Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 136
  1. #61
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    I personally have nothing against people using hires, but think that its polite to ask the party leader before summoning one and if the PL asks you to dismiss, you should.

    The only time ive actually gotten annoyed because someone has popped a hire, was one time when one of the partymembers decided to enter another quest (beats me why, it was an IP), and filled the party with hires.
    I did that to someone that kept spam inviting me to a party and wouldn't take no for an answer. So I eventually accepted after the tenth invite from the same person, walked into another quest, poped a hire to fill the party up then walked away to make dinner.

  2. #62
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I did that to someone that kept spam inviting me to a party and wouldn't take no for an answer. So I eventually accepted after the tenth invite from the same person, walked into another quest, poped a hire to fill the party up then walked away to make dinner.
    Well, we can establish it wasnt you, since i didnt ask him to join, and he sure wasnt making dinner.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  3. #63
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Man, that Ungood guy sure is weiner.

    Just to make sure I've understood this interaction;
    OP claims one thing then complains about.
    Ungood then calls the OP a liar, petty and makes a pretty bold claim that in 4 years x has never once happened on his watch.
    X number of people report otherwise yet Ungood continues to claim "illogical."
    OP confirms original statement, Ungood continues to act like everyone isn't proving him wrong.
    Ungood continues Internet tough guy routine on new people
    That about right?

    Well, petty was the right word. Just directed at the wrong poster.

  4. #64
    Community Member jonqrandom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I can say on Orien, for 4 years, they are about a rare as a fertile mule.
    so what? you said they didn't happen.at all. no matter how rare they are (and your analogy is way out of scale), that's not the same thing. part of your argument is based on "they don't exist", but they do. several people have now reported this to be the case.

    so - is everyone lying to you, or have you learned something new today?
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

  5. #65
    Community Member Ausdoerrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    For some reason I read the thread title as "Why can't the leader of the party be hireling?"

    I was much more excited about that thread than this one.
    It's possible. I even had a screenshot somewhere
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

  6. #66
    Community Member lyrecono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    In half of the quest, another player joins and pop a hireling.
    poor guy must have been running that barb for years, they get used to the hireling thing faster then anyone else :P
    on a serious note, if you play well, that hire will make it to the end unscaved.
    on non self healing toons i usualy cary a hire as a back up to potions/scrolls, just in case, good puggers are hard to find , let allone divines that are willing to babysit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    In the first situation above I probably would have reported the player.



    An even nicer option would be some checkboxes on the LFM panel:
    [] Disallow hirelings (prevents hirelings from being summoned)
    [] Disallow reentry (you release you can't come back)
    i support this, i hate it when newbs reenter

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I did that to someone that kept spam inviting me to a party and wouldn't take no for an answer. So I eventually accepted after the tenth invite from the same person, walked into another quest, poped a hire to fill the party up then walked away to make dinner.
    Did that too once, 2,5 hours later he was still in the waterworks XD


    If leaders had the power to dismiss hires at a whim, what is stopping the butthurt leader to dismiss the only source of healing to the tank during a though bossfight?

  7. #67
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post

    If leaders had the power to dismiss hires at a whim, what is stopping the butthurt leader to dismiss the only source of healing to the tank during a though bossfight?
    You can't use hirelings in raids and that's the only time you have tanks.

  8. #68
    Community Member lyrecono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    You can't use hirelings in raids and that's the only time you have tanks.
    sight, ignore tank and fill in beefcacke barb

  9. #69
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    so what? you said they didn't happen.at all. no matter how rare they are (and your analogy is way out of scale), that's not the same thing. part of your argument is based on "they don't exist", but they do. several people have now reported this to be the case.

    so - is everyone lying to you, or have you learned something new today?
    I never said they didn't happen at all, and at no point was my argument based on "they don't exist"

    Where do you people get this stuff? Trying to have discussions on this forum is like trying to argue with someone on an acid trip where they just make up what other people say and respond to that no matter how ignorant or foolish they look or sound doing so. No wonder I can't have discussions or make points with people like you. Maybe today you will learn how to read what people actually write.

    I don't think you will, in fact, I don't think you ever will, and as much as I may one day like to be, I don't believe I will ever be proven wrong either by the likes of you.

    TL-DR: If you can't respond to what I have actually said, stop showing your stupidity by quoting me and responding to some made up straw-man of yours.
    Last edited by Ungood; 10-17-2013 at 07:36 AM. Reason: I tire of the petty bickering.

  10. #70
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Did I ever say they didn't happen at all? Go back and look again, and maybe today you will learn you can't read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    If You're asking me if I believe they wrote "bring your own heals (not a hireling), in progress" in the LFM box? The answer to that would be no.
    Sorry couldn't help to write one more post because it's hilarious how are you contradicting yourself in every single post...

    Won't read any further, leaving for gym. Have fun.

  11. #71
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    sight, ignore tank and fill in beefcacke barb
    The barb in that case should have been standing back and letting someone else get aggro that could self heal. Barbs getting aggro with no way to take care of themselves other than someone else is why they have a bad reputation.

  12. #72
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Now I think your just being stuborn or something everyone knows BYOH means heal thy self and not by a healer, you invited for one slot NOT TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And this is why I believe the OP just put up a BYOH-IP and is simply embellishing what they put in the LFM for the sake of their side of the discussion.

