Well here's their solution

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Well here's their solution
    Hehe, yeah, doubt that's a coincidence.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I guess the OP was right. Clever.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Maybe that will mean my one toon with 16 pages of "imminent" items will finally have that list cleared.

No, forever buyback has not felt like a feature, it has been an annoyance.

Community Member

So I just found out several that exploited were able to buy back everything Turbine deleted before they closed the buy back.

/slow clap

Good Job

Community Member

Can't you just not login until it is restored. Always seemed to me the "clock" on buyback doesn't run unless you log on (which is why my tabs have items even after months away). Maybe that's incorrect though....maybe like everything else, the system is just buggy.

/shrug

Heaven forbid the legit players accidentally sell something they wanted to keep. Awesome solutions...... ... _ _ _ ...
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    ...if only someone had told them about this possibility, then duping characters wouldn't have been able to buy back their duped items with the plat that they made by duping. Why doesn't anyone ever warn Turbine about these kinds of possibilities?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Heaven forbid the legit players accidentally sell something they wanted to keep. Awesome solutions...... ... _ _ _ ...
    There goes that temporary inventory storage method (at least for the moment)

Community Member

Thumbs down

Those who manage this game must really get their act together, because these basic observations by the public are overlooked even when they have provided ample public notice.

I seriously doubt that no-one at Turbine knew about this, so it is more than likely they don't tell management because they don't respect it themselves - and from what I have seen in my modest participation period, WHY WOULD THEY!!!

reaction time of staff is awesome .....almost five days to take some action on duping affair. and twelve days for this one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    It seems to me that there exists another issue involving the GMs having access to the players' TP and CC info while logged in as the Player. I can't exactly put my finger on what that issue is at the moment, since my tinfoil hat is out for drycleaning.
    No more of an issue than you have every time you buy anything with a CC actually. With the same recourse as any time you buy anything with a CC.

They don't need to access your account to buy you more TPs with your CC as they have all that information available elsewhere, not to mention that it would be stupid to do so regardless. Might as well hang a "please arrest me" sign around their neck as to do so.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    It's an undocumented vip bonus from what I can tell. Everyone that has talked about longer buy back times at least sometimes goes vip.
    Sounds to me like it's more likely a bug, from other peoples' responses. I can think of ways that a database error could cause an item to never be removed from buy-back status. And then it might stay on buy back forever, or only until some database cleanup process was run, or... all sorts of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    Sounds to me like it's more likely a bug, from other peoples' responses. I can think of ways that a database error could cause an item to never be removed from buy-back status. And then it might stay on buy back forever, or only until some database cleanup process was run, or... all sorts of possibilities.
    Seems most likely to me, given that I (had?) about 16 pages over the course of several lives to account for last time I checked.

this is SOO typical turbine....

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    ... Why doesn't anyone ever warn Turbine about these kinds of possibilities?

This is rhetorical right?

Community Member

Wow....just wow.

It's like the keystone cops. Why even bother trying Turbine?

OP - "Hey, there is this giant hole in the bank wall! Maybe you should fix it before the robbers get out of jail!"

Turbine - "Um....duh....um....duh...."

OP - "Hey you f-----g morons! Fix the f-----g hole, the robbers are stealing all the s--t you confiscated from them that they stole from you before!"

Turbine - "Um....duh....um....maybe....um....the bank is closed now. Nothing to see here. Go about your business."

Some guy I grouped with was boasting about his 2500 flawless dragon scales of each color and 500 coms...so, clearly, he hadn't been banned or had his stuff deleted. He was saying he was going to TR and leave that stuff in his TR cache as if that was some sort of protection against it being deleted.

So...is that a solution for these cheats?

And, no, I didn't report him. That's not a thing I do - sure, I was annoyed by his overt bragging but his ill gotten gains don't make him a better player

If Turbine was serious about finding these people, would it be so hard to write a program to look for coms in stacks of 100s? I don't know anything about programming, so just wondering how that is done.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I don't know anything about programming, so just wondering how that is done.
    you should apply for a job at turbine

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast