Community Member

Default Cormyrean Knight Training

The part that gives you bonus to tactical feats based on 1/3 of your CHA mod doesnt work or doesnt stack with something.

Tried it out with max char builds, several times and yes that part doesnt work at all. Could we get this fixed?

Dont see a point in owning purple dragon knight if this ability doesnt work as it was key for many build ideas i had

Any word this makes it to known issues/bugs list?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Any word this makes it to known issues/bugs list?
    Last time I checked, it wasn't included in Known Issues. It's also not fixed in the newest lamania build.

My guildie had a theory that it might be bugged in a way that it gives extra DCs only to STR based tactical feats. I don't know how true it is tho.

Community Member

Purple Dragon Knight
    NEW: Cormyrean Knight Training has had its description corrected to reflect its functionality:
    "You now use Charisma or Strength, whichever is higher, for attack and damage with shortswords, longswords, bastard swords, and greatswords. In addition, as long as your Charisma remains higher than your Strength and you are wielding one of the above weapons, you receive a bonus to the DCs of your Tactical Feats equal to 1/3 your Charisma modifier."
    Does this also mean that the 1/3 of CHA mod actually adds to tactical DCs now? Or did they simply change only the description and did nothing to the feat as usual ?

Community Member

I've just tested it on my monk on lamania myself. It appears that now you get the additional DCs (equal to 1/3 of your CHA mod) to Quivering Palm and Kukan - Do, but not to Stunning Fist. It makes completely no sense that Kukan - Do gets the extra DCs but Stunning Fist doesn't. First of all, they both use the same - stunning modifier. Secondly, Kukan - Do - technically isn't even a feat, so if I had to guess which one wouldn't get the extra DCs, i'd vote for Kukan - Do, not Stunning Fist (ofc I'd prefere that both of them get the bonus lol).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    I've just tested it on my monk on lamania myself. It appears that now you get the additional DCs (equal to 1/3 of your CHA mod) to Quivering Palm and Kukan - Do, but not to Stunning Fist. It makes completely no sense that Kukan - Do gets the extra DCs but Stunning Fist doesn't. First of all, they both use the same - stunning modifier. Secondly, Kukan - Do - technically isn't even a feat, so if I had to guess which one wouldn't get the extra DCs, i'd vote for Kukan - Do, not Stunning Fist (ofc I'd prefere that both of them get the bonus lol).

There was a dev response on this before...it is only intended to work with a sword in hand just like the CHA to atk and dmg. Their fix was to update the tool tip to say so.

Community Member

I think I've figured out why Cormyrean Knight Training doesn't add DCs to Stunning Fist. It's because technically you shouldn't be able to use Stunning Fist with a sword equipped. I didn't realize it at first, because on my monk I'm bypassing it by equipping swords, but playing in wolf form, thus my attacks count as unarmed and I'm able to use Stunning Fist freely. The question is... is it WAI?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    I think I've figured out why Cormyrean Knight Training doesn't add DCs to Stunning Fist. It's because technically you shouldn't be able to use Stunning Fist with a sword equipped. I didn't realize it at first, because on my monk I'm bypassing it by equipping swords, but playing in wolf form, thus my attacks count as unarmed and I'm able to use Stunning Fist freely. The question is... is it WAI?
    I'll answer that. It should work, but the devs don't know how to make it so, thus it'll never work.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I'll answer that. It should work, but the devs don't know how to make it so, thus it'll never work.
    Yeah, that was my guess too lol.