Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My Bard uses chest blessing + super-haggle to make some nice profits. The chest-blessing stacks with loot gems, which also stacks with loot bonuses from the Devs. I like it on my Bard, and my Bard has a super-high charisma so it has never failed to buff the chest. The Knock ability of the second tier of the dragonmark is also super-handy. Also, my Bard can just UMD teleport scrolls and can outright cast D-Door - so the Travel mark was never very tempting. I've gotten some very nice items, and made some very tidy profits off loot runs while using chest-blessing.

I like it for that specific character, but would not take it on a non-maxed charisma character. I fully understand the misgivings about the 'mark, and am only relating my own experiences with it. Again, if you are not prepared to max out charisma - I'd skip this Dragonmark.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

I got the dragonmark on my warchanter bard, her charisma is around 30, the chest buffs fails around half of the times I use it. With the knock it is still useful for me, but since it was an experiment I will exchange the feat some day.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    dc=10+chest level
    Wow that's a really stingy DC, considering it costs you a Feat and several AP to even get the skill to begin with....but having to add, basically, 2 CHA per level, just to keep pace? Thats almost as bad as keeping your DCs up on a DC caster.

No wonder its only ever Bard hagglebots that take it...they should really change your roll to 1d20+1/2 char lvl+cha mod, so that you could use it on a non-CHA-class human too :P

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    No wonder its only ever Bard hagglebots that take it...they should really change your roll to 1d20+1/2 char lvl+cha mod, so that you could use it on a non-CHA-class human too :P
    Or Half-Orcs since they're the only other race that can take the Dragonmark.

Kinda bad on Half-Orcs since they get a penalty to Charisma.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettableNPC View Post
    Or Half-Orcs since they're the only other race that can take the Dragonmark.

Kinda bad on Half-Orcs since they get a penalty to Charisma.
    -2 doesn't amount to all that much in the long run.

Self-Appointed Coin Lord of the Seas ForgettableNPC's Avatar
    VillageTown of GenericLand of ThatOneContinent.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    -2 doesn't amount to all that much in the long run.
    I think they do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12