Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Inventory in most games is considered "Prime real-estate" meaning that players always want it, and will PAY for it. Games put items in their game to inspire players to collect and even horde these items as means of digital wealth, marks or their accomplishment, or as a means towards a goal. Players trade, buy, sell these items, so having the space for it, is something they want.

Now most games start you off with minimal space, and then expect you to acquire more of it as time goes on. In DDO, they simply sell us the space, and why they keep such a well of wealth untapped, is beyond me.

Additional space in this game is a win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    I'm a programer too and I know better than to criticise code, frameworks, object/data designs or architectures with which I have no direct knowledge. Not that I'm defending any choices made by Turbine. I'm just not going to flatly state something is bad because it's not implemented the way I'd have done it.
    Direct knowledge is not necessary to provide criticism. Between the details they have provided, by way of stating what can and cannot be easily implemented, and my own knowledge of how I would implement an inventory system I will state that it is badly implemented if they cannot easily increase capacity. Assuming that statement they give is actually true.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Maybe we will bring back the small bag of medium bags next year in April...

Jokes aside, there will be more shared bank item storage & platinum vault upgrades available with U20.
    no offense.. but tgat really doesnt help with TR inventoeu space.. with everything now BTCoE or BTCoA.. how about charater inelventoey space or bank space.
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Jokes aside, there will be more shared bank item storage & platinum vault upgrades available with U20.
    Thanks but more character storage is what we ask for, not shared storage.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Rynehawk View Post
    Not to be rude, but shared bank space and platinum upgrades does nothing to address the issue of the items being bound to character so there's no place to put them from the TR cache when you go to TR again. This is not a solution in the least.
    This
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    all you need is a good pair of wraps for level 4 and 12, a carnifex, and a sos or lit 2 falchion, and basic +6 stat gear.
    Sadly you are completely correct. Loot in this game is totally boring and not worth even bothering to get not because it does not have interesting powers but because the mere fact that there is no place to store it makes the loot not even worth picking up. As it stands I vendor almost all BtC loot I acquire because there is simply no place to put it when I TR. There are countless items that I would use if there were room for them in my TR cache, but since there is no room I do without them every single life (often times you don't reacquire a BtC item until you are past the level range you would have used it). The lack of storage makes equipment collecting boring and pointless (and considering the equipment grind is supposed to encourage the players to stick around playing the game that is not good game design).

Every single named item I have ever gotten in CITW was put up for roll by me because I did not have the space to store it when I TRed. Needless to say I did not run that many CITW because there was no point. This is true for almost all the quests and raids in the game. At least some of them drop things that can be sold on auction which is a little better, but still, I am not going to stick around and play a game just because I can sell stuff at auction. Loot is only fun if you have a place to put it. This means we need more storage space.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

It is probably time to update our storage system. LOTRO used to have personal storage that was something like what our personal storage is now. They added shared storage (which works a lot like our shared storage) and then change personal storage to the same system. Shared storage is just a big window. That means it can be capped at 800 just as easily as it is capped at 80 (like it is now). The window just expands when you up the maximum number of items that can go in it (which I am sure you already know) and that us why we keep getting shared storage upgrades. Personal storage needs to work the same way so you can cheaply and easily increase the maximum number of spaces. It is a lot of work to redesign the system, but once you do you can sell another 20 spaces of personal storage as often as you wish with little effort. Thanks to TRing, the players in DDO have greater use for huge amounts of personal storage than in most other games and so there will be plenty of people willing to buy hundreds of additional storage spots. The money is only limited by how much you want to let us have.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthrawl View Post
    And some in the middle that collect raid and/or epic items. Finding any new raid items is a double edged sword. Yay, I got what I was looking for. Damn, I have to get rid of something...
    Exactly. Getting a new item is never entirely good because it comes at a cost that is not fun to pay. I tend to avoid even trying to get new loot these days just to avoid paying that cost. Getting new items in DDO stopped being fun a long time ago.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Somewhat of a solution(not mine) -- Credit goes to Ovrad

Somewhat of a solution(not mine) -- Credit goes to Ovrad. Consider implementing this immediately. Cheers! :P! ! !

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/406974-Suggestion-Crafting-Stash
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I wouldn’t mind seeing every named item get a ritual that turns it into an “Essence of <Item Name>”. (Kind of like the slot clearing recipes for epic items.) It causes them to go into an Ingredient bag, (Which gives us a reason to go for Twelve Favor.) and depreciates the need to leave stuff in the TR cache.
    I had a thought of something like that. I was thinking of an item manual (like the monster manual) where the item would go into your manual when you "collected" it. Thus you could "collect" an SoS (and it would show up in your item manual) and pull that SoS out of the manual any time you wanted to use it. This would not only be a nice way to store all named items, but it would give the players a reason to want to get them all. If every named item had a spot in the manual this would give us a reason to want to collect a copy of even the worst named items just so it would be listed in our manual. Ideally you would be able to hold at least 2 of some items (like one-handed weapons) in case you wanted to dual-wield them.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    .... and spell component bags.
    /signed so many times

Why is it that this type of item which chews up so much inventory space and has been around for so long is one of the few which does not have a bag? Personally I don't give a giant necrotic rat's proverbial about TR or it's attendant issues (but sympathise with those who do) but I am seriously annoyed that seven years later we are still being forced to lug about so many spell components without a bag to hold them. And No - buying Universal components from the DDO Store is simply not an option.
    Last edited by Bakalakadaka; 10-16-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Community Member

The problem isn't the lack of Shared bank space. The problem is the lack of Character bank space.

The lack of Character bank space wasn't really a problem until MOTU came out. Prior to MOTU, we had plenty of BTA items that were good for swapping between characters. Outside of Raid gear, old Epic gear and a couple of other items (like Red Fens gear) almost all pack items were BTA. And BTA worked fine.

But around the release of MOTU, the asinine idea to make everything BTC or BTC on Equip destroyed bank space and BTA swap items. The problem with lack of character bank space had been brought up for over a year prior to BTC and it was ignored. Actually, not ignored, because we were told that bank space could only be a finite number and it was already maxed out.

So it was completely stupid to turn 95% of items into BTC items. Especially with (a then) 5 level increase that is now a 8 level increase and soon to be 10 level increase, while promoting TRing in the different current and future forms as THE endgame. Great, the end game is to keep us TRing, but we need to ditch gear if we decide to make a different build, even if we might need that gear in a future build. This wouldn't be a problem is the items were BTA, since we could just shift non-epic items (AKA non-ENDGAME gear) to other characters that could then get on the endgame hamster wheel.

Just wanted to add to the obvious. It is indeed personal inventory space we want.
    this wanted badly by most of us. So please listen to your customers on this one. On other things we are more divided sometimes
    there are already plenty good propositions given.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    If they only allow you to keep 20 or 40 items in your tr cache, then you would have to do some pruning before doing your tr. Isn't that the same thing he is having a problem with now?
    It effectively increases your BTC space by 20 or 40 without them having to code any interface changes to the bank or inventory.

They need to modify the TR script to not lose what's there but it's a lot easier.

BTA stuff isn't a problem, it can always get passed through the shared bank to mules, it's only the BTC items that are an issue.

When I was on the TR train, I'd refined the clearout of my TR cache to an artform but now I have gear all the way to 28, which will end up at 30 next year, it's back to being a problem again.

I've found a solution to my hoarding problems trough cannith crafting on BTA items (Sharn, Red Fens; Threnal, WW, Delera endreward). Also the only BTC stuff I found worth keeping were some raid items. Basicly up to lvl 12 crafted stuff is used. 13-18 a few raid items.

Big problem still lies in new epic gear which is BTC. This needs to either become BTA or BTAoE.

Only thing that justifies being BTC are raid items.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

I dont need more shared space. But if i can get more bank space for bound to character stuff i buy it all plz plz let us buy like 200 more bank slots. I love hoard things and all time have to get sad at TR cause i must delete nice things

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    It's already been mentioned that there is no possibility of porting the code from LOTRO, the code bases are completely foreign to each other now. Any housing feature would have to be written from the ground up. And would be a ridiculous waste of development time and resource to solve a basic storage problem. The much easier solution is to let us keep 20 or 40 items in our TR cache when we TR.
    I like this feature, they would sell more hearts.

I like to have fun while I play there is no fun in emptying the tr cache, it is a pain in the ...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

When you TR you can fill up every bank slot plus every character slot in your backpack...that's like what? 8 pages or so of space? Not including shared bank. More space would be awesome but I've never had an issue. I get about 10-15 minutes of sorting headaches but that's it. What are you all keeping that's so important? When I TR I keep -

1) My final gear setup, including clickies and swappables (around 20 items)
    2) Green steel weapon for lvls 11-20
    3) DT armor for mid/high levels
    4) Invulnerbility armor for low levels
    5) Voice
    6) 3-6 bags for ingredients, collectables and gems
    7) 1-2 pages or so of good low/mid level gear like Minos Legens, Red Fens set, Carnefix, Sora Kell set, ect.

I'm probably leaving a few things out but that's all I can think of and that's less than half my available space. Everything that can be found easily or bought I just plan on getting on my next life. I'll admit it's painful throwing away hard to acquire BtC items but at some point you have to realize that you don't need it and will never/rarely use it on your character and just toss it.

It's a real pain on an Artificer. I have a bank tab of just rune arms, not to mention all the dog collars and docents.

Community Member

Default Inventory

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    the most annoying part is having to clear out the TR cache before we TR again...
    bloody takes forever =_=
    I am on my 21st life with one toon and have my tr cache cleared by level 5, I am always wondering what it is people are holding on to that they have trouble clearing their cache/ bank. Any examples of what you hold on to that makes clearing the cache so hard?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast