Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    An even nicer option would be some checkboxes on the LFM panel:
    [] Disallow hirelings (prevents hirelings from being summoned)
    [] Disallow reentry (you release you can't come back)
    yup, this. totally /signed. being able to boot other people's hires will be used for griefing, however these two options let everyone know where they stand before they join up.
    http://captiongenerator.com/8795/ddo-u20changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Think of it as trolling by not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Because poor noobs cried too loud.

Sure, there was time when someone abused system.
    But its worse now, as 1 idiot can grief the entire party and nothing can be done to him.
    Recall reform, /squelch player, add name to special list, spread name to channels and guild?

I would rather have it the way it is now *flawed* though it maybe than have people the power to just boot party members when they feel like it.

Hires are annoying but I let people summon them if they need them, and we even sometimes park em in safe spot, and only use as to buff, or raise a player if we want to save clickies.

Its almost like a special skill to keep a hire alive, I suppose you get better at it, if you actually need the hire to heal you, some people I know seem like pros, I often summon hire, use to buff then forget to stop it following me, and then realise its dead way back where ever lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    In the first situation above I probably would have reported the player.

An even nicer option would be some checkboxes on the LFM panel:
    [] Disallow hirelings (prevents hirelings from being summoned)
    [] Disallow reentry (you release you can't come back)
    This sounds more reasonable.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-16-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    There is no reading fail on my part, to be blunt, I don't believe they said in the LFM panel "No Hires", I believe they put up BYOH and left it at that.
    the OP, at the time i write this, is unedited. you just called someone a liar, and have produced no evidence to back that up. i'll break this down into bite-sized logic before any potential sophistry begins.

here's the relevant quote from the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingtosay View Post
    I post LFM: bring your own heals (not a hireling), in progress.
    and here's where you describe your belief that the above is a falsehood:
    I don't believe they said in the LFM panel "No Hires"
    i reckon that to state that publicly is tantamount to an accusation, so please explain why anyone should believe you?
    Having a clue about what you're talking about is not a prerequisite of posting on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    the OP, at the time i write this, is unedited. you just called someone a liar, and have produced no evidence to back that up. i'll break this down into bite-sized logic before any potential sophistry begins.

i reckon that to state that publicly is tantamount to an accusation, so please explain why anyone should believe you?
    If You're asking me if I believe they wrote "bring your own heals (not a hireling), in progress" in the LFM box? The answer to that would be no. I believe that they put up "BYOH IP" like countless other LFM's I have seen. I believe they embellished their LFM wording for the sake of their post, after all, "BYOH IP" is expanded to "Bring your own heals, In progress" and I have no reason or motive believe anything beyond that.

And until proven wrong, that is the stand I will maintain, because that makes the most logical sense.

If You're asking me if I believe they wrote "bring your own heals (not a hireling), in progress" in the LFM box? The answer to that would be no. I believe that they put up "BYOH IP" like countless other LFM's I have seen. I believe they embellished their LFM wording for the sake of their post, after all, "BYOH IP" is expanded to "Bring your own heals, In progress" and I have no reason or motive believe anything beyond that.

And until proven wrong, that is the stand I will maintain, because that makes the most logical sense.
    So you believe they are lying?

If the OP is someone who gets their panties in such a twist over the whole hireling thing wouldn't it be logical that they would put no hires in their lfm panels if they had been so annoyed with people summoning hires in the past?

Maybe if they said they did is motive enough? or is it just more simple to believe anyone you disagree with is just lying right off the bat as well.......it doesn't suit you?

Community Member

To the OP the leader can't dismiss character who is in the currently in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post
    A better question would be why the party leader cannot simply boot whomever.
    This would result in some serious problems with booting a player you don't like just before finishing a quest. Of course such booting won't happen too much to one toon from another, but if you pick up the toon while on another toon you can boot them again. And if you throw in guild hate (see below)this can be a really big problem.

Something that has happened to me (referred to as guild hate above) I joined a party and after about 30 seconds (everyone was still buffing/gathering) I was booted from the party without explanation and when I asked why I was told a guildie told him to boot me without providing either an explanation or any more information. This was by a member of a larger guilds on the server. To date I still have no idea why some members of the guild hate me, but I have run just fine with other members of the guild.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

mmm. odd. i've never EVER seen someone specify "no hires"

i've seen plenty of BYOH which people typically assume to mean no hires, zerg, speed run, trapper needed, healer needed, hire in party - send tell... i've seen all those.. but never "no hires"

i can't say if the OP did actually post exactly that or not... i'm not the OP. i don't know. i can say i've never seen an LFM like that.

if he DID post exactly that, and someone popped a hire anyway... that's when it's time to 1. ask nicely to adhere to the request in the LFM panel, and if they don't, then 2. recall, reform, squelch.

if he did NOT post that, and all he posted was BYOH IP... he can be as ****y as he wants... meh. deal... and be more specific next time if it really bothers you that much that you have to ragepost about it

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    So you believe they are lying?
    yes he does. is there more to the story? could it really be embellished for the sake of his post? could be, but its the internet.

"you cant post anything on the internet that isn't true" -

Vinton Cerf

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    yes he does. is there more to the story? could it really be embellished for the sake of his post? could be, but its the internet.

"you cant post anything on the internet that isn't true" -

Vinton Cerf
    sorry if I upset you and your boyfriend. You both are a pack of lying scum.............I don't need to embellish why cause well its the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    so rather than the most logical sense being that the op is telling the truth, the most logical sense is that the op is a lier?
    Logic, tells that for the past half hour, on Argo, I have not seen a single LFM that said "No Hires", in 4 years of playing, I do not recall seeing "No Hires" used.

So, anyone with more then 2 brain cells can tell you that any extraordinary claim requires evidence.

Community Member

Logic, tells that for the past half hour, on Argo, I have not seen a single LFM that said "No Hires", in 4 years of playing, I do not recall seeing "No Hires" used.

So, anyone with more then 2 brain cells can tell you that any extraordinary claim requires evidence.
    I'm on Cannith and I've seen lfms with 'no hires' several times. Usually by TR parties.

Community Member

Believe it or not I type exactly the same thing in my LFMs as I said in original post. You think I am a liar? Whatever. I don't care. I am done with this discussion and thanks everyone who got the point.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

hmm. i wonder if it's a server thing then. for curiosity i've been watching the Orien LFM panel for about the last hour... no "no hires" posts at all.

on an unrelated note... LOL @ at the "no pants" LFM on argo right now...
    Last edited by katz; 10-16-2013 at 07:17 PM.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    sorry if I upset you and your boyfriend. You both are a pack of lying scum.............I don't need to embellish why cause well its the internets.
    Really, Homophobic insults?

Wow, and to think at one time I actually respected you.

Anyway I would suggest for people who need a hire to stay alive to steer clear of byoh LFM's or to send a tell asking the leader if its ok if they bring a hire, it would most likely lead to a better playing experience for both types of players. At the least send a tell, some people who put byoh don't mind hireling use but a fair few seem to. Some people don't even join byoh lfms on *principle* even if they can, cause when they see that, they get their panties in a bunch so they do the right thing and don't join, the right thing for themselves and whoever has the lfm up.

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    I'm on Cannith and I've seen lfms with 'no hires' several times. Usually by TR parties.
    Ive seen a few on khyber but they have been rare compared to the regular Byoh lfm posts. But ive been in plenty of byoh groups and someone joined then popped a hire and the leader was not amused but I wouldn't really care if I was the leader, the only thing that would annoy me, is the leaders second example where he had a player cleric wanting to join and that guy would not dismiss his hire...........
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-16-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    on an unrelated note... LOL @ at the "no pants" LFM on argo right now...
    LOL yah, was watching Argo, as I put up the post, just to see if it was a Server thing. Didn't see anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    mmm. odd. i've never EVER seen someone specify "no hires"
    There are usually two or three in the evenings pacific time when I am on Khyber.

"no hire" lfms are real. just because someone hasn't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. ive seen several the last few days and do see them from time to time. sorry no ss but this isn't something that needs to be proven and find it hilarious that people actually argue that they don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    i can confirm similar of orien and khyber - i've seen a few "no hires" LFMs, not many, but they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    i can confirm similar of orien and khyber - i've seen a few "no hires" LFMs, not many, but they happen.
    I can say on Orien, for 4 years, they are about a rare as a fertile mule.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast