Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    In the end I would hate to be stuck going through this whole mess and the GMs have my sympathy.
    If it's true that this bug was reported during Lammania, then they categorically do NOT have mine. Let this be a lesson to them not to release Lamma-reported bugs to Live.

If I'm talking out of my ass, then, my apologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Exclamation No Accountability = No Remorse

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I dont think they can access your CC information but if they are logged into your character they would have access to your TP but you get a email when you spend tp confirming dellivery and you would be able to show you were banned during that time so it would be easy to prove.
    And that would be great IF we actually were guaranteed to get an email, but it has been shown that is not the case. I seem to miss about 1 in 10 purchase confirmations. Specially the Weekly Special/Deal of the Week: I will have the item in my inventory, the code will show up as used but the in-game 2 month TP log does not show a 0tp purchase nor does a purchase email show up. That is just my personal experience with the DDOS…

Next we have to consider that despite claiming to email out account action emails, clearly some people are not getting them; people that are otherwise receiving Turbine emails.

Finally, while they are logged in they also have access to your Astral Diamonds & Shards and there is no log for those.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post
    And that would be great IF we actually were guaranteed to get an email, but it has been shown that is not the case. I seem to miss about 1 in 10 purchase confirmations. Specially the Weekly Special/Deal of the Week: I will have the item in my inventory, the code will show up as used but the in-game 2 month TP log does not show a 0tp purchase nor does a purchase email show up. That is just my personal experience with the DDOS…

Next we have to consider that despite claiming to email out account action emails, clearly some people are not getting them; people that are otherwise receiving Turbine emails.

Finally, while they are logged in they also have access to your Astral Diamonds & Shards and there is no log for those.
    I guess that will teach some people a very important lesson.

Cheating is bad, yesssss?

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

If you made shards off of duplicated items in any way you need to lose them(not saying you did saying using you as a generic term for who gain shards this way)

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Default yawn

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post

buying dupes is fine, mmmkay?

Call account owner and ask what is up. Guy is at work and poos his pants that his account has been hacked because HE is certainly not the one on it. Contact in game GM about account hacking – nothing… Call Turbine, receive response that No, Turbine does not access accounts.

Confront Turbine & Tolero changes the message to yes they are accessing accounts directly.

Years ago I had my account deliberately accessed by Turbine with my permission and full knowledge: the hoops I had to go through for this in order to fix my character leaves me with SERIOUS account security & accountability issues.
    Turbine probably didn’t access his or her account. There is a difference between accessing the account, and accessing the actual character.

And years ago the means by which accounts were handled are much different than they are now. Remember, they made changes to the forum access via the account ID. So account handling as changed since the last time Turbine accessed your account.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post

It's Turbine who is at fault here by ignoring customer feedback.

It took them days (weeks?) to react.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    If it's true that this bug was reported during Lammania, then they categorically do NOT have mine. Let this be a lesson to them not to release Lamma-reported bugs to Live.

If I'm talking out of my ass, then, my apologies.
    GMs don't have the ability to fix bugs. They only get stuck cleaning up the mess after it has gone live. The GMs still have my sympathy.

Anyone in Dev or QA who saw a bug report who let the bug go live through a hot fix and two patches do not.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    I don't know about y'all but I still have stuff in buyback from 2 lives ago. (And, no, I don't TR that fast by any stretch.)
    Mine is gone after 48 hours.
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Mine is gone after 48 hours.
    It's an undocumented vip bonus from what I can tell. Everyone that has talked about longer buy back times at least sometimes goes vip.

Nah man I've been VIP for 2 accounts since early 09. We were actually talking about this in team speak the other night...I don't know what causes some to have longer than others but its not tied to VIP.

Or if it is im getting hosed lol

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I was with you on that with this till I learned the gm's are having to log onto the characters to delete duped items on the public server in such a visible way. That pretty much wiped out the credit I had given them on this and makes me very cynical on if it's going to be done "right".

edit*
    Any exploit correction team should be like ninja's in and out with the target destroyed with no one ever seeing them.
    Maybe doing this out in pubilic on a live server is likening to giving the dupers and their associates the eponymous middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    Nah man I've been VIP for 2 accounts since early 09. We were actually talking about this in team speak the other night...I don't know what causes some to have longer than others but its not tied to VIP.
    That is odd then hmmmm. Well some people do get the long buy back time and I am one of them. Very odd.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Thanx for the link, but I'm seriously hoping you're wrong about his source of info.

If your not wrong, my only response could be:
    Seriously Charononus?! What in ^that^ leads you to believe they're draggin' & droppin' things from inventories? I would think they're more likely using some dev magic eraser/item nuke button; though even that's just an another assumption as there is zero in Tolero's post to suggest what their method of carrying out the item removals are.

But I'm hoping that you (Phoenix) are wrong and that Mr. C will reply with the real source...
    I think they are posting the duped items on A$AH to get some of those astral shards out of the economy seriously, there is steady flow of obviously duped items on Sarlona's ASAH, very low prices, not as low as before the fix but still too low, people buy them (I watch them disappear) and minutes later more of the same are posted.

Default Weird for me

When i destroy my items they are totally gone from my buy back option the next time I reload the game from scratch and log in. I am VIP.
    Lightsocket, Lightarrow, Lighter, Lighttank, Lightzapper
    Lightmeup, Lightsage, Lightemup, Lightrock, Lightbright, Lightsurge, Lightmaker, Lightbeam, Lightmist

Quote Originally Posted by cnynridr2 View Post
    When i destroy my items they are totally gone from my buy back option the next time I reload the game from scratch and log in. I am VIP.
    Where I have stuff from 3 or 4 weeks ago. Very very odd, guess there is yet another bugged system in ddo, surprise surprise.

Community Member

They could be doing the deletions this way to make use of unskilled labor: Someone with skills makes a list of characters/accounts that need attention then someone without skills goes in and delivers the extreme prejudice. Not everyone at Turbine works with the code.

But Char-O is right. Please make sure they can't just buyback those ill-gotten goods.

Community Member

bump

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast