Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    "Fertile Mule" or "When Mules Foal", is just a fancy way to say "Once in a Blue Moon" or other such phrasing to mean very rare.
    Berrrt - incorrect try again.

A "fertile mule" is impossible, by definition. When using that phrase you're not saying "once in a blue moon" (which would mean rare, as blue moons DO happen, just extremely rarely) you're actually saying "never" because you're equating what you said to an impossibility.

Swing and a miss my friend.

Countdown to when Tolero or Cordovan closes this once-promising thread due to the degeneration into personal attacks: 5... 4... 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
    Berrrt - incorrect try again.

A "fertile mule" is impossible, by definition. When using that phrase you're not saying "once in a blue moon" (which would mean rare, as blue moons DO happen, just extremely rarely) you're actually saying "never" because you're equating what you said to an impossibility.

Swing and a miss my friend.
    Just to make sure you are clear on this; It is possible for a mule to foal, however, only 1 in a thousand embryos actually survive - It is documented and honestly rarer than a Blue Moon.

But to be fair we don't know how often Ungood looks at the LFMs, what times they commonly play, so it is possible that in their mind the occurrence of such LFMs are rare, for them it is True. It may not matter to them that others have chimed in with different views, because these views cannot be substantiated by their own knowledge and view of the DDO world.

Community Member

Lol really? Well I guess I'm wrong on that. Stupid 3 seconds of internet searching not being reliable.

It was a matter of deduction, I found it very nonplussing that they would claim that they put "No Hires" in the LFM but in their second example, they were obviously OK with Hire for the start of the quest, and only had an issue once someone else wanted to join, so that leads me to believe that there was not any real "No Hire" directly stated in the LFM.
    perhaps it's a mood thing - i can't know, you probably can't either. perhaps by that point they'd given up on bothering posting "no hires" because people ignored it.

Now, here is a good question, What is your motive to believe them beyond they said so, they could be lying or embellishing, and you have no way to know, so what is your motive to believe they are in fact telling the truth?
    i didn't say they were telling the truth, or even that i thought they were telling the truth. i can't be bothered to rant about strawmen. here's a convenient rant from earlier. you may recognise it.
    Where do you people get this stuff? Trying to have discussions on this forum is like trying to argue with someone on an acid trip where they just make up what other people say and respond to that no matter how ignorant or foolish they look or sound doing so. No wonder I can't have discussions or make points with people like you. Maybe today you will learn how to read what people actually write.

I don't think you will, in fact, I don't think you ever will, and as much as I may one day like to be, I don't believe I will ever be proven wrong either by the likes of you.

TL-DR: If you can't respond to what I have actually said, stop showing your stupidity by quoting me and responding to some made up straw-man of yours.
    yeah, that'll do. right back at ya

what i think is that it doesn't matter one way or the other, because whatever your beliefs regarding the probabilities are, the situations described are plausible (unlikely perhaps, but not implausible), and i'm going to respond to that because that's what's there on the page. if it's untruthful, then the OP is screwing themselves out of an honest discussion, but since i have (at least in this instance) no way of knowing one way or the other, it's irrelevant to me.
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    perhaps it's a mood thing - i can't know, you probably can't either. perhaps by that point they'd given up on bothering posting "no hires" because people ignored it.

i didn't say they were telling the truth, or even that i thought they were telling the truth. i can't be bothered to rant about strawmen. here's a convenient rant from earlier. you may recognise it.

yeah, that'll do. right back at ya

what i think is that it doesn't matter one way or the other, because whatever your beliefs regarding the probabilities are, the situations described are plausible (unlikely perhaps, but not implausible), and i'm going to respond to that because that's what's there on the page. if it's untruthful, then the OP is screwing themselves out of an honest discussion, but since i have (at least in this instance) no way of knowing one way or the other, it's irrelevant to me.
    odd you defend something with no reason of your own to believe the authenticity or truth of it. fascinating.
    Last edited by Ungood; 10-17-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Community Member

"Why hello Pot."
    "Hello there Kettle."
    "I happen to notice that you are black, Kettle," says Pot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    mmm. odd. i've never EVER seen someone specify "no hires"
    I see it all the time on G-land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Now I think your just being stuborn or something everyone knows BYOH means heal thy self and not by a healer, you invited for one slot NOT TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No, everyone does not know this because it's not true, no matter many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you throw on there. A hireling is a walking, renewable heal pot. Therefore, it qualifies as BYOH. So if you dont' want hirelings, specify so in the LFM.

Now, while yes, the OP is whiny, at the same time, it's only considerate to ask before popping a hireling (just like it's considerate to ask before individual buffing), and you darned well should dismiss one if a real player wants to join the group.

As for PL being able to boot hires. . . I lean towards no, but at the end of the day, I don't think it would kill anyone to have the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    I see it all the time on G-land.

No, everyone does not know this because it's not true, no matter many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you throw on there. A hireling is a walking, renewable heal pot. Therefore, it qualifies as BYOH. So if you dont' want hirelings, specify so in the LFM.

Now, while yes, the OP is whiny, at the same time, it's only considerate to ask before popping a hireling (just like it's considerate to ask before individual buffing), and you darned well should dismiss one if a real player wants to join the group.

As for PL being able to boot hires. . . I lean towards no, but at the end of the day, I don't think it would kill anyone to have the feature.
    NO it doesn't your taking two slots and I have decided myself I wont tolerate it if its my lLFM I will leave quest come back in die and then leave and say why.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

odd you defend something with no reason of your own to believe the authenticity or truth of it. fascinating.
    o rly?

Wow. One of these threads about someone being a total jerk to strangers who make the mistake to join his group.

Lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    I post LFM: bring your own heals (not a hireling), in progress. In half of the quest, another player joins and pop a hireling. So I ask him to kick him out. Nothing happens. Course I can recall out, drop the party and squelch the player. But I won't because I am in the half of the quest already.
    so, the OP considers being a jerk to the other player, in retaliation (as far as anyone knows) for ignoring the LFM text, but apparently decides it just isn't worth the effort. yeah, that's awful. how could OP act in that manner?

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    Five players including me in the party. We step in a quest and someone pop hireling without asking. Well ok. He/she obviously needs heals. So I let the LFM up with: healer would be nice, send tell please (using hire). Few mins later I'll get a tell from a cleric who would like to join. So I ask the summoner to dismiss his hireling. No reaction. Seems like he/she can't live without his hjealmeh any second (until the real healer get in the quest) so I have to send sorry tells to the cleric because I have ignorant in the party.
    so, OP, who loathes hires, tolerates one in their party, and when a human playing a cleric asks to join, asks the player in question to dismiss their hire so another person playing a healer can come have some fun with them. that's just flat out disgusting. then, when their party member won't dismiss, OP totally crosses the line by apologising to the player who wants to join. there are no words for how terrible this is - it's practically tantamount to, oh, i dunno, duping or something.

if you can't tell, i'm not defending anything. i just happen to take issue with the fact that you've attacked someone for (as far as anyone else here can actually discern) completely made-up reasons.

Well, In your first little bout of butt hurt: If you ask someone to have their own means to heal, and they pop a hire, then that is what they need to heal. Not sure why you need to get your britches in a knot about it, it's not your hire so you don't need to babysit it, it's theirs. So as opposed to whining on the forums, how about you grow some hair on your chest, ask them to pull their weight, move on with on your life.

In your second little bout of Butt Hurt: You did not need the cleric to start with, hence they BYOH, so why would it matter if a "healer" could not join later? Really, who uses "healers" these days anyway. If you are going to PUG a BYOH quest, that means you should be able to solo it and are only asking for company anyway, so what is your problem if someone pulls a hire.

