells come they can make some excuse that there is a magical link preventing damage to friends, but unless you are incorporeal standing next to someone should matter.

What is the big deal with concentration checks and to hit penalties? Don't think you can handle the challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post

Or just remove magic and supernatural creatures from the game - more realistic.
    No it isn't. Magic and creatures ARE realistic in the DDO world. Walking through other people is not. (unless by magic)
    Just because it is a fantasy environment doesn't mean the laws of physics go out the window. I don't see how people constantly fail to understand this.

This too.

Would change the game. I suppose there could be a magical excuse to not hurt friends if too many players would leave the game because of it. Around the time the good area effect spells come they can make some excuse that there is a magical link preventing damage to friends, but unless you are incorporeal standing next to someone should matter.

What is the big deal with concentration checks and to hit penalties? Don't think you can handle the challenge?
    Apparently you missed that I wasn't being serious.

Non-discriminating AOE effects like fireball/wall of fire or (great) cleave, i.e. friendly fire of any kind, would not only open unlimited possibilities of griefing party members, it would also slow down gameplay to almost a standstill, as the cleric who wants to cast cometfall or the fighter who wants to make a whirlwind attack would have to warn everyone and make sure nobody is in the affected area.

This kind of thing works in a turn-based environment (as proven by my weekly RPG group ), but I doubt it would be in any way beneficial in a real-time combat system.

The same applies to penalties invoked by standing in the same spot. At most there should be some kind of grid* that prevents two or more creatures from occupying the same spot - at least this way, while making it impossible for player characters to "stack" in one square, defending narrow passages with few characters would become easier ("more realistic").

*edit: or aura around characters which prevents others from entering the same spot
    Last edited by Gizeh; 10-16-2013 at 11:14 PM.

This too.

Whats the big deal with people without healing amp getting their own curses? you cant handle healing them? its too hard for you?
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

What nonsense are you spouting?

PENALTIES for standing near each other? I suppose the legions of Rome did it wrong? (Or the spartans... but the Romans had more math.)

Why would arcanes get a penalty standing together? What infernal reason can you devise?

Also, Lolth. 1 melee, 11 rangers. Gotcha.

Thank you for the laugh.

P.s. I tried to give you a +1 but it appears that too is broken...
    /sigh

Reason not to do it? It's a video game designed to be played by many people, adding this in would be a detriment to fun game play in groups. Less fun = less players = less money = no game.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast