Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    And as usual Turbine nerfs items people use instead of making better mobs. There goes sacrificial dagger and nightmare. I guess this is their way of telling us to use the sucky named items out of the latest xpack.

I get so damn tired of the eroding quality of this game and the lack of reasons I have to continue playing it.
    This action is just another in a long line of shooting themselves in the foot, POing the players, etc. It's gotten so bad there's actually terminology for their methodology on the web: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Turbined

Community Member

Turbine, powered by the sweet, sweet tears/rage of our fans.
    Shammrock
    Roshammbo
    Many, many mules...

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    This action is just another in a long line of shooting themselves in the foot, POing the players, etc. It's gotten so bad there's actually terminology for their methodology on the web: (there was a link here)
    I understand your frustration, but I feel like that link will just get the thread locked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    I understand your frustration, but I feel like that link will just get the thread locked.
    lol. I'm not frustrated - that went out the door long long ago.

I just don't care anymore - other than mildly hoping they all die in a fire, and that some decent folks get the D&D franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Actually I know why they are changing it now.
    Remember when you had only Terror and Tharaask Wraps with nightmare property?
    Then when motu came out turbine thought giving random weapons that property was good idea, they gave it to all weapons, no matter their crit range, when they realized how good it is turbine nerfed it all because of problem turbine caused in the first place.
    Now turbine is doing the same thing.
    They added augment in Mabar that you can put on any weapon with that slot and that weapon will have same life stealing property as Nightmare, so again turbine doing the same thing they did year ago and nerfing all weapons with life stealing just like they did with nightmares effect.
    Actually, I believe the mabar augment is a completely different proc. Its on vorpal and only -1 level per vorpal. How "Life Stealing" works is of no consequence to the mabar augments.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Using that logic, we should nerf Disruption, Vorpal, and Banishing weapons as well. Can’t have toons with an 8 STR killing as many mobs as the highest DPS player.
    Guess what, these have been nerfed before
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Actually, I believe the mabar augment is a completely different proc. Its on vorpal and only -1 level per vorpal. How "Life Stealing" works is of no consequence to the mabar augments.
    Well then idk why are they doing it.

Community Member inspiredunease's Avatar

Yeah, the mabar gem is 1 neg on vorpal. Noone will be using them anyway as everyone slots devotion.

And by the way, they're not nerfing life stealing because it's OP, it's because they're all Bret Hart fans...

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well then idk why are they doing it.
    I'm not sure -they- know, so how should we?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I'm not sure -they- know, so how should we?
    Because we play the game.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Because we play the game.
    Heh, good point there...
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Someone is at least kind of reading the thread. There were others posts in here earler today that are no longer here...

Here is a link to the thread that resulted in life stealing being un-nerfed.

I can't find a link to the thread detailing the folly of putting this effect on higher crit range weapons, but it was originally an effect that you could slot with cannith crafting. It, of course, did not make it to live.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Elaril View Post
    Here is a link to the thread that resulted in life stealing being un-nerfed.

I can't find a link to the thread detailing the folly of putting this effect on higher crit range weapons, but it was originally an effect that you could slot with cannith crafting. It, of course, did not make it to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    I can't say for sure, but I'm reasonably confident that the reason the Dreamspitter's level drain effect was reduced from on-crit to chance-on-crit was because of the relative ease of Holding a target and then level-draining it to death via autocrit. In light of how the Held status will be changing soon, I'm thinking it'd be fair to buff these effects back to happening on all crits (or at least the majority of them). I can't give a solid date for when that change will happen, but know that it's on my radar now. Thanks for bringing it up!
    There, if people dont want to read the thread.

There, if people dont want to read the thread.
    And there is this one..

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Happy to report that these changes have now been made for Update 9: Life-Stealing will return to its original behavior of occuring on all critical hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Guess what, these have been nerfed before

While I see the possible reasons for a slight nerf to TWF-styles Neg-levelling, I don't understand the heavy handed approach by nerfing every weapon type. Dreampiercer, Dreamspitter and Staff of Shadows should of been left alone to enjoy there niche on Staff Acrobat builds.

+15% Alacrity from Acrobat would never make comparisons to a 15-20 TWF Nightmare build, but still, there it is.

I guess the developer in question scores Management points for being efficient at upsetting lots of players once.

Why not do this instead - Two different effects:

Single handed weapons deal 1 neg level on Crit.
    Two-handed Weapons deal 1d3 neg levels on Crit.

Or would that take too much time and effort?

PS Yes, I did have a Neg-levelling Staff build. I've turned in 20 tokens though and TR'd him now rather than hold some candle hoping for common sense.
    The Theorybuild Author
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Default Can we get Life Drain on nightmares to back please?

Can we get Life Drain on nightmares to 100% back please?
    It could open few build options more for upcoming content.
    Thelanis: Gladnadjeva Limeny Bimbamboom Cutyslice

Quote Originally Posted by Glad View Post
    Can we get Life Drain on nightmares to 100% back please?
    It could open few build options more for upcoming content.
    LOLz . . . never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    LOLz . . . never happen.
    To me It's not LOLz.
    This change can help weaker 2wf builds like Paladins and Tempests to get some more power
    and even this all builds use two handed weapons madness
    Thelanis: Gladnadjeva Limeny Bimbamboom Cutyslice

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast