Community Member

Default epic and epic destiny feats for wis-based clonk

Hi all, I just hit 20 on my TR clonk, and am considering which feats and epic destiny feats to go for.

my build:

human wis based 18/2 clonk

feats:

stunning fist
    twf/itwf/gtwf
    max/emp/emp healing
    quicken
    PL:wiz, evo focus

gear: grave wrappings, villager set, PDK gloves, ToD holy burst ring

destinies/twists: full GMoF with +3 evo from magister, +6 tactics from LD, and brace for impact.

stuff to consider:

normal epic feats: (3)
    actually considering going towards grandmaster of forms.. nice boost to wis, saves, and dodge, plus passive ki generation. I might even kick out empower spell to get this, only using it on aura anyway. I just hope I didnt take empower at lvl 1.
    -epic wis looks ok.
    -as lvl 27 feats, blinding speed looks interesting but would mainly free a gear slot while soloing.
    -Epic reflexes also looks nice but im not sure how often an 1 on a reflex is deadly.
    -Ruin seems interesting on bosses.

epic destiny feats:
    considering:
    perfect two weapon fighting: more dps, more stun/warpriest smite procs. Im pretty sure I want this, need to max out a primal destiny before 26.
    mass frog: not sure if the dc is high enough to matter, and how long the cooldown is, but looks nice while implosion is on cooldown.
    tactician: 2 more stunning fist DC, already got 59 at lvl 20 without combat mastery item... might push this towards 70...

Ah, and gear, what should I be looking for? Im already eyeing the goggles from into a Mirror darkly, +10 or 11 wis is of course interesting. I got a demonweb outfit waiting, but am not sure if the upgraded villager set is still worth it at 28.
    Last edited by Makkuroi; 10-15-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    Zeugen der Dreizehn, Thelanis:
    Makkuroi, chain TR: currently drow pure caster warlock
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Makkuroi View Post
    epic destiny feats:
    considering:
    perfect two weapon fighting: more dps, more stun/warpriest smite procs. Im pretty sure I want this, need to max out a primal destiny before 26.
    mass frog: not sure if the dc is high enough to matter, and how long the cooldown is, but looks nice while implosion is on cooldown.
    tactician: 2 more stunning fist DC, already got 59 at lvl 20 without combat mastery item... might push this towards 70...
    Mass Frog is OK on a Wisdom build...well, except in EE Storm Horns. Note it's a Transmutation-based ability; you might have a hard time finding a Transmutation Focus kama. I was using an orb, but I wasn't a Monk splash. The cool-down is the same as Implosion. It's instant, unlike Implosion. A typical tactic for me was to use Mass Frog first, to thin out a group of mobs, then Implosion to pick off the stragglers.

For my other Epic Destiny feat, I took Guardian Angel. +8 to saves & 60+ PRR exactly when you need it most is good.

Community Member

If I really wanted transmutation, I could swap to a quarterstaff... but I got a lvl 24 cloak of the dragon (+2 spell focus mastery) waiting and a wiz active past life, good to know they work on mass frog. About 56-60 wis looks realistic for lvl 28, thats a dc of 48... not stellar compared to stunning fist, but probably enough to get rid of trash before stunning any red nameds. Evo DC would be a bit higher with wheelon necklace and the +3 evo twist (and a sorc PL, still need two more)

I think i really want perfect twf, so I only need opinions on grandmaster stances now.
    PLs: Completionist; 3xWiz, Sor; 2x Pal, Brd, Monk EPLs: 3x CotQ,Brc,DS,EW,EC 1xFH,PLD ; IPLs: 2x BF; 3x PDK, SDK

Community Member

*bump*

I just swapped my empower spell feat to adept of forms (was using empower only for radiant burst anyway, was much more useful when I still had divine disciple SLAs), now I can take master and grandmaster of forms instead of epic wisdom as epic feats. Final wisdom would be the same, but saves and dodge are much better, I get passive ki generation, and the other stances give me some more situational flexibility. Now I need opinions on the lvl 27 feats (will still take a while, though).

What is ruin affected by? Impulse spell power, metamagics? Do you like blinding speed? Epic reflexes? Or just epic wisdom?
    Last edited by Makkuroi; 10-17-2013 at 03:08 PM.