Really, you're just whining to whine about people and their hires, I wish this was your last post on the topic, but it won't be. There will always be someone that has got to get their britches in a knot about some petty BS in the game, and really, people who stir the **** pot really ought be forced to lick the spoon.
    here's the spoon. enjoy.
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.

Yah, rly.

I have given my reasons, you have no given any reason for me to believe otherwise, or counted my points, and admited you have no motive to believe they are telling the truth.

I would call you a troll at this point.. but pufftthh.. lets not insult the trolls.. after all I am called one.
    all you've done is attacked the OP for reasons that are entirely of your own creation, not based in any shared, consensus reality, and then spent the thread trying to rationalise why you were right to do this.

can you produce any actual evidence to support your contentions that the OP is a jerk and a liar? if so, then please do.

I'm on the Orien server and I see byoh no hireling groups posted all the time.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

I have seen BYOH (No Hires) lfm's on several servers. I believe it is because of the disagreement on the scope of BYOH.

I agree with the preventative flags in lfm creation, but not with giving PL a /boot feature for hires.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    mmm. odd. i've never EVER seen someone specify "no hires"

i've seen plenty of BYOH which people typically assume to mean no hires, zerg, speed run, trapper needed, healer needed, hire in party - send tell... i've seen all those.. but never "no hires"

i can't say if the OP did actually post exactly that or not... i'm not the OP. i don't know. i can say i've never seen an LFM like that.

if he DID post exactly that, and someone popped a hire anyway... that's when it's time to 1. ask nicely to adhere to the request in the LFM panel, and if they don't, then 2. recall, reform, squelch.

if he did NOT post that, and all he posted was BYOH IP... he can be as ****y as he wants... meh. deal... and be more specific next time if it really bothers you that much that you have to ragepost about it
    LOL, as new player I thought BYOH explicitly meant "bring your own hire" if you wanted Hjeals. I mean why wouldn't it? It's as integral to the game as feeding TRs and Alts leveled loot.

I also had a party of zerging TRs, ALL CAPS their displeasure when I recalled/re-entered a quest... Hey, ya live and learn or ya get squelched.

I generally don't do PUGs unless it's a raid, but now when I see "Elite BYOH" I understand that the party leader is probably .a 3+Life TR that is just zerging for XPs and probably doesn't want to have to deal with someone who hasn't run a quest before.
    I'm okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    I generally don't do PUGs unless it's a raid, but now when I see "Elite BYOH" I understand that the party leader is probably .a 3+Life TR that is just zerging for XPs and probably doesn't want to have to deal with someone who hasn't run a quest before.
    I'm okay with that.
    If you are on Orien, and you see an LFM by Ungood, Feel free to join, even if it's your first time, and even if you need a hire, I will accept you, Just let me know.

It's a game to me, not a job, I don't get paid for this, so I am there to have fun. People who make this game toxic or hostile can ruin it for everyone, learn to move on from them, and try to find people that you like to run with.

If you are on Orien, and you see an LFM by Ungood, Feel free to join, even if it's your first time, and even if you need a hire, I will accept you, Just let me know.

It's a game to me, not a job, I don't get paid for this, so I am there to have fun. People who make this game toxic or hostile can ruin it for everyone, learn to move on from them, and try to find people that you like to run with.
    That's rich coming from the most toxic and hostile person in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    That's rich coming from the most toxic and hostile person in this thread.
    Meh. I'm not the one running to the forums with a bloody butt because someone summoned a hire in my group.. just saying.

Meh. I'm not the one running to the forums with a bloody butt because someone summoned a hire in my group.. just saying.
    No you're the guy that thinks he's reasonable while foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog.

Moderation Team IWPlatinumPlatypus's Avatar

Please keep this thread on topic! Stop insulting each other -_-

*Did you know!
    Platypuses spend nearly 17 hours a day resting in their burrows.

removed due to dev intervention.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast