Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Watching with amusements as one persons lfm never fills

Default I have seen it too

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Turbine is not a country with strong democracy system that values human rights. Its a company and you gave away most of yours "personal rights" (lol) by agreeing to EULA.

Also, by default, GM does not have acces to your connected credentials.

This entire response actually assumes that GMs are logging into someones accounts in the first place. No one brought any evidence of it so far.
    I watched a banned toon from my guild zone onto the ship and stand at the ship banker for 45 minutes or so, so yeah they can log on and do stuff with your toons.

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Im having trouble thinking of reasons a gm might wanna do this...
    i dont actually know too, was just first thing that comes to my mind, which is doable via accessing ddo store from account and directly influencing my cash account balance. and i dont ask for reasons just if its possible

Quote Originally Posted by Slymenstraa View Post
    I watched a banned toon

Alvin and the Chipmunks?

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    i dont actually know too, was just first thing that comes to my mind, which is doable via accessing ddo store from account and directly influencing my cash account balance. and i dont ask for reasons just if its possible
    I think having a reason is important. Its POSSIBLE for me to go online right now and order the entire justin beiber discography, but for the life of me i cant think of a single reason to do it....so it doesn't happen

I spoke with 855-WBGames and was told that they required "Explicit permission". I asked if this applied to suspended accounts and was told yes. Despite this I have a guild member who was seen logged in, their characters were seen moving and no permission was requested or provided. The account holder has verified that they are still not able to log in.

I do have screen shots show the "last on" for their toons, it was taken yesterday and showed that they had all been online within previous last 7 hours, however the person has been on vacation since last week.
    Last edited by LordPiglet; 10-16-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    Arrael - Tempest/Kensai; Alyesia - Exploiter Build; Porksoda - WF FvS; Kaealla - Paladin; Arodeth - Envoker FvS

I think having a reason is important. Its POSSIBLE for me to go online right now and order the entire justin beiber discography, but for the life of me i cant think of a single reason to do it....so it doesn't happen
    heh, thanks God

Community Member

But if I have access to your personal information, I can choose to order the discography in your name and have you pay for it. You wouldn't be too happy would you?

Whether I would want to or not is not as critical as whether I have access to and what stops me from messing with your stuff for no reason. I might do it just for the fun of messing with your account. I might do it just to troll you, irrelevant of my reason, you wouldn't be happy about becoming a Belieber
    Last edited by Qmulate; 10-16-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    If this is true it's pretty sad that they need to log in to delete duped items. That said I'm not 100% convinced that's what's happening yet.
    After the issue with MaBan I expect that they decided to handle each account with a personal touch.

Plus it is my understanding that they don't like to script against TR caches as they seem to be a bit fragile.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qmulate View Post
    But if I have access to your personal information, I can choose to order the discography in your name and have you pay for it. You wouldn't be too happy would you?

Whether I would want to or not is not as critical as whether I have access to and what stops me from messing with your stuff for no reason. I might do it just for the fun of messing with your account. I might do it just to troll you, irrelevant of my reason, you wouldn't be happy about becoming a Belieber
    hehe. You know what? When someone reports that his TP/AS/real cash was altered by GM, we will start talking. I think tin foil people derailed from the main topic pretty far. Also, as of now, we still dont have ANY conirmed information that its GMs who are doing these things.

But apparently, you believe in turbine security protocols strongly enough to not even think that someone may hacked into the "banned ones" cause their security was altered.

/popcorn

Watching with amusements as one persons lfm never fills

Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post
    Alvin and the Chipmunks?
    Haha, witty. +1 to you!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Also, as of now, we still dont have ANY conirmed information that its GMs who are doing these things.
    I am really hoping it is the GMs. If it is not then someone outside of Turbine not only has gained access to other accounts but has gained access to accounts that even the account holders cannot access. That would be a critical security breach but I think it is safer to assume that this is a GM trying trying to do their job without considering policy or the privacy of players

But apparently, you believe in turbine security protocols strongly enough to not even think that someone may hacked into the "banned ones" cause their security was altered.
    I don't know what the turbine protocol is, that's why I asked my questions in the OP, but yes, this could potentially be much worse

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    If this is true it's pretty sad that they need to log in to delete duped items. That said I'm not 100% convinced that's what's happening yet.
    it's interesting, because gm have access to ur inv w/o logging (you knwo, when someone had troubles with certain item, the gm deleted it and gave a brand new one)

also since the toon has banned, the banning and "what are they gonna do" is decided by turbine

u have permission to use their accounts, toons, etc etc

explicit permission? ofc, if u have a trouble with ur toons/account, what is a "normal protocol" is ask for ur permission (dunno what for, must say)

since they're banned it's not normal protocol, in fact it's kinda fun how fast does the OP point to turbine, i mean, it's like the waves of "dooooom they're gonnna ban us!! give us support community" posts, now there will appear funnier waves of "turbine did "!·!"·! and &/$/$%&/ to banned accounts"

which is sad, and funny, and forces me to log into the forum (think i should have tr'ed less lol, about to finish my 26/40? lives and...kinda tired of ddo ^_^U)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Well for those of you who would like first hand confirmation, let me provide it. All my toons were accessed yesterday by someone other than me, without my permission. My guildies have screenshots of my toons on the boat, and of the guild activity log to prove it.

For those of you saying this is no big deal because I have no real "ownership" of the toon/items on my account, that may be true. However, the thing that concerns me is that in the past Turbine has said that they require consent.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD20001 View Post

According to the EULA Turbine is not allowed to access your account. Indeed the one time I needed them to do so required specific authorization consisting of the following:
    -required to change my password
    -the last 4 digits of my CC
    -my Date of Birth
    -MY CONSENT to logging into my account
    -an agreed upon time that they would be allowed to access my account
    -required to change my password again upon completion

As someone that re-uses usernames & passwords this is extremely prejudicial and a colossal security issue. Why can Turbine NOT make a situation worse? Seriously, first you consolidate our public name and game log in and now you are accessing our passwords…
    This is a very real security issue for me now.
    SARLONA - Keepers of Myth
    Lanoi - Wyndaku - Khallia - Ankhara - Aressa

I understand where the OP is coming from on this. Did the goverement ever think that Snowden was going to steal information from then when he got hired, probably not. Im not saying that Turbine has GM's that would do anything wrong or steal your information but dont tell me that wont do it as that is a lie.
    Midnight Guardians
    Mutulisk (25 Cleric) Mutaliskman (26 Ftr) Mutalisk (18 Fvs) Muttlley (8 cleric) Mutalina (5 ftr)

Could it be a loophole that once an account is banned, Turbine becomes the account holder and can do whatever they want with the account?

Over the past couple days, I have seen friends and guildies log into the game while they were supposed to be "out on mandatory vacation". My first reaction was "woah how did you...!?" but when I brought it up with them, they were as surprised as I was and obviously could not get in the game themselves. The consensus was that some GMs were logging in to put in action their "extreme prejudice" policy that has been stated here on the forums. The accounts are completely locked out to players, so this is clearly not a "hacked" account or stolen password.
    I fully expected Turbine's "extreme prejudice" policy would be to delete stuff out of the database. But to have GMs actually logging into the game as player's characters is a whole other thing. If this is true....

1) It's just... Ewwwww
    2) It's just sad that Turbine doesn't have the technical chops to do it via the database without having to manually log in.
    3) I'm even more glad I manually requested they remove my CC info from their database before the forum/game account merge.

I'd be super cool to see a screenshot before this thread gets locked or get official confirmation (probably not going to happen). Not to mention the GM's are usually busy enough as it is (given experienced turnaround times), I can't imagine the few GMs would have time to do this too for all the banned acounts... And if not the GMs, who? Unpaid Interns?
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

I called 855-WB-GAMES and the (very nice) girl on the other end of the line was unable to verify that, since they were strictly account support. She did offer to open a ticket for me though.

Somewhat related.

Community Member

Question Who is accessing these accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    I spoke with 855-WBGames and was told that they required "Explicit permission". I asked if this applied to suspended accounts and was told yes. Despite this I have a guild member who was seen logged in, their characters were seen moving and no permission was requested or provided. The account holder has verified that they are still not able to log in.

I do have screen shots show the "last on" for their toons, it was taken yesterday and showed that they had all been online within previous last 7 hours, however the person has been on vacation since last week.
    This is my concern exactly. SOMEONE _IS_ accessing these accounts, and it is NOT the account holder. If it is not Turbine, then who is it exactly? If it is Turbine, then they are in violation of their own policy & EULA. As stated previously Turbine has a procedure for accessing your account properly and it is not being used in these instances.

While online the characters tend to stand at the bank and ignore all attempts at communication, but not all of them have zoned in on the Airship. What are they doing on the run to the boat?

Is your credit card authorized for account purchases? How many Turbine Points do you have? At least for these two situations there is in theory a ‘log’ that shows purchases/actions however, it has been shown in the past that the Turbine Point log is not always correct…

Do you know how many Astral Shards & Diamonds are on your account? How about how much plat you have? Convenient that there is no log at all for any of these.

That is just issues with in-game mechanics. How about how they are accessing passwords? DDO was spared the last big Turbine data breech because our forum accounts & game accounts were NOT linked. Sadly LotRO bore the brunt of that one; however, now our forum & game accounts ARE linked. Are they using plain text, etc? What measures are being taken to ensure usernames & passwords remain secure? Does the same GM have access to BOTH the username & password?!?!?

And this is the best case scenario in that it is Turbine on the account violating their own rules. What if it is NOT Turbine… There is cause for concern here, especially given the vast & mysterious shady dealings Turbine participates in.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrincipal View Post
    Could it be a loophole that once an account is banned, Turbine becomes the account holder and can do whatever they want with the account?
    What I was told today at around 11 a.m. cst (although apparently they have decided to no longer answer the question) is that the policy applies even to accounts on suspension.
    Last edited by LordPiglet; 10-16-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    Arrael - Tempest/Kensai; Alyesia - Exploiter Build; Porksoda - WF FvS; Kaealla - Paladin; Arodeth - Envoker FvS

So the critical point is "what stops [a turbine gm] from messing with your stuff for no reason"?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast