Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Unwilling to TR due to Inventory Constraints

Bags of Holding would be good here.

I would totally buy a bag of holding from the DDOStore. And spell component bags.

You could make it so that if somebody bought all expansions to their inventory they could then purchase bags of holding.

Your logic escapes me
    You realize that with a TR you get a bag of holding called a TR cache right? That takes everything in your inventory and bank and makes a special bank for you that holds everything till you take it out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    Your logic escapes me
    You realize that with a TR you get a bag of holding called a TR cache right? That takes everything in your inventory and bank and makes a special bank for you that holds everything till you take it out.
    The problem is my TR cache, bank and inventory are already full of BTC items.

Your logic escapes me
    Yes, but you can only TR if you empty your cache in the first place, so...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Yes, but you can only TR if you empty your cache in the first place, so...
    Right, which means I have to make a choice to destroy many BTC items that required effort to obtain and which are useful to other builds. Catch .22

Your logic escapes me
    the most annoying part is having to clear out the TR cache before we TR again...
    bloody takes forever =_=
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

If there are items you won't need for your next life and aren't too difficult to obtain you could destroy them and just work on them in your next life.

As for bag of holding, I think that is what part of your inventory is; portable hole.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

There's a theory that you could get all your class lives just by doing iconics and wouldn't need any lowbie gear. Works great until they introduce a new class and we want to do that x3

We need more storage space, no question.

Also, sounds reasonable to allow us to Epic TR without emptying our TR cache - just wipe the epic XP and roll us back to 20. Hopefully we'll get the Reincarnation options released on Lamannia sometime soon and can see the specifics of how this works.

I always have a bank toon for this reason

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    There's a theory that you could get all your class lives just by doing iconics and wouldn't need any lowbie gear. Works great until they introduce a new class and we want to do that x3

We need more storage space, no question.

Also, sounds reasonable to allow us to Epic TR without emptying our TR cache - just wipe the epic XP and roll us back to 20. Hopefully we'll get the Reincarnation options released on Lamannia sometime soon and can see the specifics of how this works.
    there's only 4 iconcis so far, fighter, paladin, rogue, and cleric and they require level cap (which requires 7.45mil-8.7mil, currently at level 28 (once levle cap goes to 30 it will be even more)), where as normal heroic PL's only require 1.9mil-4.3mil) so its rather hard to say if it will be efficient to go with iconics to acquire PL's that way

Quote Originally Posted by digitaljc View Post
    The problem is my TR cache, bank and inventory are already full of BTC items.
    5 bank pages = 100 items
    6 inventory bags = 120 items

Are you saying you have over 220 BTC items you can't part with?

They just need to make each bank tab have more slots. Not more tabs, not more fancy bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    5 bank pages = 100 items

not everyone have 5 bank space, not everyone have sixth inventory space.

there are other things people wish to keep.. and mule/share bank are already full

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    not everyone have 5 bank space, not everyone have sixth inventory space.

there are other things people wish to keep.. and mule/share bank are already full
    I'm not disagreeing with the fact we need more bank space in DDO, but he said his inventory bank and tr cache are full of BTC items he can't part with.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Your logic escapes me
    The OP cannot TR, The OP has full inventory and Full bank and yet still has a cache. Get it?

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Quote Originally Posted by EnziteBob View Post
    I always have a bank toon for this reason
    this does not solve BTC.

Community Member

5 bank pages = 100 items

Well, consider this -

TR toon
    - Shooting for completionist
    - Multiclassing
    - All wearables BTC
    - Item breaks across levels
    - Time and effort to obtain gear just to have to destroy due to inventory limitation

Factoring wearables alone:

Each class has 12 wearables slots (excluding weapon/shield & cosmetic). There are a total of 13 classes (excluding iconic). 12*13 = 156

Now take 220 - 156 and you are left with a difference of 64.
    Divide the remainder by number of classes and you are left with an average of only 5 switchable items per class and have already hit the 220 BTC inventory count ceiling
    Again, i am ignoring things like weapons, shields, cosmetic and other items like expansion BTCs (e.g. key to eveningstar, owlbear whistles, panther etc.) and other stuffs like pendant of time.

It all adds up rather quickly! Just getting ready to start life 6. Total distinct class count 7 thus far.
    Last edited by digitaljc; 10-15-2013 at 09:36 PM.

5 bank pages = 100 items

Yup. Oh yes, Absolutely.

In fact, I hate the process of needing to clear my inventory for TRing.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaljc View Post
    Right, which means I have to make a choice to destroy many BTC items that required effort to obtain and which are useful to other builds. Catch .22
    The last loot disaster made this choice easy for many items. Vendor trash... That said, it would be nice to be able to leave more gear in the cache. Running a few caster lives? Arti gear stays in the cache... Etc.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast