Default Advice for Evoker Favored Soul and Blue Dragonscale armor

Hello, I'm just looking for some advice on my gear layout for level 14 (pure Favored Soul Evoker): should I get the Blue Dragonscale armor (I already have the scales to do it) or is there a better recommendation? I can craft almost anything if need be.

Any other suggestions are also appreciated

This is my planned gear layout for level 14:

Code:
    Head	Minos Legens
    Neck	GS HP
    Bracers	Bracers of Wind
    Boots	striding +30% boots of bane
    Belt	FF of Greater false life
    Cloak	Mantle of the dragonfriend
    Gloves	str +6
    Goggles	GS SP +6 wis
    Ring 1	cons +6
    Ring 2	Ring of the Buccaneer
    Trinket	Efficient max II of kinetic lore IV
    Mainhand	Impulse 66 scepter of radiance lore IV
    Offhand	Evo focus I heavy densewood shield of sup stab
    Armor	?

Community Member

Given the gear you have I'd say go for the blue armor. It will make it easier to drop trinkets and weapons if needed and still maintain a decent baseline on spell power and lore.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Hello, I'm just looking for some advice on my gear layout for level 14 (pure Favored Soul Evoker): should I get the Blue Dragonscale armor (I already have the scales to do it) or is there a better recommendation? I can craft almost anything if need be.

Any other suggestions are also appreciated

This is my planned gear layout for level 14:

Code:
    Head    Minos Legens
    Neck    GS HP
    Bracers    Bracers of Wind
    Boots    striding +30% boots of bane
    Belt    FF of Greater false life
    Cloak    Mantle of the dragonfriend
    Gloves    str +6
    Goggles    GS SP +6 wis
    Ring 1    cons +6
    Ring 2    Ring of the Buccaneer
    Trinket    Efficient max II of kinetic lore IV
    Mainhand    Impulse 66 scepter of radiance lore IV
    Offhand    Evo focus I heavy densewood shield of sup stab
    Armor    ?
    Yes go with Blue Armor. If you are an evoker it will help you all around with your casting. I would likely make them robes as a caster build you are going to start kiting stuff through BB soon if you are not already. It will give you increased jumping and balance mobility for that.

Given your gear layout it seems you can do some cannith crafting. (ah and your description above) drop the minos legens. The newer Minos you can unslot the vitality and it is a colorless augment. Get a base item that has a colorless augment and slot that in there. You can craft heavy fort or use heavy fort in an augment on something else crafted. Make note however that augment slots will increase the base ML. Like a ring with a colorless augment I think will have a +2 fully disjuncted so a base ML of 3 rather than 1.

I'd make something with Evo II and possibility Enchantment II for Command and Greater Command.
    Add something to those +6 str/con items as well. And find a way to slot a resistance item.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Given the gear you have I'd say go for the blue armor. It will make it easier to drop trinkets and weapons if needed and still maintain a decent baseline on spell power and lore.
    Thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    Yes go with Blue Armor. If you are an evoker it will help you all around with your casting. I would likely make them robes as a caster build you are going to start kiting stuff through BB soon if you are not already. It will give you increased jumping and balance mobility for that.

Given your gear layout it seems you can do some cannith crafting. (ah and your description above) drop the minos legens. The newer Minos you can unslot the vitality and it is a colorless augment. Get a base item that has a colorless augment and slot that in there. You can craft heavy fort or use heavy fort in an augment on something else crafted. Make note however that augment slots will increase the base ML. Like a ring with a colorless augment I think will have a +2 fully disjuncted so a base ML of 3 rather than 1.

I'd make something with Evo II and possibility Enchantment II for Command and Greater Command.
    Add something to those +6 str/con items as well. And find a way to slot a resistance item.
    Thanks for the tips. My last two TRs were melee lives, so kiting through BB has been liberating

I like the idea for Minos, I think I'll do that. And I'll make a swap item with enchantment II for the spells you mentioned.

As for the resistance item, I thought of just leaving Superior Stability on the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Thanks for the tips. My last two TRs were melee lives, so kiting through BB has been liberating
    If you are going completionist or caster TR path, then with Blue Dragonscale Robes you will also get more life out of them as you can then use them for at the very least Wizzy and Sorc lives as well as regular Cleric. And ti could work for a few others we well depending on how you build and your play style.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - Morning Lord Warlock
    (TR XXI - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x3, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR XII - Epic Completionist - ItR III - PDK x3)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)