  13. #73
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Did I ever say they didn't happen at all? Go back and look again, and maybe today you will learn you can't read.
    I actually agree with ungood on this one. The lfm conveniently posted with "no hires", just happened to be "halfway through" the quest? It sounds embellished to deflect the obvious questions, "did u SPECIFY no hires?", "did up put NO HIRES in the lfm?"

    I have seen a few "byoh (not a hire)" postings on orien over the years but they are very rare

    As for the original point of the thread, i think introducing a mechanic for leaders to boot hires is a big waste of time

    In the hundreds, maybe thousands of pugs ive been in, this has never once been an issue. Ive seen ppl pop hires in a short-man run without asking, but nobody cared

    But stuff like this happens in pugs. Thats the fun. Why do ppl get so mad and demand MORE CONTROL to ENSURE this NEVER happens again!! Lighten up. Im sure you completed anyway

  14. #74
    Community Member Ungood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    Sorry couldn't help to write one more post because it's hilarious how are you contradicting yourself in every single post...
    Quote Originally Posted by ungood
    Did I ever say they didn't happen at all? Go back and look again, and maybe today you will learn you can't read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    If You're asking me if I believe they wrote "bring your own heals (not a hireling), in progress" in the LFM box? The answer to that would be no.
    Won't read any further, leaving for gym. Have fun.
    There is no contradiction between those two posts. But in a offer of goodwill, If you can prove there is, do so, otherwise you just look like your reading comprehension is lacking.
    Last edited by Ungood; 10-17-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Arrgghhh formatting.

  15. #75
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Ah but you see when you wrote that it was extremely unlikely to have happen so much so that it would be unacceptable to believe without proof, what you ACTUALLY meant was that it never ever happened. In fact, for even trying to pretend otherwise makes you a petty terrible person. In my 4 years of Internet in I've never seen some say what you said and not mean at all and ever.

    Now if you'll excuse us I now have to defend my scarecrow argument aggressively in the face of all oopposition

    (Lol "learn to read" as if that's not the basis of why we're making fun of you )

  16. #76
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    just a quick note...

    "i haven't seen it" =/= "it doesn't exist."


    let me extrapolate for you:
    "i haven't seen it... yet people from every server claim it happens. it must happen some time, but wow... must be rare."




    so given a very rare occurrence... and the assumption by a large number of the playerbase that "BYOH" does NOT include hires for healing... it is easy for someone to then extend that and assume that someone simply said "BYOH" and not "BYOH (no hires)"

    personally, i don't care if he did or not.. like i said before... if he did have a LFM saying that, and someone did it anyway, he had 2 choices. (also, if its that common that it brings you to ragepost about it... dang. i don't wanna say your server sucks, but...)... i just see how someone could easily hold the opinion that they OP might have been embellishing for the sake of the story.

    the official home of LOLWUT

    LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

  17. #77
    Community Member lyrecono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The barb in that case should have been standing back and letting someone else get aggro that could self heal. Barbs getting aggro with no way to take care of themselves other than someone else is why they have a bad reputation.
    True, somethimes that barb is the only 300+hp toon in a lv 18 quest and nominated as the punching bag,
    Sometimes that party isn't that good and needs to rely on that punching bag to keep m safe, esp since the otto's stone was introduced.

  18. #78
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    True, somethimes that barb is the only 300+hp toon in a lv 18 quest and nominated as the punching bag,
    Sometimes that party isn't that good and needs to rely on that punching bag to keep m safe, esp since the otto's stone was introduced.
    Then they deserve to fail and go back in on hard or normal.

  19. #79
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post

    Won't read any further, leaving for gym. Have fun.
    Online equivalent to sticking your fingers in your ears and going lalalalalalalalala

    Nobody believed you couldnt hear then, and nobody believes you wont be reading

  20. #80
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    I actually agree with ungood on this one. The lfm conveniently posted with "no hires", just happened to be "halfway through" the quest? It sounds embellished to deflect the obvious questions, "did u SPECIFY no hires?", "did up put NO HIRES in the lfm?"

    I have seen a few "byoh (not a hire)" postings on orien over the years but they are very rare

    As for the original point of the thread, i think introducing a mechanic for leaders to boot hires is a big waste of time

    In the hundreds, maybe thousands of pugs ive been in, this has never once been an issue. Ive seen ppl pop hires in a short-man run without asking, but nobody cared

    But stuff like this happens in pugs. Thats the fun. Why do ppl get so mad and demand MORE CONTROL to ENSURE this NEVER happens again!! Lighten up. Im sure you completed anyway

    thank you.. yes. ^

    just one note...

    Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    As for the original point of the thread, i think introducing a mechanic for leaders to boot hires is a big waste of time
    on this one point, i disagree. i don't think it's as needed as some people think, but not a total waste of time either. sometimes there are inconsiderate people who will pop a healer hire without asking, and then when you want to add a real live cleric/fvS/bard/druid capable and willing to heal, they refuse to dismiss... or conveniently can't understand your language... or are suddenly AFK... or... or... or... etc

    having the ability to kick the hire, and/or a checkbox on the LFM for the leader to disallow hires (suggested by phoenix-dabard i think) are good ideas

    the official home of LOLWUT

    LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload