Community Member

Default What's up with the Dev Tracker?

** EDIT: I figured out why I wasn't seeing messages -- somehow my display mode was set to Threaded or Hybrid (didn't even know they existed) -- switching it back fixed it for me and now the links work and show the missing messages. **

Has anyone noticed that in the past week or two there seems to be a lot of phantom entries in the dev tracker (dev posts listed that aren't there in the thread when I go to look)?

What would be causing this?

Is the Dev Tracker haunted?
    Last edited by Fnordian; 10-15-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Community Member

The Dev's can choose whether a post appears in the Tracker. It's not just automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    The Dev's can choose whether a post appears in the Tracker. It's not just automatic.
    Wrong. Mods can choose, devs can't.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Fnordian View Post
    Has anyone noticed that in the past week or two there seems to be a lot of phantom entries in the dev tracker (dev posts listed that aren't there in the thread when I go to look)?

What would be causing this?

Is the Dev Tracker haunted?
    Do you have an example? I haven't noticed anything.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Do you have an example? I haven't noticed anything.
    Okay, so I just went to copy/paste some dev listings (ones where no messages were appearing for me when I clicked the links) and I noticed that the message numbering seemed to be starting at one regardless of the page.

Further investigation finally revealed I had somehow ended up in either "Hybrid" or "Threaded" display mode (didn't even know they existed) and so that's why I wasn't seeing a lot of the messages (only showed me 7 pages in one thread vs. 20 when I just now switched it back to regular display mode).

Sorry for the false alarm...at least now I know what was wrong and can see the missing messages!